1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mark my words, John McCain is going to destroy the Republican Party

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guerilla, Jan 31, 2008.

I'm no Romney fan, and I clearly support Ron Paul, but Romney is 100x more preferable to John McCain as the Republican nominee.

McCain is a liberal war monger, Clinton-esque in his social policies, and quite possibly, totally insane.

He's pro-Amnesty
    He's anti-freedom of speech
    He's weak on the right to life
    He's clueless about the economy

He doesn't appeal to anyone in the Republican or conservative movements except on the following two issues.

War
    Beating Hillary

But understand, fiscons, socons, and the evangelicals will not support this guy through a 4 year term, let alone through the primaries. His SC and NH victories were keyed by a larger chunk of the independent vote, than the Republican one. I haven't seen the Florida exit poll data yet.

Ann Coulter is a crazy bi**h, but I have come to appreciate how direct and honest (if misguided) she is.

She'd rather campaign for Hillary than McCain, and I hate to say it, but she's right. McCain will destroy the Republican party, a party that is already shrinking to almost 1/2 the size of the Democratic party.

Ann Coulter on Hannity and Colmes talking about McCain
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vwnYzjPtMc8

Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave.

PS, I'm not campaigning here. I just want to be on record 4 years from now when the Grand Old Party is in totally disarray should they select this RINO, who is endorsed by other RINOs and the establishment neocons.

guerilla, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    McCain, though far from my favorite person, has the best chance to beat Hillary in the general election.

McCain is half-Republican and half-Democrat. He can pull Democratic and Independent votes away from Hillary with ease.

In doing this, McCain will destroy the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party.

McCain has been in the Senate for so long, he has friends on both sides of the aisle. McCain will be the most effective president in my lifetime.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this is a good thing. McCain and I disagree on some very important issues.

McCain may ask Joe Lieberman to be his VP. This will cement his draw to moderate Democrats.

Republicans will be forced to choose between McCain and Hillary. McCain has very little to lose in giving Americans this choice -- after the primaries.

Will.Spencer, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  3. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A horrible reason to vote for a candidate. This "Clinton" fixation the Republicans have is undermining any principles the party once held.

Totally untrue. Howard Dean as DNC Chairman has created an absolute machine, that rivals the Reagan Revolution in it's grassroots and depth of support. You're obviously missing the numbers Hillary is turning out, not to mention Obama and Edwards. In any given primary, Edwards is pulling enough voters to beat McCain if he was in the Republican party.

And this will kill him with the conservatives. It might be the only hope we have to galvanize the conservative coalition to stop it.

McCain might not have much to lose, but Republicans have everything to lose.

McCain is the anti-Goldwater. This guy is toxic for conservatives. As much as I hate to say it, I would rather Romney get the nomination. Heck, Huckabee would be 5 times better.

McCain = Bob Dole.

guerilla, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  4. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i salute flawed logic. mccain isn't half democrat, half republican, he's the definition of "washington politics".

for one thing, when the general election comes, half the republicans won't vote cause of this guy. the other half will be the sheep they are and vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

democrats and independents will vote democrat in a heartbeat. this guy disgraces even neocons. when i was a neocon i couldn't stand him.

he's a sure way to get hillary or obama in office (hillary). the only way the D's can win is to reduce the voter turnout and the only way to do that is to put up a fake R. (I know how the system works, I've worked with the Paul grassroots ;))

good job 'we the sheeple', Murdoch has tricked you again!

ncz_nate, Jan 31, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Do you realize how unpopular the Iraq war is with Democrats? McCain wants to stay in Iraq for 100 more years. He might be able to get away with saying that kind of stuff in the Republican primaries but it will not fly in the general election.

Also you are assuming Clinton is getting the Dem. nomination... I think that with Edwards dropping out, Obama has a real shot at coming up big on Super Tuesday and pulling this out.

If it's Obama, I don't see it even being close. Obama will beat McCain by at least 10%.

And I think there's a good shot it'll end up being a much bigger landslide than that. I just don't think Republicans are going to get behind the McCain campaign. The voter turnout will be low. Democrats are extremely energized right now, especially by Obama. I mean their voter turnout in the primaries has been off the charts.

McCain will lose.

Zibblu, Jan 31, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Y'all need to remember that analysis is about what is, not about what you want.

You're letting your emotions take control of your reasoning. That never leads to good results.

Will.Spencer, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I forgot to respond to this point. There's just no way. Lieberman is very unpopular among Democrats. And as mentioned selecting Lieberman as his VP would turn off the Republican base even more.

I think you are discounting the importance of voter turn out. The Republican base is just not going to turn out to vote for that tandem.

Zibblu, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  8. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have read that mccain has and regularly uses a lot of lucky charms.
    If luck is on his side, what can be against him ?

You've got to appreciate a man who has nearly died a few times and has survived being a POW. He's a survivor.

Just taking a look on his other side :)

lightless, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  9. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hes also another typical politician that is a puppet of the special interest groups. being a pow certainly didnt change his opinion of bringing our troops home, but im sure glad he made it through that hell he was in. Thats not enough reason to make me wanna vote for him. I need a candidate that will be free from any special interest influence and for me thats ron paul.

pingpong123, Feb 1, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  11. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Some of the polls are saying that McCain is the only Republican that can beat Hillary or Obama. I also predict that if he gets nominated, he will ask Lieberman to be his VP.

I don't agree with many of McCain's viewpoints, but he is the only candidate that is runnning that is not viewed as a party extremist. Teaming a liberal Republican up with a conservative Independent Democrat will pull a lot of votes from people that are tired of seeing what our political system has become in the past 20 years. These are the only two guys viewed as moderates.

TechEvangelist, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.reagan.com/column.cfm?id=52

guerilla, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  13. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reagan said it best. Amen.

ncz_nate, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  14. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    That sounds an awful lot like the way numerous White House workers have descibed Hillary's attitude problems during the Bill Clinton years. Yikes!

TechEvangelist, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  15. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    The way things are going, I see a complete destruction of the Republican party, the neocon virus has infected both parties and we are all left with a fake two party choice and once again having to choose between the lesser of the two evils, these are the last days of America as we know it. For some people what is happening is crystal clear, for the sheepke when they wake up and realize it will be too late. Obama will be president.

guru-seo, Feb 1, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.
  16. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    John McCain would have little impact on the Republican party because he wouldn't get voted into office if he succeeds in the primaries.

PHPGator, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  17. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't seem cynical, NOT.

DiscussNow, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  18. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    but the fact remains that john mccain has emerged as the leading candidate!!

erolelcott, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bodyslam from one of my favorite authors @ antiwar.com, Justin Raimondo, writing for Pat Buchanan's "American Conservative".

http://www.amconmag.com/2008/2008_02_11/cover.html

The Madness of John McCain
    A militarist suffering from acute narcissism and armed with the Bush Doctrine is not fit to be commander in chief.
    by Justin Raimondo

Excerpts

All neocon, all the time since 1993.

guerilla, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  20. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get the same deja vu with Cheney mate back in 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

Ironic what some of these lunatics said back then compared to what they do now ain't it? ;)

"He also stipulates that "not very many" American soldiers' lives were worth losing to take out Saddam during the Gulf War."

Gulf war 2 and what are we at now? 4,000 + and counting.

AGS, Feb 1, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.