1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Maybe were all under attack !

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by bluegill_catcher, Jul 6, 2005.

If you scroll down you will now see right on the main forum page:
    3 incidents of our friends and users being attacked for adsense, and they all heppened or are happening not far apart in time.

---------------------------------------
    AmCy (banned) for invalid clicks - That sucks, and I mean that truly I am so sorry. I have learned a lot from all your help and comments on this forum the few months I have been here. It's so scary and sad that google is becoming nothing of a friend but instead a greedy controller, and will ban anyone for anothers actions.
    Ac3 of Spades (banned) for invalid clicks also. Some flamed or said it was his own fault, this may or not be the case. Could of just been another attack against a member of this forum.
    Use your equity (under attack) by some guy on an other forum, saying his site is against TOS and it's not.

This looks like war to me. And it's nuts to have to worry about google banning us because of other people who get nothing but great joy out of doing it.

There are already a couple other great programs going, besides overture. Try these for adsense back-ups:

This one pays great for BLOG ads:
    http://www.crispads.com

This one is better than Overtures:
    http://www.burstmedia.com

----------------------------------------

I hope these help any of us that get banned from adsense because of other jerks, that should be trying to help people instead of trying to hurt, because of greed and stupidity.

bluegill_catcher, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Nice theory although 2 out of the 3 people mentioned weren't members when they were attacked, etc. They just posted here after the fact because of the way this forum ranks.

There have been posts complaining of a ban ever since AdSense started.

I don't think there is a DP conection between the ones you mentioned ;)

yfs1, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Absolutely.....and to be sure, how do we know these people are being completely honest? Did they click? How do we know - we don't - we can only go on what they say...that's a dubious way of coming up with a strong theory!

Foxy, Jul 6, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  4. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I think there are a few ways to avoid this, most people here seem not to agree with it, but thats totally up to them. First thing is, Dont tell anyone else here, or on any other forum, through post, through PM, through Signature, What your websites are, or even there categories. I dont want anyone finding my website, besides the people who are looking for information on the subjects of my website.

Dont employ any Black SEO. Google bombing, Doorway Pages, Server Side Cloaking, If you use these techniques you will have a higher chance of "pissing someone off", and them having a field day with your ads.

These are just the measures im taking.

Worldwid, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    What would you call link development then?

So what you are saying is don't perform well or else someone will try to f**k you up.

SEbasic, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense is a privilege not a right.

ServerUnion, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  7. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    As much less people know your pages less is chance to have problems. I recently have discuss in this forum with people who does not have anything better to work in ther lives than to sniching around for G. For me bombing sites with fraud clicks is the same. It is bad. Are they a humans? Looks like I watching Survival.

_vlada_, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  8. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    No what im saying is dont try to get un-needed attention. Who knows the kind of people lurking around on these forums, who never register / never post. Im ranking very well, broke 150 bucks for yesterday =)

I plan on keeping it that way. Only people I want to find my website are people looking for information/services in relation to the category of my website.

By Google Bombing I meant spamming Blogs/Forums/Discussion boards/ Etc. It is alot easier to make enemies on the internet then it is to make friends, especially when it comes down the power of the all-mighty buck.

Worldwid, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  9. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    ServerUnion,

If I show ads for google, it's my right to get paid for them. If my account is banned, and they withhold my money, or return it to the adwords clients, and I am in no way defrauding them... then that is not a privilege.

Using the logic, it's a privilege for you to get paid when you go to work. They could start withholding paychecks and you could do nothing about it.

nddb, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  10. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    If you'd been getting a friend to clock in and out for you instead of turning up for work then they would have every right to withold your paycheck. The problem with adsense is that Google hold all the cards and if they deal you a bad hand then there is nobody to complain to. Those who defend Google point to the vast scale of their operation and the difficulty in dealing with every complaint, but with the vast profits they're making its more likely they simply couldn't care less :(

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 6, 2005 IP