1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing an offline business online

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DomainMagnate, Aug 17, 2014.

How would you go about marketing an offline business online to try to get local clients?

DomainMagnate, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What type of business do you have? You should think about getting a website first. Through a website, you will be able to target local audience and international audience as well.

MilesWeb, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  3. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Local, education related. Got a site, social accounts etc.

DomainMagnate, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  4. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, my normal answer is that you need to find where the buyers hang out then get in front of the buyers at that location. So, where do your local buyers find local resources? For instance are there local interest groups on Facebook, and do you know what they are? If they are using Google, do you know what search terms they use for local results? Is your site optimized to be listed locally on Google? Just a few of the questions that come to mind.

With a local business you have a huge advantage over the rest of us and I recommend that you use it. Go to some of the potential buyers in your local area and talk to them. It doesn't need to be a sales pitch, do something along the line of "I am looking to create an educational "insert your product here" for the local market and I plan on showcasing it on the internet. Do you search the internet for products like "-----"? I have found that people love to talk and aside from their family and pets they like to talk about their business. With a few of these discussions you will have invaluable market research on how to get your product in front of your local buyers on the internet. And don't leave out the possibility that the best approach may be with direct sales calls and using your web site as a demonstration resource. Not all businesses will find the internet the best marketing medium.

George Peirson, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  5. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it is educational related perhaps you can offer some of your educational materials available online through a newsletter or other opt-in mail system. Have a blog on the website with relevant and valuable information. Additionally, you can have a free info packet to offer that will bring people to a squeeze page to get their info to opt-in for the above.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's why God gave us craigslist.

qwikad.com, Aug 19, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  7. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Haha love your reply.

I won't suggest you waste your time on all the social media sites, but choose 2-3 you know your students will hang out. Get your site and resources up first.

Happy to help. Just drop me a PM :)

Ethan Alvin, Aug 19, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  8. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

I so agree, It will be seen as SPAM UNLESS - You are Taco Bell, Maceys etc ;)

sundaybrew, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  9. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    You can also carry out an analysis to discover and compile a list of locally optimized keywords for that geographical location. Then build your site utilizing those keywords to enable you rank organically for the those keywords so that you can establish an online reputation and branding.

Search on google for those sites that are ranking for those locally optimized keywords and request for guest blogging opportunity so that part of their traffic is redirected to your site.

When you exploit these options, you will discover that you will start ranking organically and at the same time gaining targeted traffic to your site.

Hope this helps

talktotop, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  10. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Initially I will submit the business to local business citation sites, there are a lot out there that are free for the business to gain online visibility.

Vitarank, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  11. Js Ngangom

Js Ngangom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best is to start building list! if you want I can guide you, PM me!

Js Ngangom, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In order to get local clients try to target your customers according to their place and you must dominate the search engine rankings results first to get organic traffic. Try also social media sites for your fast paced medium to reach your targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  13. Nathan Nartker

Nathan Nartker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i would choose a few social online places to start with. Also have something available so if anyone looks your store up on google it will pop up. If your business appears on yelp or any other related places, have good comments appear there

Nathan Nartker, Sep 30, 2014 IP
    SKMoe likes this.
  14. SKMoe

SKMoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yelp and google can do wonders for offline businesses online. People go to the web for information and those are usually the first sources they check.

SKMoe, Oct 8, 2014 IP