1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

McCain will Be at the Debate - Even with no deal struck.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GeorgeB., Sep 26, 2008.

The strong leader who sticks to his guns and does stuff the maverick way just announced that he will be at the debate tonight. Even though he said he would not leave Washington until a deal was struck and we are further from a deal than we were when he pulled his political grand stand.

So is his campaign still going to be suspended because after the debate I'm sure he'll want to get back to Washington to "help" more.

I know most of you will be scouring the net, fox news, and conservative talk radio looking for talking points to respond with. But in the meantime do any of you republicans have their own thoughts on this?

Poor Palin, her only chance of having her next Wednesday debate postponed just evaporated. :(

GeorgeB., Sep 26, 2008 IP
  2. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not a McCain fan, well that's your choice but aren't the people in congress supposed to handle this type of stuff? They were supposed[//B] to handle it before it ever happened. Again, plenty of blame on both sides for that too.

Let's face it, we can sling crap at each other's candidate all day long and neither of us will change our vote. I know you haven't been here for a while, but we've been slinging the same tired crap for months.

I'd give McCain an "ataboy" for his efforts. Obama gets nothing for his efforts. Why do you ridicule McCain for trying to help? You should be upset because Obama is not trying to help.

Don't you worry about Governor Palin. Time will tell, but really all she needs to do is stay out of the way and let him shoot himself in the foot.

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually.... Obama "helped" just as much as McCain did. They went to the same meeting.

Barack only left Washington a few hours before McCain did....

The reality here is the process would have gone a lot smoother without the pause for publicity.

GeorgeB., Sep 26, 2008 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    McDonald is naming one of it's sandwiches after Mccain. Mcchicken

pizzaman, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  5. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Why the quoted "helped"? Neither of us know McCain's schedule, well maybe you do, but I don't. I would give him credit for his efforts. Obama on the other hand, could only offer the "McCain is unable to multitask" crap. I wish it were a cleaner campaign on both sides. As it is, I have to vote for McCain "in spite of" all the negative campaigning and mud slinging he is doing. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I hope you realize that you're probably in the same boat.

That "pause for publicity" is impossible to avoid given that each is traveling with a plane full of press.

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  6. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Gawd, why do you have to puke in every thread on this board? :rolleyes:

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  7. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't I just read the first post of this thread in another thread? Lame....

Firegirl, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I find it more lame that John McCain played a political wild card in the hope of resurrecting his campaign, in the midst of a severe crisis, only to say, "crap, it didn't work," and head to the debate in a walk of shame.

northpointaiki, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing i see in common is his name It makes me want to puke :D:p:D

10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I really think he wanted an out for the debate if his droopy left side of his face didn't resolve itself. That would have made for horrible TV appearance and much like the Nixon debate would have doomed him. Now that it has resolved itself he can appear for the debate.

Not sure what it says about the man's conviction when he proclaimed he would not appear until a deal was done and we are farther now then when he initiated this stunt.

browntwn, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  11. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that's your opinion. I don't agree. I've wondered for a long time who's doing the voting while the candidates are campaigning. See if you can look past your position long enough to consider that McCain might have thought it was important for him to do something instead of just watch.

Neither of us honestly know either way, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  12. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    that's how he got his name, isn't it?
    Mr McShame

Brandon Sheley, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Jazz, I'm sorry, but I have looked "past my position" a good deal on the man. Though Biz and Mia seem to be enjoying themselves doing everything they can to effect a snow job - here, as I'm sick of the horseshit presumptions, let me make it evident:

I've thought quite well of the man in the past, until his behavior of the last few weeks.

I'd say it is you that needs to look past your position, and really ask yourself - has Senator McCain not turned this entire thing into a circus, but no one is really buying it? Ed Rollins himself, blaming the campaign for keeping Palin under protective shield, etc. - this doesn't bring you to take an honest appraisal as to what has been going on in the name of your party?

@Brown: saw your thread, sorry, didn't reply. I was stricken by what you raised and went to view historical photos/vids, and completely agree with you. By my eye, he has suffered a palsy that is quite marked. I hope he's O.K., to be honest, and would just hope that if in fact he's got something of a serious nature, he comes clean.

Your comparison with the "5 o'clock shadow" Nixon v. Kennedy debate is apt. I think this is a gambit played by Senator McCain that was played quite, quite badly, and I don't know if he'll recover from this ploy.

14. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I have seen and heard much more from Palin than I have Biden. Perhaps it is the area that I am in, but in reality, Palin has followed John McCain around to town hall meetings and has done several interviews on TV. Perhaps the publicity of Palin is just the fact that Biden isn't very interesting nor does he hold any weight in this campaign?

I've got no doubt that there were some outside motives that sparked this decision. I strongly disagree with some of the popular ones that the Democrats keep bringing up though. For example, scared of the debate... McCain has been the one pushing for face to face appearances with Obama up until this point only to have Obama running in the other direction.

He won't come out and tell people unless he has to. It isn't going to affect my decision to vote for him regardless because I think Palin could step in and fill the shoes just fine if she had to. Thats just my opinion, I know yours differs.

PHPGator, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That doesn't square at all with anything I know, PHP. Biden has given something like 90+ interviews since being picked, unscripted, and Palin has been shielded so completely that Ed Rollins himself noted it last night, and he castigated the ticket for it. I'd have to completely disagree.

Then I'd suggest it behooved him to not play this attempt, two days before the first official debate.

Yep, it does differ, my friend. The McCain ticket is incredibly sensitive on this issue, because, more and more, it is becoming patently obvious Palin is utterly not up for the job - the only unscripted interviews she's granted, she has absolutely, categorically blown it - as noted by Rollins himself, as I said, on CNN last night. Rollins looked as glum as it could get, but I think he knows the obvious, and to his credit, he said so.

16. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you are certainly verbose, as always, and again we play the game of semantics. Let me just cut through the crap. "past my position" means nothing except "here is my position, consider this". It doesn't mean that you are a stupid old shit, or that your are an arogant old buffoon, or that you are a saintly priest of a man.

I can say that I'm getting tired of your thin skinned responses. "horseshit presumptions"??? What do I have to do to get some more of that? Please may I have another, sir???

No one is accusing you of anything. I don't give a fuck if you agree with me or not. I don't care if I win. I don't care if you think you win. I just prefer to give McCain the benefit of the doubt, that's all.

Now please, try to refrain from the usual "what I implied" type of response. Really.

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    any one thinks McCain is going to lie tonight.

18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Jazz, settle down. You've misread me.

I'm saying that if I was so ideologically predisposed as to paint McCain's suspension something other than it was, I wouldn't have been defending the guy for months, now.

The "horseshit presumptions" wasn't directed to you. It was directed to those who call me a traitor to my country, and so forth, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Yet the lies continue, as shown in the other thread.

The rest is wrapped up in the above misreading, bro. I'm not offended at your asking me to look at things differently; not in the slightest. I simply say that I have. On the other hand, I honestly believe this has been turned into a circus by McCain's camp, and wonder if you need to step back and ask yourself some of the questions I posed - as posed by Ed Rollins, for example.

Hope that clears it up.

19. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is because she is a clear danger. Hurricanes attract a lot of attention also

something spooked them for sure. I think it was in his mock debate
    will you vote for him if he lies tonight?

20. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    FYI, Ed Rollins opinion would hold weight if he actually had any part in McCain/Palin's campaign. But he doesn't, so i'm not sure why you feel that his opinion holds so much weight. Regardless, I still stand by my position that I have seen much more from the media on Palin than I have Biden.

I would agree on the stance that we have yet to see how Palin will fair within a debate, but we'll soon see. Lets just hope that Biden doesn't continue to stumble over his words if he wants a chance at winning it. ;)

PHPGator, Sep 26, 2008 IP