1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutts Gives Insight To Bigdaddy

Discussion in 'Google' started by Las Vegas Homes, May 16, 2006.

1. jimsmith

jimsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to join link vault, but setting up dig points coop is SO ridiculously complicated that it's not worth it. Will i find link vaults process to be more simple?

jimsmith, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:

Are you aware of Google Trustrank patent? If not then I suggest you read about it. I have done some words and an example here. http://www.umbrella-consultancy.co.uk/art1-trustrank.htm

Old Welsh Guy, May 18, 2006 IP
  3. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bigdaddy is not over, or they still have screwed up things.

And Google did had/has issues.

It's not the bad link *bullshitt*, that someone wrote over there.

Cristian Mezei, May 18, 2006 IP
  4. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    You have taken a lot of time thinking this whole "trust rank" thing out and I agree with your observations. Only time will tell how this will all play out in the long run. I have no doubt if you have taken the time to understand what Google is looking for in its new "trust rank" system, the SPAMMERS have spent even more time trying to find a way to beat the system. This is like some kind of "cat and mouse" game and the sad truth is that only Google seems to be interested in taking Internet Search to the next level. Maybe Yahoo and Live are interested as well, but their efforts are not showing up in their results as of yet. Surely, these new systems will have to evolve over the next few years so that purely SPAM sites don't dominate all the free results.

markhutch, May 18, 2006 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Trust rank can not be beaten, as the key is the seeded sites. Google can remove a seed site in the blink of an eye, or take out the bad apple in the barrel.
    And how do you know I haven't spent all this time working it out because I AM a closet spammer :D <joke>

6. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a closet spammer, then I guess this was your "coming out the the closet" moment! :)

7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to be a closet spammer, then I met girls, now I spam them :p

lorien1973, May 18, 2006 IP
    relixx likes this.
  8. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what we may be seeing here is "TR" being put into action. For years, people have thought "PR" was something an index page obtained and then passed down to the rest of the pages on a web site. The truth is that "PR" was not passed in that way at all. Many sites have much higher "PR" pages within the site than is displayed on their index page. With that in mind, there may be a three tiered system developing within Google. First, a "TR" rating which would be site wide score, unlike "PR". I also think that there is a different set of ratings developing within the "TR" sites and that is some kind of "content rating" given to each page. Without a "content rating" the whole "TR" system wouldn't work right in my opinion.

Maybe Google is giving a "content rating" to each page that is fetched. That content rating would take into consideration the "PR" of that page, the "TR" of that domain and whether or not the content of that particular page fits into what Google has determined that domain should be about. Matt Cutts did say several times in this post that upon inspection he found problems at some web sites with "out linking" to non-related domains. While most of us think this statement might mean one thing, it could mean something else entirely. He could be talking about using those out-links to define what type of content is considered acceptable for Google on a particular domain. If this is the case, then all pages on domains which don't fit this "Google Designation" of what content should be present on that domain will be ignored in their search results.

While most folks believe "PR" isn't that important anymore, the truth might just be it is still important but it is just one of three or more different criteria which goes into every single page when it comes to Google results.

9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I think the way google passed out PR like it was crack the last update, shows how worthless (toolbar) PR is. Too many sites got 7 and 8's - way too many.

10. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Very disturbing.

11. wisam74us

wisam74us Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I v noticed that my SERPS didn t affected with Big daddy what s mean no penalty , but the problem is that the pages deindexed and then lose any chance to shown in the SERPS
    But the SERPS for any of my pages (I v monitoring closley in the last month) didn t affect as far as the page still in google index.
    WHy google is dropping the pages .. if it wants to penalize .. just drop them in the SERPS ??

wisam74us, May 18, 2006 IP
  12. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Google are saying that they are dropping pages who are selling links (or appear to be).

13. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

First off Google sells links. Problem I have, how can they tell who is selling links or not, if a site appears to be, but doesn't do they deserve to get dropped? That's IMHO is just another smokescreen. I think their Algo blew up and they can't fix it.

Roman, May 18, 2006 IP
  14. Caios

Caios Peon

Best Answers:

lol I think that sums google up at the moment.

Caios, May 18, 2006 IP
  15. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:

how can they tell who is selling links or not, They can't and that is the problem, although they CAN identify reciprocal links, the % of reciprocals across a site, they can cluster sites with regard links, and of course they can identify small text in the footer of a page, and other 'non natural' linking patterns.

if a site appears to be, but doesn't do they deserve to get dropped - No but Google do not mind throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

That's IMHO is just another smokescreen - I disagree, I think they have tried to bring in a 'bad linking practice' filter, and they have screwed up bigtime with it.

I think their Algo blew up and they can't fix it - Agreed, see above. You simply took what I said at face value without reading my previous posts I think. I was making a statement about what Google were 'saying'. This was meant to encourage debate on the matter, which it has ;)

The problem for Google is that the backbone of their algorithm has always been links! These links have been manipulated, and this has weakened the ability of the algorithm to determine the quality of sites, resulting in compromised SERP's. The ONLY way they can see of sorting this out (IMO), is to bring down large sites who appear to be participating in link mongering (be it paid or reciprocal). They 'could' negate the value of these links (as they did with phpbb.com) but Eric Schmidt the Google CEO has stated that Google has 'a machine crisis', saying that those machines are full.

The phrase '2 birds with one stone' comes to mind. Remove the sites with low quality backlinks and multiple run of site footer links (of any description), damaging the core of many PR/Link mongering networks, and at the same time freeing up valuable space on those 'full ' machines.

GTech likes this.
  16. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Geeezussss ... Google just farted or burped up my site ... down to 5xx indexed pages this morning upto 129,000 as of now, still a little short from all time 156K and entire site of 250K+ ... other than that all revs and traffic are down ...

LaCabra, May 18, 2006 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Good for you, but bad for the person that last 128,5xx pages on that burp or fart;)

Roman, May 18, 2006 IP
  18. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Would be better if it was upsidedown, then my sites might rank again.

mad4, May 19, 2006 IP
  19. JamesIsHere

JamesIsHere Guest

Best Answers:
    Great post, thanks for the nice read, hopefully I can still use Digital Point to get starting sites indexed.

JamesIsHere, May 19, 2006 IP
  20. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Well Roman if it makes you feel any better I went back to 510 indexed pages this morning! :eek:

LaCabra, May 19, 2006 IP