1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Maybe I've gone too far :(

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, May 7, 2008.

1. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cylai: You're absolutely right. Having a number of niches helps to identify the right niche to expand on. I use a link to "hottest selling products" within that particular niche on most of my sites. I think that helps.

Dude-Dastic: I consider myself very lucky that I kind of fell into this. I really didn't have a strategy, but I picked my niches based on the domains that I already had sitting around doing nothing. Generally, a great place to find a niche is on the BANS site itself, looking at the customer stores.

Twan: Yes, they are all BANS sites. I'm currently experimenting on my non BANS sites by placing ebay banners on them, but so far, it's not looking too good.

Another thing I've been very fortunate with are ACRU's. I had somewhere between 18-20 ACRU's in April, which definitely helps.

mcmuney, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you use the default template on them all?

mikey1090, May 12, 2008 IP
  3. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    If you are referring to BANS, then yes, I'm using one of the six default that's provided by the BANS script on seven of my sites. I have two sites that are custom coded.

mcmuney, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    mcmuney: actually, if you refer to my blog below, I have a section where you are able to find hot seling products.
    In short... just check out the best sellers list from these ecom sites:
    -amazon;
    -eBay pulse;
    -ciao.co.uk
    -pricegrabber.com

Also, don't forget to monitor the trend. Right now there are a lot of searches for "Jenna Bush Wedding". I reckon merchants who sold related products (I saw one selling mugs with the couples picture) are raking in some cash :) . Some of them may be selling via eBay too!

cylai, May 12, 2008 IP
  5. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    mcmuney, nice work. care to share how you promote your site. do you update your site frequently ? I need to improve my BANS site performance. added few short article and submit the site to directory but still cannot see much improvement.

bujuk, May 13, 2008 IP
  6. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    bujuK: if you are driving traffic to BANS site via organic search, you definitely need to be patient.

cylai, May 13, 2008 IP
  7. Webmaster2008

Webmaster2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work sir. You are an inspiration!

Webmaster2008, May 13, 2008 IP
  8. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope your using different templates for each

ezcat, May 13, 2008 IP
  9. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally depends on how your sites are doing and what your stats are. It could be too much but it could be just right - depends on your time committment and avaliability! There's definitely something to be said for focus however and don't overextend yourself. Sometimes MORE is LESS! Best of luck and Take Care! Let us know how it works out...

nonyf, May 13, 2008 IP
  10. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    I've done a variety of things, including articles (but not frequent, I rely on the ebay products to self update with new content), directories for backlinks, social bookmarks sites, etc. Even though all of my sites have been crawled by google, not all are generating traffic. From what I hear, backlinks is the best bet.

mcmuney, May 13, 2008 IP
  11. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still son't get it.
    What are Niche Products now?

rsrikanth05, May 14, 2008 IP
  12. gh2008

gh2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 30 EPN sites. Most of them makes about $5-15 a day. Ebay works great for me.

gh2008, May 14, 2008 IP
  13. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    rsrikanth05: Niche product is a specific item that your target. For example, lets say that you only want to sell DVD movies... that's your niche product.

gh2008: Approximately $10K per month, that's amazing. I'd like to hit that target with the sites that I have today.

mcmuney, May 14, 2008 IP
  14. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    mcmuney, almost similar what I've done. except for the article directory. Need to write add more related articles, I presume.

cylai, yes I'm depending on organic search. my sites has been around for more than 6 mo now. but the performance is not really impressive. need some push. will plan something for the sites.

bujuk, May 14, 2008 IP
  15. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Peon

Best Answers:
    You talking about EPN niche stores? People actually makes money from that... impressive

mrmrdan, May 15, 2008 IP
  16. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Where have you been? People are making a lot of money with EPN. Most people are unsatisfied with the reporting issues, but it's a great way to build additional income.

mcmuney, May 15, 2008 IP