1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing my product

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ponynugget, Jul 14, 2007.

Hi all,

I've recently written an eBook on niche research and how to profit from a unique niche. It's 29 pages long and I am really proud of the book, considering it's my first.

The only issue I've been having is attracting sales. I've tried everything from signature links to PPC advertising via AdWords, but nothing seems to convert (apart from the odd sale every week or so). This has led me to believe that there's either something wrong with my sales pitch or I'm advertising in the wrong places.

This is the site in question. I decided not to use the typical eBook template and build my own site in Dreamweaver.

I believe that the book is worth a whole lot more than $7 (especially since the majority of $7 eBooks aren't longer than 10 pages), but I had lowered the price with the hope of attracting a few more sales.

Any advice on improving my sales page or tips on where to advertise would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ponynugget, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  2. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is going to sound a bit weird, but maybe you have your price too low?

Some times consumers can be put of when prices are lower than what they would expect. It is not uncommon for a consumer to assume it is an inferrior good if prices are too low.

jaredgravatt, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  3. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    why dont you upload one page of the ebook to download.com and include a link in that page to your website for them to purchase the full download

i did this once had over 10000 downloads and some very good sales from it

choice, Jul 15, 2007 IP
    Ponynugget likes this.
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    What search terms are you hoping to rank for with the site? It is very hard to get traffic to a one page site as they are always focussed on one search term. It is also very hard to get any natural links to commercial sites like this.

I would just create a blog, get some readers and then advertise the book on the blog.

mad4, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  5. writegurl

writegurl Member

Best Answers:
    I see a couple of problems.

First off there are countless e-books, blogs and articles, that focus on niche marketing. Technically that wouldn't be a problem, except your salesletter doesn't offer any details of how or why your information is different. It's very generic.

Why should I buy your report rather than read a blog? What makes it worth paying for? What am I going to see in your report that I haven't seen elsewhere? All of this has to weaved into your sales copy. Meet potential objections head on.

Secondly, what's 'bum marketing?' Okay I really do know what it is. But does everyone reading your salesletter page know what it is? Probably not.

Third, don't automatically assume that you'll get a rush of customers based on a low price. I sell e-books for a living and my worst seller is my least expensive title. I continue to experiment with lower priced products. But in my experience it's harder to sell something cheap than it is to add a little more value and slap a $50+ price tag on it.

Even if that's not the route you choose to take, I would go up at least to $12.95 and definitely work on fleshing out your salesletter page. If your salesletter isn't persuasive, price doesn't matter.

And good luck. Once you get a taste of e-book success, you'll wonder what took you so long to join the club.

writegurl, Jul 15, 2007 IP
    Ponynugget likes this.
  6. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the fantastic advice, and thank you writegurl for taking the time to write such an informative post!

choice, I hadn't really thought of that idea before. Thank you. :)

Ponynugget, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  7. ger1

ger1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also try Lulu, they will distribute ebooks for you.

Also if you log on to 7dollaroffers you can sell your book through them, all you need to do is buy a php script which costs $7.

Hope this helps
    Gerry

ger1, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  8. ger1

ger1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Writegurl made some good points about sales letters.
    I bought a sales letter template from Yanik Silver`s Surefiremarketing site that helped me increase my sales of ebooks I was selling.

The templates he sells are great, all you do is put words in the spaces and within minutes you can have a nice sales letter. He also includes lots of good advice on headlines and things like that.
    Gerry

ger1, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  9. ajane

ajane Peon

Best Answers:
    I like choice's idea - nice one!

I looked at your site and it's nice, but I'd change some things. Heres what I would recommend...

* More traditional sales letter style look - yeah, I know but they work!
    * Graphics - Add graphics, a nice header, an ebook graphic, mabye another graphic or two. On a budget? I know of a site that sells kick butt templates just for IM sites (pm me for info)
    * A different headline - "Niche Earnings Got You Down? Learn How to Put Some Pep in Your Bottom Line and Dollar Bills in Your Pocket" (ok, that sucks, but oh well you get the idea)
    * Loose the email box - That confused me. A simple Buy button would be better
    * Add bonuses - raise the price and add some bonus stuff (with product images)

Good work & I hope those ideas help you! :)

ajane, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  10. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again, thanks all for the fantastic ideas - I will definitely take them into consideration.

Ponynugget, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  11. Tony Dean

Tony Dean Guest

Best Answers:
    The Warriors Forum charges just $20 to make your offer to the membership -it's the kind of ebook they would buy - good luck.:cool:

Tony Dean, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  12. cyberjack

cyberjack Banned

Best Answers:
    I would sell the ebook for $~49.

If you have some budget to start-off open a website for every ebook you write. I did that and it reallly helped me getting sales.

I had like 5 ebooks and a domain for each of them.

cyberjack, Jul 16, 2007 IP