1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutts Gives Insight To Bigdaddy

Discussion in 'Google' started by Las Vegas Homes, May 16, 2006.

1. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    This so bad for the overall G search experience... users would not want to deal with that type of search result.

If this continues users will switch to MSN or Y...

sGroup, May 17, 2006 IP
  2. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    The problem is we rely too much on G. If we all were to ...

1. replace adsense code from all our sites
    2. remove any all all Google Analystics code
    3. not use adwords
    4. add a nocrawl for google in our robot.txt
    5. remove the Google toolbars
    etc

They would see a huge impact on their bottom line and the information they gather from us.

LaCabra, May 17, 2006 IP
  3. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree... G knows they have MSN and Y after market share and G is at a panic point...

sGroup, May 17, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried a reinclusion request? What did they say?

mad4, May 17, 2006 IP
  5. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    OOH! OOH! I know...
    :D

NetMidWest, May 17, 2006 IP
  6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Mad4 ... if you still have some pages indexed and one removes say the LV/DP coop ads shouldn't google be able to pick that up and you shouldn't need to do a reinclusion no? My understanding was that reinclusions were for banned sites? :confused:

LaCabra, May 17, 2006 IP
  7. theblackjeep

theblackjeep Peon

Best Answers:
    The web is perfect for someone selling a unique product that people cannot get from a big box store, or do not know where to find it in their home town. If it is readily available a couple miles from their house, they probably won't buy from you anyway. I'll take 6 or 7 in the serp if the top 5 are huge big box stores with locations in every town. I know what is in WalMart so I have no need to go to their site.

theblackjeep, May 17, 2006 IP
  8. Cygnus

Cygnus Cat Herder

Best Answers:
    You're correct sayles, the proper request would be to send to a solicitation address (like the nyses or whatever that e-mail was), using the subject heading asked for to filter specific issues.

Cygnus, May 17, 2006 IP
  9. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    It's for dropped sites, too. But if my theories are correct in my long-winded (sorry guys, my own mego!) about why pages are being de-indexed, it might help in the short run, but will get dropped again.
    Very reminicent of when I was caught in 302 redirect hijacking hell - I'd get one shut down or changed, get my site reincluded, do okay for a few days, only to have another hijack me. Add to that one particular server that I got shut down repeatedly reappearing elsewhere (on cable internet connections, residential, used TOS to kill it) and it was near impossible to get back in for any length of time.

NetMidWest, May 17, 2006 IP
  10. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No need to send a reinclusion request as the spiders are spidering like crazy, three times I glanced at the admin panel and there were 3 googlebots, 2 yahoo bots and an MSN bot on there at the same time.

Old Welsh Guy, May 17, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread suggests reinclusion requests are for penaltys as well banned sites.

mad4, May 17, 2006 IP
  12. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just had a site that also has a large forum in it drop to 900 pages a couple days ago, and an established forum drop to 21 pages.

Meanwhile, a forum that I created, kept online for 6 months, and then deleted back in September of last year, still shows pages indexed, and a PR of 3.

Yeah, something is broken.

SportsOutlaw, May 17, 2006 IP
  13. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont use my analytics anymore, as it is nothing but a way for google to analye my site for free. I have stopped using adwords, but will continue to use adsense as long as I can make money from it. If something comes in and pays me better, out the door it goes. Google toolbar is out the door, happily using MSN search with IE7 installed.

I am not going to block google from indexing me if they want, that benefits me. I am not, however going to remove coop ads as long as they are benefiting me. And at this point, I feel they are still benefiting me well with MSN.

If google does indeed penalize coop users by deindexing them, then coop will simply no longer exist in the state that it is in. At that point, it would depend on what Shawn did with the COOP to change it, if anything. If he modified it to where it could still be useful at that point, I would continue to use it. If not, then bye to the coop code and it was fun while it lasted.

Bottom line is many here put google way to high on a pedestal. I didn't spend hours and hours building recip links, only to get rid of them because google doesn't want me to use them. What's next? If google decides it wants to devalue certain fonts, are we all going to change our text to some new "google font"?

SportsOutlaw, May 17, 2006 IP
  14. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    just a little update: I have reviewed a few other sites of friends of mine ... all original content 100% no coop/lv or outbound links to "bad sites" or affiliates they've lost anywhere from 65% to 95% of their indexed pages. Cutts is feeding us a line people ....

LaCabra, May 17, 2006 IP
  15. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    For everyone who has established sites with natural links that are losing indexed pages in Google, you have reason to gripe, and Google needs to rectify that.

However, everyone else that admits to doing link exchanges or anything else Google is now cracking down on, you have no right to complain. That's the game you play in SEO.

torunforever, May 17, 2006 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    of course 4 years ago google said that trading links with similiar sites was a good thing, but hey who would listen to them?

ferret77, May 17, 2006 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Every page on my site is an unique original article on a different subject. Every page is a static .html page, my site has no PHP or ASP. Pretty muck all IBLs are natural and a high percentage point to inner pages. The site never, ever ran coop, it can't, it's html. I have been adding new pages on almost a daily basis since the site was launched 10 months ago. Any new page I put up would be indexed within 3 days. I hit a max of 800 pages indexed about 2 months ago, which was right, then google bork and I've gone down to as low as 280 indexed pages, currently it's 415, but msn has 1200 pages indexed for me.

Google must have had some trust in my site as my pages rank(ed) very well for the topic they covered, those listed still do, but some of the pages dropped ranked #1 in G for their keywords and easily 80% ranked top 10.

Roman, May 17, 2006 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is possible to setup the coop on html sites. There's a detailed explanation of how to set it up right here on DP.

dcristo, May 17, 2006 IP
  19. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    What I don't understand is they are not indexing pages with these so-called irrelevent links. Instead of that they should discount/ignore these links or provide no value passed on. IE, just tread these irrelevent links as no_follow but index the damn page. Not sure why you would not index the page because you think the links may not be "natural".

Very odd way of approaching it.

gford, May 17, 2006 IP
  20. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what IBM said (Big Blue anyone?), then thats what Microsoft said..

Due time my friend.

It can start by all these people switching to an alternative, which ever one that may be. I know I use http://my.yahoo.com/ as my home page now.

gford, May 17, 2006 IP