1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass stabbing prompts Obama to push tougher knife legislation

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by r3dt@rget, Apr 9, 2013.

Just kidding (although I wouldn't be surprised). I shouldn't joke about terrible situations, but the event really happened: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...as-campus-suspect-believed-to-be-student?lite

I post this to prove that people can inflict large amounts of havoc with common items, even knifes. The liberal idea that banning large capacity magazines and semi-automatic weapons will stop mass assault falls flat on it's face. I'm not sure if this campus allows concealed carry (or if any currently do) but I can use this situation to promote allowing students to carry weapons for their protection. One good citizen with a gun could have stopped 12 or 13 people from being stabbed today. I guess now that I have your attention I should tell the liberals that murder by fist, feet, and other body parts outnumber murders committed with rifles every year. As do blunt objects and knives. So why is Obama trying to ban assault rifles again?

r3dt@rget, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  2. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I fully believe there is no way to stop a madman who is hellbent on terror, apart from pre-emptive jailing of everybody of course. I guess the fact nobody is organising a funeral is a great thing and a major difference in the end result. I'm not convinced this is a good argument against gun-control.

I would be interested in knowing why people would need a mag with more than 7 bullets and whether shooters can have 100 mags with 7 bullets loaded in each?

Bushranger, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Bushranger, today's events in Boston have, sadly, proven you correct.

I live in the Boston suburbs and the streets are deserted. I can't hear any cars, either. Like 9/11, everyone in this area jumped in their cars and sped home to be with family. Everybody's pretty freaked.

Please, send your prayers.

Corwin, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  4. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dewalt nail gun? I saw a badass one on the internet the other day. It was hyped up to say it could shoot a distance of 2 hundred yards... Not sure about those claims, but my dad shot himself plumb through his hand with one about twenty years ago. I would hate to be dodging nails, knives, bullets .. or anything aimed at harming me... When I read your thread title, I believed it at first!...

Not sure what this means, but this post wont go thru unless I remove your link!

Karen May Jones, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if they really made the world idiot proof for americans, the world would have to be wrapped in bubble wrap with everyone wearing straight jackets.

It would be better if there was some way of testing for mental illness prior to things going wrong, and possibly trying to treat people for their mental illness, before they ruin their lives and the lives of people around them.

matt_62, Apr 15, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Karen May Jones like this.
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In theory - yes. But with the way government works, at what point does a test for mental illness become a test for political correctness? We all know that would eventually happen.

Corwin, Apr 16, 2013 IP