1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Markethealth.com, another scam?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by wokaka, May 7, 2008.

1. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    So if someone placed an order through our site, we didn't get any money?

Djedda, May 18, 2008 IP
  2. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone visit another site who sells a product from Market Health, the cookie is placed, then he or she visit our site and placed an order, that means the former site will get the commission?

Don't pay attention to my English, I'm dutch..

Djedda, May 18, 2008 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine that MarketHealth has invested the time and energy to rip people off.

I run one of their offers on SkinCareTLC.com and I love the fact I download a zip file which contains my Affiliate Code and simply extract and upload to my server.

I get a full beautiful website with 5 minutes or less work...No need to try to learn to be a designer no fumbling with landing page no hassles...

Then a bit of keyword research run a small PPC campaign and targeted traffic is hitting the site...

They had to spend some good money on the sites campaign reporting abilities and finding advertisers to use their company....

Would seem stupid to steal a few affiliate dollars.... when they stand to make much much more in doing the things they are.... and looking at long term potential....

The investment they made would seem to be much more than they could possibly rip affiliates for and so if they were it would be very counter productive.

Lastly Gary has posted his address telephone numbers and contact information....not a smart move if you were to take somebodies money who lived in the US.

Just my $0.0002 - adjusted for inflation....

Sem-Advance, May 18, 2008 IP
  4. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, than explain me the thing with the cookies please?

Djedda, May 18, 2008 IP
  5. thuiswerk

thuiswerk Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct. And the other way around also.

If someone visits your site first and the goes to another site, you will get the commission.

Mike

thuiswerk, May 18, 2008 IP
  6. scorpion68a

scorpion68a Peon

Best Answers:
    In Djedda's case, it was clearly the cookie from a previous visit via another affiliate link. This is how cookies work.

But the other case, the one with the MarketHealth ID still looks shady to me: why, on an affiliate website with 10 links leading to MarketHealth, only for one product the affiliate ID was the one claimed by all other people who complained, while all other links were OK? If there was a matter of cookies, in my opinion this should have affected all the links of that affiliate website, and not only one.

Besides, as far as I understand cookies, they come into action after the person clicks the link. Why would then a cookie change the content of my website? The suspect ID was displayed on the website prior to any click, and if it was the cookies' fault, all the links should have displayed that wrong ID (which was not the case).

I respect and I trust 5 Stars Affiliate Programs, so the fact that they are endorsing MarketHealth means a lot to me. Also the fact that Gary gave his contact data means that he is willing to communicate with the affiliates. However, this is not enough for me to risk investing money in a PPC campaign.

Moreover, I've written JoeBucks about that ID issue last year, and I didn't get an answer to this day. I understand that they may be sick of people asking them the same thing over and over again, but from my point of view, I was a new affiliate who asked his first question and never saw the answer.

So, I've chosen to stay away. After all, I've never encountered this cookie issue in any other affiliate program I'm working with, so I don't believe that explanation.

scorpion68a, May 18, 2008 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been with markethealth for sometime and have never had a problem with them.

john269, May 26, 2008 IP
  8. findklik

findklik Peon

Best Answers:
    MarketHealth pays me on time and have never had any problem with them.

findklik, May 26, 2008 IP
  9. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    **I'm not sure if that is correct - I've never heard of a 'first cookie served' rule, and I don't think MH does it either...

For those new to cookies - Last cookie served is the traditional serving method - meaning if the user visited 5 sites that all placed cookies, the LAST site visited would have the most recent cookie served, and they would get the commission...

First cookie served would not be fair - and is a security risk as there are bots, softwares, adwares etc. that serve xx,xxx cookies at a time to thousands of computers every day, they would scam the markets even more than they do if first cookie served rules were applied.

Don't trust google conversion stats, do a thorough walk through with their system to ensure there are no leaks/aff id switches that happen on any page or email - most bigger vendors do not partake in such foolishness, and all understand that their rep is at stake if they start skimming...

Cheers to 'last cookie served'.
    NC.

NCMedia, May 26, 2008 IP
  10. Joseph Williams

Joseph Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    From what ive seen their tracking is accurate. I receive payments from them without fail.

Joseph Williams, May 27, 2008 IP
  11. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have joined Markethealth months back! well have not promoted stuffs yet but still workin on sites! well gary is here :) good! since everyone is talking abt the tracking code, i guess i need to have a look at that! thats a vital thing in affiliate system :) anyways, i would want some more comments, reviews on MH :)

elitesystem, May 27, 2008 IP
  12. calibreeze

calibreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other opinions on this? I downloaded one of their free templates and put it up at www.BuyHealthyPills.com , and I do not even see an affiliate ID would like a little more information before I launch a adwords or such on it.

Thanks

calibreeze, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  13. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find the affiliate ID in the upper right corner under the tel. number. It's called "Ref ID: xxxxxx"

blichev, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  14. calibreeze

calibreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok found it now anyone know anything about legitness?

calibreeze, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  15. Thoth

Thoth Member

Best Answers:
    If you are bidding on markethealth product keywords and if the visitor had already been cookied, then you have no chance getting commission. You are paying for the potential customer, but the customer is already gone.

Or if a visitor first visit the official markethealth website then your website, you have no chance of getting commission.

I had been getting some small regular payments from markethealth, the sales dropped seriously lately although the website visitor count didn't change.

first visited website get the credits, I don't know how right is this method

Thoth, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  16. ndg

ndg Member

Best Answers:
    Ok guys I have to say something about this one,

I was reading this, and decided to test out the arguments about the cookie issue.

I have a site that is semi-dormant, that still has some Joebucks links on it.

Let me be clear, I have not been near any Markethealth site for at least 9 months and I clear my cookies on a daily basis.

I clicked one of the links today from my website and guess what? The affiliate code that is at the top of the screen isn't mine.

I had the same problem around a year ago, and contacted Gary many times, but eventually gave up, as Gary just kept coming back with the cookie excuse.

Now, I'm sorry, but what is the excuse this time? Oh I guess it must be the tracking code that you helped me to implement? I'm not really that bothered about the money to be honest as I gave up months ago, but something really annoys me about this.

ndg, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  17. Pingo Dot Com

Pingo Dot Com Peon

Best Answers:
    nice to see that MarketHealth and Linda jumped in to respond. I'd say they are legit. they work hard to help there partners.

Pingo Dot Com, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  18. diggo

diggo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ummm...my sales have dropped off DRAMATICALLY over the last few weeks and I still receive the same amount of clicks. Anyone else experiencing this?

diggo, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  19. Thoth

Thoth Member

Best Answers:
    Although they seem to jump, I don't see any serious answer regarding what people ask.

I found two other links discussing the markethealth. recommended if you are an affiliate.

http://www.niggybuzz.com/joe-bucks-affiliate-program/

http://www.businesspeanuts.com/bum-marketing/problems-arising-with-markethealthcom-what-should-i-do

Thoth, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  20. eljefe3

eljefe3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been in the health industry for affiliate marketing since 1998, so I have a bit of knowledge about the industry, products and conversions. The conversion rates that they show for each product are no where near the actual . I and a few others have sent them thousands of targetted visitors and found conversions to be in the 1/300 to 1/500 ratio. This was confirmed by a number of affiliate marketers that have been in the industry.

Maybe we all just had bad luck ,but that was the collective findings. On a positive note, they do pay.

eljefe3, Sep 1, 2008 IP