1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing with Browser Extensions?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wonderer_nat, Jul 15, 2021.

There are around 320 Million browser extensions with 253 Million plugins across major platforms like Chrome, Firefox, InternetExplorer, and Opera.

I would imagine they can bring in a great number of new customers for your products.

Has anyone advertised in this space?

wonderer_nat, Jul 15, 2021 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if that is allowed or how many extension providers would be interested in this. Mainly because most extensions are website specific, meaning designed to promote a specific website feature.

JEET, Jul 15, 2021 IP
  3. wonderer_nat

wonderer_nat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I looked into a few and they all have open ad space for the advertiser.

Here is a https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/5/d/1tmEfiD9LSSDWZ_SHy0xT4dGZvgXwx8ZJqEnLjwBAoAY/edit#gid=562386521

wonderer_nat, Jul 16, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is highly unlikely that this will bring positive results and that's exactly because the number of extensions is huge. What are the chances for somebody to look for particular extension and get interested about an ad? Chances are so slim.

Kaloyan SEO, Jul 18, 2021 IP
  5. wonderer_nat

wonderer_nat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I meant to advertiser inside an extension say like Weava highlighter which already has 500000 users. And because the users need to use the plugin constantly on their browser, advertise inside the plugin translates to high exposure.

wonderer_nat, Jul 19, 2021 IP
  6. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if there is even a possibility for something like that, as I never really see ad space while I downloaded extensions. And, as someone mentioned above, I also don't see how this would be beneficial, marketing-wise, as people are downloading extensions quickly and don't pay much attention to ads, and also, it would be quite hard to reach the relevant audience here.

VortexAlpha, Feb 14, 2022 IP
  7. solobeton

solobeton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10 Browser Extensions you can use for marketing

• BuzzSumo
    If you want to know what content is performing well online and how it’s performing, BuzzSumo is the extension for you. With BuzzSumo, you can see the most popular content across social media platforms and track competitor content.

• Google PageSpeed Insights
    Google PageSpeed Insights is a great tool for measuring how well your website is performing and for identifying ways to improve its speed. The PageSpeed Insights extension gives you feedback on the page loading time of the website you are viewing, as well as detailed suggestions on how to speed it up.

• Hootsuite Hootlet
    The Hootsuite Hootlet is an extension that allows you to quickly share content from any website to your Hootsuite account. The Hootlet also makes it easy to schedule posts, set up social media streams, and track your brand’s Twitter analytics.

• Google Analytics
    Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google. The Google Analytics extension for Chrome allows you to see your website traffic data right in your Chrome browser.

• SocialBee
    SocialBee is a social media management tool that helps you schedule and optimize your social media posts. The SocialBee extension allows you to easily share content from any website to your social media accounts.

• OneTab
    OneTab is a Chrome extension that helps you declutter your Chrome browser by consolidating all of your open tabs into one tab. This extension is great for saving memory and CPU usage.

• Boomerang
    Boomerang is an extension that allows you to schedule email messages and reminders, and track the responses to your email messages. The Boomerang extension also gives you the ability to pause and resume email sendings.

• Eyeo
    Eyeo is a Chrome extension that allows you to control your online privacy. The Eyeo extension gives you the ability to block ads, trackers, and social media buttons.

• PageZipper
    PageZipper is a Chrome extension that allows you to merge multiple web pages into one. This extension is great for saving time when you are browsing the web.

solobeton, Feb 25, 2022 IP