1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

massive deindexing

Discussion in 'Google' started by njoker555, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    I seem to be going up serps a little
    The penalty seems less than 50 now
    For some competitive terms I was say
    #3 before
    Then I was #53
    Now I am #43
    Is there perphaps a glimmer of hope here somewhere?

Valley, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  2. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yea still hope lol - my serps are going back to normal - mostly top 5 for some game keywords

but one of my best and oldest blogs went from 500 pages indexed (yesterday) to 130 something today -

njoker555, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  3. DIY

DIY Peon

Best Answers:
    My site has been di-indexed as well, not sure why.

At least it is not just me that has been de-indexed!

DIY, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  4. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe we should read the official Google Webmaster Blog. It may provide some insight into the problems... http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/amDG

Posted yesterday:

One of my sites was hit as well, but it was later then most. And contrary to what is happening for some, my ranks in the serps are getting worse. I suspect that Google is doing a major db rebuild, and this will take some time to work out. Possibly many smaller db updates until everything is completed. I really don't know. But I'm just as upset as the next person. One of my sites went down to hardly any traffic, despite having top rankings in Yahoo. That goes to show you how dependent we all are on Google and their monopoly on search.

Looking at the blog post, we will be competing with what once was the supplemental index. Not that this should be a bad thing, because our SEO efforts should place us well above the pages that were once in the SI.

Anyway, good luck to all. I hope all of our pages return stronger then they were when the left!

snowbird, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    bogart likes this.
  5. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Nothing new but thanks for the link, never read that one before. I also rank in the top #20 for "SEO" and yes it brings a "stack" of bot hits.

sweetfunny, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  6. Sean-Pollock

Sean-Pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    mine dropped yesterday.. hoping theyll come back soon (for learn-poetry.com)

Sean-Pollock, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  7. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    SERPS back worse than ever - 70 now
    Spoke too soon
    But logging in from a different location so may be dancing

Valley, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  8. Charlee22

Charlee22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Guys... I thought my site can not be penalized because of one way incoming links.....since anybody can do that for my site by getting me crappy bad links. But I guess I am wrong and Google is flawed...

check out the new thread I started...since I got de-indexed and reindexed with -50 penalty.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=611794

I am kinda disappointed by Google to tell you the truth :(

Charlee22, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  9. articlia

articlia Peon

Best Answers:
    My site, too got deindexed 4 days back but was soon reindexed with a 100 penalty, This was enough to make my day the worst .... no thought came to my mind , for what Google was this cruel to me; but there must be some Good, if not for me then might be for someone else around, but it sucks when you create a page n optimize it with all you could do, and it gets deindexed so all of a sudden, you just can feel helpless and can infer this n that ...... Stilll hope for the best.

articlia, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  10. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    SO where are we now.
    We seem to have guessed the problem and know where we are, but need to move forward. If anyone from G is reading this then what do you want from us? Can't say I have any bad links apart from the scraper sites that pick up their own results anyway!

So G give us a sign!

Valley, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It may be the case that PR is being recaulated and we will see a pr export of the tool bar in a few weeks.

The frequency of the crawl and the number of pages of im/out of the supplemental index is determined by the PR of the pages and site.

bogart, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  12. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a toobar export quite recently, remember when some sites when up, some down, but quite unexpected generally. About 8 weeks ago if I remember.

Valley, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  13. mokambo

mokambo Peon

Best Answers:
    my site dropped 10k pages few weeks ago, but today i notice that i have gained 8k back :confused:

mokambo, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  14. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Enough of of the whinging from me included. We all know what to do, even though it is XMAS EVE!

1. Run a script to find who is linking to you. If they are dogy get them removed ( I have two that seem paid and I AM NOT PAYING FOR! And I think they are old or abandoned sites with no webmaster!)
    2. Submit to some new places with greater RELEVANCE
    3. Keep updating content, sitemaps and ensure no duplicate metatags.
    I think metatags are the key here. The link profile is being measured for relevance and context hence we need to ensure our are 100 % and also the linking in party.

Happy Holidays

Valley, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  15. Sean-Pollock

Sean-Pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    Got all my serps back =)

Sean-Pollock, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  16. ukfashionhouse

ukfashionhouse Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen a gradual deindexing over the last week of xxx pages per day rather than a sharp drop. This is happening across a number of my sites.

ukfashionhouse, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  17. dreaminjected

dreaminjected Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any updates guys, have all of you came back from the deindexing? It's day 4 for me...

dreaminjected, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You probably never lost them. They may have been doing some testing on some data centers on an index rebuild.

bogart, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  19. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    My affected site seems to have some of the serps altering once again

Some rankings are about - 30
    Some rankings are in the top twenty, but this is for a mapped domain that I held in backup incase of something ever like this.

This is yet another theory

Cirtain websites that ALL have had a PR drop in that last funny update, have had a Google marker placed on them in some way. They are all selling links from the index page. Just by a link from one of these sites is not enough to "infect" a linked site. But there is a threshhold based on the amount of "infected juice" before the penalty kicks in, a bit like a chemical reaction.
    Thus half a dozen say PR5 links like this is enough, or one PR 8 (totally made up figures just for demonstration)
    As these sites are dropping my links, my serps is rising.
    I think this is a prototype of how google are about to alter the algo, and SOON!
    Just me rambling and looking for what fits.

Valley, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  20. superbitz

superbitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Valley - good post.

In my two affected site cases I still feel confidently that the problems were caused by suspect backlinks which were in turn flagged by a manual review at Google. All sites that may have been linking from this site/page with obviously paid links were given a "slap on the wrist" with Google which in our cases, was the -50 penalty.

I filed both reinclusion requests last weekend where I listed the offending sites/links and noted that we had removed all of them and now we just have to wait and see how it goes.

I will keep you guys updated as to if/when the penalties are lifted on my two affected sites.

superbitz, Dec 26, 2007 IP