1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutt's on Google's algo changes

Discussion in 'Google' started by A Local SEO, Dec 1, 2008.

1. A Local SEO

A Local SEO Member

Best Answers:
    A tweak does indicate a minor change. The daily fluctuations generally are a from landing at different data centers as they produce different results.

A Local SEO, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  2. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    From what I remember hi said that is the same difference for them as long as it works for us, when asked about subdomains vs subdirectories...or did I missed something BIG?

agtile, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  3. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:

FSB-fresh site bonus

agtile, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  4. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i read this somewhere aswell, they are only small tweaks but tweaks nevertheless. Trying to stay in front of google is not easy

jasonb25, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  5. cyberfreakz

cyberfreakz Peon

Best Answers:
    yes.. google's tryin to become more human now.. they pay a lot of atention to other site details as well other than content and links, such as daily traffic volume n other stuff.... waiting to see how things pan out!

cyberfreakz, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  6. internetsuser27

internetsuser27 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is interesting information. Yet, it is a little backwards because, although conversions are a vitally important part of a SEO'd website; there is nothing to convert without visitors. Being ranked high in google for something is a good way to get visitors.

I understand what they are saying, but it seems to me like subtle marketing speak for: "This is our new approach to get you to stop thinking in terms of pagerank and the rest will take care of itself." -I see this to be half-true, you need both.

Matt Cutts is a cool guy and I respect his perspective. I think this change of philosophy will be beneficial overall.

Thanks!

internetsuser27, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  7. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I was just guessing how often Google's algo changes - thanks for the exact figure. I quite believe it.

SEO_WatchDog, Dec 17, 2008 IP