1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Your Site through actual work

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TheYoungGuy, Jul 7, 2008.

Marketing your site/blog to gain traffic is something that is tough for thousands of people and Im one of them. Through my experience though I have learned that when it comes to marketing your blog it really comes down to you actually get out there and interacting within your blog niche community. Finding a forum like this to post and ask questions is a great start but if you can find other bloggers in your niche to interact with, you will gain much more from that experience.
    Not to be too spammy, definitely not the intention, but my site theyoungguy.com is setup for the new blogger and has a lot of good info for someone new to blogging. But Im learning myself still and am humble enough to except criticism and help along the way. You must do the same for yourself.

-TheYoungGuy

TheYoungGuy, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  2. wordsofmousewriting

wordsofmousewriting Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point about having to actually get out there and interact. It seems like many people have a "if you build it, they will come" mentality about blogs. They throw up a few posts and expect people to flock to their sites when, in reality, it takes a lot more work to maintain and promote a blog.

wordsofmousewriting, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  3. dustin56

dustin56 Peon

Best Answers:
    The same applies to other types of site including online business sites. Too many people think that just by throwing a website together they will achieve success. In reality, it takes a great deal of work to draw people into your website and even more to keep them there long enough for anyone to benefit.

dustin56, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  4. TheYoungGuy

TheYoungGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Its incredibly hard. Especially doing so for multiple blogs. I mean, from my experience unless you are already well known in some form or fashion before creating your blog, the more blogs, the more work. But you must also think, the more blogs, the more overall traffic equaling - - theoretically more $$$.

So I say again, if you want the traffic and eventually the money, pay attention the basics, write good quality content and become active in your niche.

-TheYoungGuy

TheYoungGuy, Jul 8, 2008 IP