1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

massive deindexing

Discussion in 'Google' started by njoker555, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Volvospeed

Volvospeed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not IP based. I have two sites de-indexed and 7 sites total. All the sites are on one of two IPs. Each IP has one deindexed site. All the other sites are fine.

Volvospeed, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. k9stud

k9stud Active Member

Best Answers:
    here we go again, indexed again but not in the search results, not sure if this time i will be indexed for good or just for an hour like last time...

k9stud, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  3. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have one client who went from 950k listings to 118k listings.

pc_user, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  4. Charlee22

Charlee22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey K9stud, same with my site. It is fully indexed now and the webmaster account is updated as well. It says pages from your site are included in Gs index and also, pages from my sitemap are included in the index.

But I am not relaxed completely yet. They play too mcuh and this could be temporary.

I see all my pages indexed using the site: command. SERPs are not what they were, I am gone from the first page results....now around 5 to 7th page.

keeping my fingers crossed.

Charlee22, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. superbitz

superbitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FYI to all interested parties. My missing 3 sites DID all pop back into Google this evening at around 8pm PST. All sites popped back in 3-4 pages lower then where they started. It would "appear" on 1st blush that all three sites have been hit with a -30 ranking penalty, but again, it could just be a temporary readjustment.

All pages and keywords are back though. Just noticeably lower. Will continue to monitor this situation and update the board. But hey, at least its not a ban :).

superbitz, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same here, site seems to be back but all keywords now at about position 40-50.

I guess one good sign, it's clear that all of us here were hit by the same thing, disappearing at the same time and now coming back at the same time, and I'm pretty sure there is nothing in common between our sites. So fingers-crossed our ratings will come back as well.

Rasputin, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you search "gamers forum" - my site gamers-forum.com used to be #1 out of nearly 10,000,000 (10 million) results - now its less than a million lmao - im also ranked 2 now which is sad

njoker555, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmnn ..I had posted that it started reindexing some of my lost pages on some of my websites effected by this. But now it appears the pages that were reindexed are lost again. All the rankings for my pages have either stayed the same or increased (ofcourse except for those that disappeared completely). None of the homepages have disappeared just some of the subpages.

DonMecca, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  10. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    How about the opposite problem...

Whos seeing 9.6 Billion pages just on the forum?

Last i heard Google only had 8 Billion pages indexed when they removed that info from the homepage.

Tell me i'm seeing things. :confused:

sweetfunny, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    9.6 Billion pages? What's up with that?

bogart, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  12. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    My site looks to have returned to its original SERPS, give or take a slight movement. Hope it stays, I don't think I could stand three more days like the ones I've just had!

Still, I haven't got 9.6 billion pages indexed quite yet...

Rasputin, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  13. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    No idea, the board only has 2.43 Million posts and recently showpost.php was blocked eliminating alot of URL's and just leaving the 295k showthread.php pages.

9.6 Billion - That would be 80% to 90% of Googles index. :confused:

sweetfunny, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  14. Nakkers

Nakkers Peon

Best Answers:
    I had 4 sites completly de-indexed on Monday, all hosted in the UK with unique IP's. There had been no drop in PR during the last update.

They are now all back in the index showing the same number of indexed pages, but the SERPS are gone. Instead of the multiple page 1 rankings they are ranked on pages 5 to 7.

Not ideal, but I will be giving things some time to settle down. I have made knee-jerk reactions to things like this in the past and ade matters worse. It has taken nearly 5 days for the sites to come bak, I will give another week and if the SERPS don't improve then consider some action.

Good luck guys!

Nakkers, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  15. k9stud

k9stud Active Member

Best Answers:
    all back to normal for me, as everyone has said lets keep fingers crossed :)

k9stud, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  16. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    update on my last post, my site has been steady for the last 3/4 days now on 1,200ish pages,

THEREFORE - Ive lost about 1,500 pages in one forum on this update............

MOG, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  17. Nakkers

Nakkers Peon

Best Answers:
    Does that mean that your rankings are back too?

Nakkers, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  18. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what the fudge lol, they dont even have a 100 million inlinks even if you include each post, each profile, each thread, each board, category, and all other links - i think one page was replicated like 9.5 billion times lol :p

still not normal for me but good to know urs is, my SERPs still havent changed :(

njoker555, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  19. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    Me too experienced this massive deindexing of site...I hope there's no bad effect for this. I'm hoping of a nice results after it reindexed LOL...hoping to be on first page this time.

corlock, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  20. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    My website is back in the index but also gone from the first page results at 30-50 places lower. For some keywords it was 1-2 place!!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed and hope to get the good old ranking that I had for a long time :)

adigital, Dec 14, 2007 IP