1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Master Thesis with Web-Design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Olop01, Jan 15, 2016.

Hi there community,
    I am new here and maybe this is an unconventional topic, but I still dare to ask:

I am doing my master thesis this year at an art university in Multimedia Design. I am not much of a programmer or game designer, but I am mostly into Web Design and I am also learning Android Studio for the first time (which is hard for me since it is mostly coding).

So I am still struggling to find a modern themed, unconventional and interesting project to work on for my master thesis. Please don't get me wrong on this, I'm not trying to make you do all the work. I just wanted to get some inspiration and a wider view of Web- (or App-) Design topics to choose from.

And what if someone of you really is into a specific topic, which might be interesting for my thesis too? Well, why not work together on that topic and share thoughts and knowledge?

I would be happy to hear from you guys! Thanks a lot! :)
    Olop

Olop01, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then spend some time upgrading your skills so you have some clue about the functionality required for a web site. The internet already has too many web designers doing crap "art" instead of content delivery; taking money from clients who never recover the cost of their site because pretty site the are designed as art and an extension of a designer's ego fail, by the thousands every weak.

A master of art in web design is worth about the same as a half-off coupon from Walmart if the holder cannot code well enough to understand why "artistic design" has not place on a commercial, or support site where user come looking for specific content and consider the "art" nothing but a distraction getting in the way of what they are looking for.

That is not to say a site should not look good, but presentation is the last thing to be done; not the first.

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  3. Olop01

Olop01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, you might got me wrong here. What I mean is I actually AM able to produce websites. The part with the coding was meant to count for Android Studio (Java coding), which I find makes it hard to build a wonderful app in just one semester when you're still a beginner in Java Coding.

I am in search for some interesting new developments in the web or app scene, which could be a good base for a master thesis. :)

Olop01, Jan 18, 2016 IP