1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass Directory Submission

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wryfhk22, Apr 20, 2011.

I have heard both sides. That it can hurt you and that it can help. I figure, the more directories my sites are on, the more likely someone will accidentally find them, regardless of Google ranking. I'm no SEO pro though. Maybe it isn't a good idea if you have an established site, but if you're getting no results, why not just submit to as many directories as you can. Worst case scenario, you are back where you started.

wryfhk22, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    First i don,t understand your concern. If you are talking about directory submission, more you submit your website on directories more will be the chances for approval and ultimately more back-links you will get. You might know how important are back-links

showkatahmad, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  3. parveen1989.seo

parveen1989.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    parveen1989.seo, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. Jonah_fish

Jonah_fish Guest

Best Answers:
    the adverts for mass submission to directories you see are virtually useless in terms of SEO. Google will ignore most of the links. If it didn't then it would be really easy to build up backlinks thus artificially affecting the google results and making them worthless.

Jonah_fish, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  5. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to try other methods away from directory submissions. For example, one good way to get quality backlinks to your website is by doing a little research in blog directories, and finding blogs that are relevant to your website. Take a quick look at its statistics -- page rank, and whether Google has a recent cached version of the blog (<3 months old). If these are both respectable, then you can contact the owner of that blog and ask whether or not s/he accepts guest posts. By writing a guest post for their blog, you will obtain a backlink to your website. The trouble with guest posts are that the articles actually need to be good articles, otherwise they won't be accepted, but they are a fantastic way to acquire backlinks for your website.

Wildhoney, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  6. Caragui

Caragui Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submission wouldn't hurt your site but backlinks should be coming from other sources as well. Further more directory sites are very slow in approving submission unless you go for their paid service.

Caragui, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  7. bulochc83

bulochc83 Peon

Best Answers:
    directory back-link no more use for site but it provide long term benefit for site ranking also traffic.

bulochc83, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I allways submit my sites/client sites to 4k or so directories of course not in 2 days but like in 30-40 ...

They definitly help no mather what many "experts" say ....

w3bmaster, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  9. PerdanaCantiQue.com

PerdanaCantiQue.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please let me know why a mass directory submission is a spamming? People only get one backlink from each directory and an approval may need about two months. Does it hurt search engine?

As I know, a successful rate use automatically submission lower than manual submission.

PerdanaCantiQue.com, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  10. brainmasterinfo

brainmasterinfo Member

Best Answers:
    i think you haven't understood the negative aspects of mass directory submissions. if your website link gets landed in link farms or bad neighborhoods, it will adversely affect your position in search engine results. if you want more users to find your website, then create discussions in social networking forums and discussion forums. the more visible you are in social networking forums, the more traffic your site will attract.

brainmasterinfo, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  11. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    the very first i didnt get your concern and what you actually wanna convey.BUt what i understood is you have been talking about the mass submissions then yea you may submit your website to as many as directorise you can .In that case more chances of approval - live website on directories and more chances that google may add it as backlinks.

jacuzzi, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  12. mjwoodi

mjwoodi Peon

Best Answers:
    It certainly won't hurt but make sure you diversify your backlinking profile with other types of links from a range of sources as this will help your site appear natural in Google's eyes.

mjwoodi, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  13. danielphilylist

danielphilylist Peon

Best Answers:
    their is more chances of approval - live website on directories and more chances that google may add it as backlinks.

danielphilylist, Apr 22, 2011 IP