1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass phising email to Indian paypal users about new RBI rule....

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by true_promote, Apr 9, 2010.

1. abiji

abiji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the big deal is everyone doesn't want to take out funds every 15 days. I keep funds in my PayPal account for more than 40 days so that if there is any charge back i am ready for it and my PayPal balance doesn't go negative. Recently during the month of Feb i had 3 - 4 charge backs from 1st time clients when they tried to pay for the second project. As i was unable to receive any payment they might have thought we ran away with their money. Well i don't blame them, but these charge backs got my Premiere account locked. Its still locked and i am trying to get it back from PayPal.

Now according to the latest email one has to withdraw funds within 30 days. Ok that is fine but we cannot pay other from the PayPal balance now thats something which is not acceptable, specially for me as i send or receive a lot of money. Now lets say we use a CC to send the money even then we are in a loss due to the exchange rate etc.

Due to all this latest PayPal fiasco i have lost quiet a lot of money and clients. My business is on the verge of a breakdown.

abiji, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  2. jackqs

jackqs Peon

Best Answers:
    your post made me laugh, you are saying that people who are saying that they got email are associated with paypal competitors ?? LMAO

jackqs, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  3. raja

raja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok whats the final out come?? is it an authentic message from paypal or its a fake one? i mailed paypal regarding it from contact us page in paypal .i didn't get any reply from them.Any updates plzz??

raja, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  4. PayPal_Anuj

PayPal_Anuj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. It's Anuj from the PayPal comms team here. I'm sorry about the confusion around this issue. I can confirm that this is a real email from PayPal that should have been sent to all our customers in India. If you did not receive it, please check your span filters. We are making these changes to comply with regulations from the RBI in India. The vast majority of our customers in India transfer funds to their bank accounts pretty quickly already so we hope this isn't an issue for many people. We will be letting our customers know more details in the coming weeks.

PayPal_Anuj, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    okay even though I am pretty much sure, that it's just another fake person trying to churn up some frenzy here, I'd like to advise 'PayPal_Anuj' to please go over and post the message onto the blog first and then go from forum to forum trying to clarify things :D LOLz ...

WebBuddy, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  6. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks anuj for clarification. I am surprised a PP person is participating in DP and nice to know you guys are around.

olddocks, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you really believe this guy is Anuj from PayPal?

WebBuddy, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  8. rahuldas14

rahuldas14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the mail is authentic. I had written to the paypal and they conformed this.
    I posted the details here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1766820&page=4

Now I cant rule out a law saying it foolish. These laws are imposed because people evade taxes and also the illegal funding of the terrorists. Sure I cant comment on that. But what now needs to be done is this:
    Paypal should corrects the exchange rates. I understand they earn from that but it should be reduced to 50paisa. So that withdrawl and payment takes only 1 rs.
    Also paypal should start accepting our debit cards as credit cards in India is a difficult thing.

rahuldas14, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  9. superhacker

superhacker Peon

Best Answers:
    they are just noob spammers. they doesnt really know how to fake urls.

superhacker, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  10. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are from Paypal why don'tr you posted this update either on your blog or in Paypal Policy update...

Unless we get official policy update how do you expect us to follow this ??

jalanbk, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  11. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't received any mail from paypal up to now .

musichangout.com, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  12. fab145

fab145 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also didn't receive such email from PayPal.

fab145, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  13. cpatoday

cpatoday Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys guy guys!

This email is real!!!
    My partner contacted paypal and this was their reply:

[​IMG]

PS: The original email was in fact in his spambox!

This is some real bad news for all Indian users! Me and my partner are also going to suffer from this.

cpatoday, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  14. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello guys,
    Can u really confirm that this news is really true or fake
    Two things prove this news fake:
    1)Paypal sends this news by mail and doesnt update on their blog.
    If paypal announces any new policies then they update on their blog or update their policies update page in paypal account.
    2)And one guy Paypal_Anuj just joined few days ago and trying to fool all of us.Why he doesnt update on paypal blog?
    Does anybody have my answers?

clbyodo, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  15. sweatlana

sweatlana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks you so much for spreading awareness of this kind of rumors.

sweatlana, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  16. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't received the mail but I'm sure its genuine.

Helvetii, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  17. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would not care whether the email is genuine or not... as I am yet to receive any such e-mail myself and would not worry over it... unless I see an update on the same, on their blog or on policy page! :)
    Why should we lose sleep over it... as before implementation of such important directive, they would surely update their policy page!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  18. cpatoday

cpatoday Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously you won't be worried since you have not received the email. But what will you do when they actually do start this rule? Will receiving the email or not make any difference then?

I am registered on this site for a long time, but I never posted. This time I couldn't hold myself and had to show the screenshot. This email is 100% genuine from paypal!
    I am one of those who's going to suffer a lot from this. I am just sick of people saying its fake?

Paypal themselves are saying it's from them. I don't think closing your eyes will make any difference. Instead we should get after paypal and the Indian government and try to do something about it!
    Withdrawing money in 30 days is fine, but the limit on using the money for anything else is just pure dictatorship from the India Gov. and really pathetic!

Cheers

cpatoday, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  19. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think this sis genuine mail.

clbyodo, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  20. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually my friend got the email in the exact name he registered in paypal, while his email account name is a bit different, so have the mischief got into the paypal system then ??

masterrio, Apr 21, 2010 IP