1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Myspace Sites.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Alex!, Oct 3, 2006.

Hey,

Im 14, Im New to the whole myspace thing, i own two sites, one is doing better than the other. I know there are alot of people out there who run myspace websites, and i know there are alot of people out there who come away with a fair bit of money. So i Ask, how did you get your site's successfull? I can't Grasp this and i have a site sitting on only 2k Uniques a day, i know if i want to make some decent cash i need to get this up, but im not sure how.

Alex!, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  2. AndyG

AndyG Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been reading folks using MySpace itself as a tool to promote. Build a profile that uses resources from your myspace site and get some links to it on that profile. Build up friends that would need said resources and send them bulletins with samples of what you offer. Make some custom backgrounds or contact tables even, folks like seeing new and original stuff, not just what came with the template package and grow the site with custom content.

For example: Add say fans of My Chemical Romance (the band) or folks in that age group that might listen to said music. Make some custom backgrounds and graphics they could use on their profiles and send out bulletins and comments marketing your custom work that can't be found anywhere else.

For advertising our MySpace resource site, we aimed at the general "MySpace demographic" as well, meaning using trains and Friendster type tools to add friends actually worked for this type of campaign as just about everyone on MySpace is looking for MySpace glitter graphics and stuff. For more niche type content, I wouldn't advise these types of tools to gain friends, but for this purpose, it's panned out quite well just getting up to 1k, then 5k, then 10k friends and sending out 2-4 bulletins over a days time with various resources available from our site.

Hope some of that helps!

AndyG, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  3. Alex!

Alex! Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Thanks,

i was reading a thing on link exchanging, Does it really matter the PR of the site you exchange with or is it just the amount of traffic?

Alex

Alex!, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  4. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    You should factor in both. If you can, trade with similar or greater PR ranks and equal traffic unless you don't care about traffic and PR is more valuable to you, it's more of a personal preference.

ArcticPro, Oct 3, 2006 IP