1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Maximum Ad Units and Competitive Ads

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by aliweb, Mar 21, 2008.

Hi,

I have got two questions about Google AdSense.

Q1. According to Google TOS

# Up to three ad units may be displayed on each page.
    # A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
    # Up to three link units may also be placed on each page.

Does this mean that on a single page I can display 3 ad units + 2 search boxes + 3 link units

OR

I can only display 3 ad units OR 2 search boxes OR 3 link units?

Q2. Google TOS says that:

In order to prevent user confusion, we do not permit Google ads or search boxes to be published on websites that also contain other ads or services formatted to use the same layout and colors as the Google ads or search boxes on that site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure these ads cannot be confused with Google ads.

In first sentence it is saying that you cannot display competitive ads. And then in next line it says YOU MAY SELL ADS DIRECTLY ON YOUR SITE BUT MAKE SURE THESE ADS ARE NOT CONFUSED WITH GOOGLE ADS.
    So which one of the sentence is true or I am missing something!?

aliweb, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  2. ohtony

ohtony Active Member

Best Answers:
    this mean that on a single page I can display 3 ad units + 2 search boxes + 3 link units
    If you are using adbrite just change the color of the ads so they are not the same as adsense colors

ohtony, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  3. dtriola

dtriola Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this statement but be careful with AdBrite. When I installed their ads on my sites they ran a lot of PoP Up ads. Even when I chose to not have the full page ads shown it would still redirect my site to this pop up. I immediately removed their ads as Google frowns upon pop ups and redirects and they will result in account termination. Good luck.

dtriola, Mar 21, 2008 IP