1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Market Saturation

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jasontn, Dec 2, 2016.

In the event too many people are selling the same product, how does one overcome the saturation? Well, one way is via a lot of paid advertising and the other way might involve creative strategies that use less cash.

jasontn, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The most important aspect that some IMers overlook is time. It takes time. For one, what you know now and what you will know a few years down the road will be two different things. Sometimes, the project that you thought was just a hobby will become your biggest earner and what you hoped would be your biggest earner will be a total failure. It appears to me that young IMers want stuff to happen NOW. The thing is no matter how hard one tries it usually takes 1-5 years for a project to "mature" (provided it's a worthwhile project).

qwikad.com, Dec 8, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The website "qwikad.com" is a great demonstration of how long it actually takes to be successful. Launched 15 years ago and any day now it's going to happen..

NetStar, Dec 10, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many products in the market for which one seller is getting many consumers but other one is getting a few .This all depend on the way of reaching customers and handling them .Marketing also helps in boosting business but your way of representing the things and your behavior with the customer is the most important thing .

wanessmark, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  5. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Your post pretty much says nothing, it's like saying Mcdonald sells french fries and KFC also does the same.

Here's the truth about market saturation;

It means one thing, "there is a lot of money to be made" - that's why people flock there, right?

Now if you are afraid of the competition, don't worry. Here's another angle you should consider using;

Let's say you wanted to make a restaurant but you see that there are tons of great restaurants already. What do you do?

You make a business that facilitates restaurants instead, that's right! Sell tools or anything that restaurants would need.

In this way, you will be in a less competitive market but still bank from restaurants.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 15, 2016 IP
  6. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

You overcome saturation with your USP= unique selling proposition, consistent marketing and sales campaign, and great customer service. If you don't feel you can overcome saturation then you will need to select another market or a sub-market to concentrate on.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  7. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally most markets are already saturated. Going to business then means joining an already crowded market. The best way to stand out is to differentiate one's self, and that would mean having marketing savvy in order to pull it off. Try to look at what you are selling, and see what might make it different from others. Try to see what uses it might have that others might have overlooked. It all comes down to knowing your product, and then letting people know about it.

Milliardo, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Most of my "day job" career has been involved with launching disruptive new technology into a wide range of markets. There are times when I wish that a particular product/service had some competition because there would be more of us getting the word out and competition actually serves to help validate a new technology for skeptical buyers. My point is that the grass is always greener on the other side... :)

jrbiz, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is where the 95%+ go wrong:

1: They put up bad/cheap/low budget sites...
    2: They do fast track link building, then get canned by google...
    3: They buy cheap $5 half ass articles that will never be in the top 1000, much less 100
    4: They are impatient; they got to have it now or it will never happen, and it wont...
    5: They want to make money, but have no skills, cant code, cant write, cant design, nothing...
    6: know your product? is that a joke? Do you think every affiliate knows every product they
    sell? Do you think the big boy sites write their own content? hell no, writers hire writers....
    I assure you that there is some affiliate earning $20k/month, and he doesnt write one article...
    He has a team of writers that write for him; his writers hire writers to write for them; outsource to outsource.
    7: product research? Whats that? I am going to sell what I want to sell, and get rich....
    then this dude is back here within 3-6mo wondering why he couldnt sell his products that nobody wanted.
    8: Keyword research? Lets not waste anymore time, I bet the good majority has no clue....

Whats the point? this post will be forgotten, and tomorrow, this newbie will show up on his shiny
    little pony thinking that he will setup any ole site, and ride into the sunset within 1-3 months....
    (is it possible? anything is possible, is it likely to happen, not really, odds are not in his favor....)

Then 3 months down the road, another buck will ride into town with that same arrogant attitude
    thinking like "my site has been setup for 3mo, how come I am not getting any traffic, or making money by now"

I guarantee you, if people would just think before they act, if they actually knew how much work it takes, and
    the money you will put into your site not knowing of any future success, then they would not do it to begin with....

a: cant do any of the above?
    You probably should not waste anymore of your time.

b: dont have the money to outsource to idiots?
    You most certainly should not wate anymore of your time...
    there are no free rides, everything costs money these days...

good luck...

dscurlock, Dec 21, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. amyoliva

amyoliva Peon

Best Answers:
    already you expressed two excellent ways in your post details.. lol

amyoliva, Dec 24, 2016 IP