1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

manually submitting link in directories worth or not ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by indiasbull, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Great.. I think you are not aware of Google seo algorithms specially Google Penguin. Because penguin deals with Links, and when penguin update will come, your website will be out of rank from Google search engine. So directory submission is not worth today. Focus on making high quality links with sharing content.

Good Luck for you website.

Manmohan Singh, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  2. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that i told you before. don't you thing sharing content lead to content plagiarism ? then what different now?

suwandichen13, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  3. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but I did not understand what you want to say. Can you please share with again what you want to tell?

4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nah you the one talking about sharing content. Now you ask me about it.

suwandichen13, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is some confusion because I did not understand full your language. However, i want to be clear you my opinion here, yes, You can create the back links by sharing content on social media, make a blog rather than submitting 100 directory submission today. You can generate the traffic little bit from directories after approved but can not be on top ranking. Because there are lots of factor to submit the directories which include unique content for each submission, different title or can use long tail title etc. but we can not use the directories who has not good Domain authority and page authority and Penguin will definitely penalize your websites. Thats it.

6. Seousa4you

Seousa4you Banned

Best Answers:
    I would consider this: Quality over Quantity!
    You are doing good, but don't do that many...
    And if you want your site to rank well, consider buying Strong Backlinks.
    PM for more help.

Seousa4you, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  7. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You would consider that Quality over Quantity? What do you define as Quality?...and how many does he need to do before it reaches your definition of Quantity?

sweetpea69, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  8. Seousa4you

Seousa4you Banned

Best Answers:
    Dear sweatpea69,

The Quantity cannot be defined in numbers, it is not a set thing. I was barely referring to the 100 links daily, that is too many to our opinion.
    Quality Backlink = relevant content, from relevant, theme specific, high ranking website.
    Also it is important to pay attention to the following: only a few links from the same website; no sitewide links; no foreign language links;etc...

Seousa4you, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  9. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed .

Manmohan Singh, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  10. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    here's some sites that might give you an idea of what could be considered some of the 'better' or 'stronger' web directories....most are fairly recent posts, though the last one is a bit dated. be sure to remember too that every editor/writer of these has their preferences. Should help in deciding some of the directories to submit to. (doing 100 per day is far too many, and risky, and there aren't those many quality sites out there to last a week) - also let google do some of the work for you and search using this phrase: www web directory
    and google will tell you what it finds to be among the 'strongest' directories

avivadirectory.com/strongest-directories/
    dirjournal.com/blog/best-directories-post-panda-and-penguin/
    info.vilesilencer.com/top
    strongestlinks.com/directories.php
    jasminedirectory.com/comparison-between-the-strongest-35-web-directories.html
    jasminedirectory.com/best-web-directories.html
    seocompany.ca/directory/top-web-directories.html

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    michaeljm72, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  11. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    why these directories are strong ? because these are paid or what ?

indiasbull, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  12. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is starting too look like a plug for people to sell backlinks. Not a huge surprise....

sweetpea69, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  13. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    dear, no one is selling links here bro.
    we are just clearing our mind about directories,

thats it :)

indiasbull, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  14. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's one of the worst things to do. I'd avoid mass directory submissions.

1-2 listings in high quality directories while having a bunch of other (better, contextual) links wouldn't harm.

But putting a lot of energy into gathering directory links could be suicidal. Google bans link sellers and link buyers too.

Perhaps some of the few remaining directories with a relatively good reputation are: BOTW and the Yahoo Directory. The latter might also help in ranking well in Yahoo's results. I know it used to help back in the past.

Mr.Dog, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  15. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    nothing to do with whether paid or not.
    these different pages that I referenced have/use all sorts of different metrics for backlinks. some people these days are relying on Moz's open site explorer, or else you can go over to Majestic (used to be majestic seo, like moz used to be seo moz. ) and they have their own system for determining a website's 'citation flow' and 'trust flow' and they work all kind of factors into it. sorry not a great explanation, but these programs work all sorts of factors to give a metric.....read up on those pages and see how they go about it

michaeljm72, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  16. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus more on guest articles, forum links... 1-2 good directories shouldn't harm a lot, but Penguin might grab you if you do it in excess.

Mr.Dog, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  17. Get Searched

Get Searched Member

Best Answers:
    How could you ever think this kind of behavior is natural/normal for a business.

Time and time again I tell people don't do things just for ranking do things that add use and value.

In short Google's spam team always hit people with penalties when they deem activity to be un-natural and that is a clear method to try and manipulate search results. Even if you're not hit with a penalty today, tomorrow or next month you will be penalised for this sooner or later. How is creating 100 directory links a day manually or not natural behavior, why would any business want the genuinely do this other than to manipulate search results. It's just not the norm and is asking for trouble!

Get Searched, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  18. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    I donot recommend link directory submitsion today, its high risk as the penguin update recently
    Hoverver, you can still use it for ranking video, it works as well
    See this topic: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/sharing-my-exact-formula-to-rank-1-for-youtube-videos-on-google.2734832/

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  19. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create value, aim at serving your visitors instead of just improving metrics. Not just because Google will punish you, but because visitors tend to improve the metrics.

For example, intense social media activity tends to have a good effect on improving DA, PA. And it also helps improve Google rankings.

Mr.Dog, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  20. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not good to submit to directories of low quality. Do not do excessive directory submissions, your ranking might improve for a while but later on it will start dropping. Instead look for quality & relevant links from Q & A, Forums, Blogs, Content marketing etc.

faizzsheikh, Oct 15, 2014 IP