1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by markeeze, Jul 27, 2013.

Tip 1:Learn how to use content to market your business

Content marketing works. You may or may not be familiar with the phrase “Content Marketing”, yet you visit content marketing sites every time you access the Internet. When you visit news sites, entertainment sites, blogs, which offer business advice, you are visiting a site that uses content to market itself. Content Marketing can successfully be used to market any type of business and it is unbeatable when it comes to attracting new clients, sales leads, inquiries and subscribers. With content marketing the basic outline is you create and market a website that provides free information, while offering the opportunity to purchase goods or services which are related to the information you provide.

Tip 2: Email marketing

Email marketing is extremely cost effective and one of the most powerful marketing tools available to small businesses. This is because it provides predictable results and costs little or nothing to use. I strongly recommend that you build your own email database, rather than buy one from one of those list broking companies. The best way to start building your subscriber list, is to ask all your existing clients and contacts if you can have their email address.Get their permission otherwise they will regard your emails as spam. Then, ask if you can contact them from time to time via email with a newsletter or special offers or announcements. This will get you your initial list and give you something to get started with. You also need to have an email sign-up box on your website. This needs to be easy to read and positioned in an uncluttered area of your site, which everyone will see.

Tip 4: Build a well-connected network
    One of the biggest myths in business is that you must have a large network if you want to succeed. In fact, you need just 5 or 10 people to begin with. The reality is that the size of your network is not what’s important. It’s the influence of the people within your network that counts.

Tip 4: Start taking your website seriously

Most small businesses are unaware that they could receive stacks of high quality inquiries, leads, phone calls and sales from interested prospective clients; if only they had a professionally designed website that has been search engine optimized by a proven SEO expert. Almost everyone now uses the Internet to ‘check out’ a potential service provider; before deciding whether to do business with them or not. That includes the people YOU market your services to. So, what is your website ‘telling’ them about your business?

Tip 5: Match your fees to your promises

You cannot promise the marketplace a high quality service and yet charge a bargain-basement fee! If you do, you will send people a mixed-message and it will lose you business every time. Everyone knows that quality never comes cheap; that if something looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true! Make your services as valuable to the marketplace as possible and then charge accordingly.

Tip 6: Use "attraction marketing" and not pursuit marketing

I am sure you will have noticed what happens whenever a beautiful woman or a handsome man walks into a crowded room or a bar, people look at them. In fact, some people will actually walk over to them and offer them a drink or strike up a conversation with them. The reason we call these kind of physically striking people ‘attractive’ is that they literally attract the attention and also the interest of other people. So, you might be wondering at this point, what this has to do with you and your marketing? The most successfully marketed businesses gain the attention and interest of potential clients by making themselves attractive.
    Hope this helps!!

markeeze, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  2. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, I'm trying to build on tip#2 - playing around with lists and it's actually pretty hard. Just have to find a better venue to advertise and attract new subscribers.

Slincon, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

Do you have a website that you're driving traffic to? If so, you should be using your signature line to lead people to your site.

How many articles have you published? How many guest posts have you done? How many videos have you uploaded? How many advertising sites do you have an ad posted on?

How many people visited your site last month? Is the number larger this month?

Yes, it's "hard" in comparison to what people think Internet Marketing is supposed to be - but it's quite easy indeed in comparison to the 8-5 grind.

List building can be, and should be - totally goal oriented... what I mean is that you should be tracking every single click - and know where it came from - and once you know your traffic figures, it's easy to get from point 'A' to point 'B'.

I know my landing page conversion rate... so if I want a list of any particular size over a period of any amount of days/weeks/months - I know EXACTLY what traffic figures I need to see daily in order to hit those goals...

Then you simply knuckle down and do the boring work of driving traffic - writing more content, producing more videos...

Or, of course, you can throw money at the problem and simply buy the traffic you need.

Khadaji, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  4. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've got the whole A/B split test going to track conversions - but yeah I guess I should be putting more effort into converting the traffic.

Slincon, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  5. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

Thinking to boil down my thoughts concisely, it's that email marketing can be totally controlled by numbers... you can track your incoming visitors, you can track which traffic sources they came from, you can track how many of them subscribe, you can track how many of them open emails, you can track...

And, once you've got good numbers working... then you can see where you can make improvements... low open rate? Try a different email series... low traffic number? See where you're succeeding, and where you're not doing so well, and it should be clear where your efforts can best be applied.

I would be dumb to suggest that list building is all simply applied math... there's certainly art in how you write your emails and in how you word your landing pages... but any list builder who doesn't know his precise conversion rate, his precise traffic numbers... is, IMHO, making a mistake.

Khadaji, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  6. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love Email Marketing a lot. I have used it lately and the results were always over whelming.

DatingExpert, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  7. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it essentially boils down to the fact that it just takes times and effort to get going. It's not hard work, but it does take time for things to get in place and going like some people want.

Mike Carroll, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  8. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also love email marketing and whenever i use it,it gives me good results.
    Thank you guys for the share
    Cheers!

mian.owais211, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  9. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus on content marketing the most, it is what gets people to your site in the first place.The content needs to be of great value and provide solutions.If the content is only an advertisement for your affiliate product, it will not work.

If you can provide great value and share useful information, other people will share your content on social sites and link to it from their own sites = More targeted traffic and more sales!

Tom Lindstrom, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  10. neostrategies

neostrategies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many Direct Marketing Tips :
    *Keeping Customers With Good Customer Service
    *Anticipate Everything
    *Why People Buy
    *Limited Time For Motivation
    *Following Up On Customers
    *The Cluster Principle
    *Yellow Pages Strategy
    *Boosting Your B-to-B Sales* etc...

neostrategies, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  11. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    I love email marketing too. With the right system, anyone can make it big through email marketing. Been using it myself and it's working great for me. :)

Isadore Gregory, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  12. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    You are right Tom. Content is the most important thing. If you're doing really good in marketing and promotion but your content sucks, it's all useful. Content is still the most important thing - that's why they say, Content is King. right? I even recommend giving out valuable content for free in the beginning to build reputation and trust. Then, it will be easier for your subscribers to buy your products knowing that all that you're giving out are great materials.

13. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Same here. I just love the simplicity and effectiveness of email marketing. I'm glad it is giving you good results just the way it is giving me great results... :)

14. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Now I am just more convinced of how effective it really is. It does brings wonderful results for my business too and I'm glad it's doing the same for you.