1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Manipulating keywords in php

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by dave23m, Apr 24, 2005.

My site does not show relevant google adsense ads :( I tried changing the keywords on the page and even adding some text and still nothing. My site is developed using php. I would also like to know what a chanel is.

dave23m, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I am pretty familiar with php but dunno what a chanel is.

do you mean a adsense channel?

the only trickery I do with php is I have a random set of content/keyword generators to use for fill in so for title pages and within the body tags so that I dont get a douplicate content deduction. Plus I have a nice variety of keywords.

Goto http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

type in your keyword (the big daddy you would love to have)

then with all the sugestions it gives you make an array with those and choose them randomly wherever to pull better keyword densified ads (i think i just made up that word)

S$

Shoemoney, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  3. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From Adsense Site About Channels:
    Channels are the perfect way to track the performance of your pages. Before and after optimizing your pages for AdSense, group them into channels to see how your leaderboards are performing versus your towers, or track one domain versus the other. You can even see how individual color choices affect your clickthrough rate.

Also Adsense Support FAQ:
    https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/topic.py?topic=135

onestop, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  4. dave23m

dave23m Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes adsense channel sorry i misspelled it :)

dave23m, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  5. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think adsense likes php

mrs.pinksox, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  6. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    make begiining of your title your main keyword, plus your meta tags..that always works for me when the adsense gets confused and doesnt know what its trying to advertise for

mrs.pinksox, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  7. dave23m

dave23m Peon

Best Answers:
    Please if you can guide me threw this. Go to my site www.rateage.com go into viewsource and tell me what i should change. I already changed the keywords arround maybe you can help me with it some more.

dave23m, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  8. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Adsense is funny sometimes. It may use content, however it seems to like out going links better to draw from and compete in alot of instances in my experience.

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  9. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    There isn't a lot of content on that page for the spider to really tell what is going on and what ads to disply. Even from a user standpoint, just looking at it, i'm not sure i know what the purpose of the site is.

i would try adding a paragraph or so of content about how the site works, etc. It could also be there aren't many ads related to that specific a niche.

wendydettmer, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  10. altoid

altoid Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no content on your page just banners. Sure you have keywords and Meta tags, but Google Adsense needs content, as much as possible, to serve your page with correct ads.

altoid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  11. mehere

mehere Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem! What a chore! let me know if you ever figure it out!

mehere, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  12. dave23m

dave23m Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i figured it out. At the top of my page where the google ads are i'm going to put text there instead. At the top of my page where the red banner is i'm going to remove that to put the google ads there. Google likes the content to be at the top of the page before it gets to all of that php scripting.

dave23m, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  13. mehere

mehere Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem! What a chore! let me know if you ever figure it out!

mehere, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  14. mehere

mehere Peon

Best Answers:
    I also noticed google likes content, period. The more, the better. Interestingly, it also likes hyperlinks to pages. That's the best ads.

mehere, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  15. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Scripts shouldn't affect how the AdSense robot judges your page. Scripts are not directly viewed, so they are ignored by the AdSense robot. PHP code in particular doesn't affect anything, because they are server side, so the robot certainly won't see them.

tlainevool, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  16. mehere

mehere Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you suggest to get relevancy, then? Just add as much text content as possible? check out my site for any suggestions you may have to make my ads relevant...currently they're not always so relevant...
    bestbuy-digitalcamera-electronics.netfirms.com/buyhere/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php?cPath=21[/url]

mehere, Apr 27, 2005 IP