1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing a new webmaster forum?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sitepaw, Oct 25, 2016.

Hi,

I'm thinking about start a new webmaster forum, even I known there are hundreds out there, it is for long term project and not for make money quick. I don't expect get any money of it for the first two years.

Does anyone have any experiences how to make a new forum kick off the ground in first 6 months?

What kinds of forum software should use? Free one like phpBB, so it goes well then convert to commercial one or paid one like Woltlab burning board or XenForo at the beginning.

Thanks.

sitepaw, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Been a long time since I actually tried to set up a message board, so I couldn't even begin to know which of them are good. I did use back in the day Invision, and Simple Machines, though the best IMO is still vBulletin. Again, that's my experience a long time ago (2001-2004) so my knowledge is probably very much outdated by now.

Milliardo, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As for what software to use that is up to you. I suggest you research and try a few of your top choices and go from there.
    As for getting members, are you friends with many webmasters already or are you active on other webmaster forums?
    If so that will help, ask your friends to join, ask other forums if you can advertise and whatever you do, don't give up halfway along the way. ;)

Brandon Sheley, Oct 20, 2017 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So it's been a year since you asked this question. How did you go OP? Did you start a new forum and get it off the ground?

dcristo, Oct 20, 2017 IP