1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Manchester United DP Supporters

Discussion in 'Sports' started by britishguy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are obviously angry without any justification, there are rules to be followed dont follow them expect the consequences

There is news going round that MU will be the next to be banned for illegally tapping up players

I will have no problem with that as rules should be followed

britishguy, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  2. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
    But i am sure, Money of Roman might lighten the ban length.

World Class, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  3. britishguy

Best Answers:
    In fact if he uses his money to bribe CFC out of the ban

The ban will be extended:eek:

If he appeals with his money who knows maybe the ban timeline will be reduced

4. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone knows the word "appeal", Word bribe can be covered with charges.

5. britishguy

Best Answers:
    FIFA after MU over Pogba transfer

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...35213_united_will_fight_any_action_over_pogba

MANCHESTER United seem certain to launch a vigorous defence of their position if the case of French midfield starlet Paul Pogba is referred to FIFA.

The Reds watched as world football's governing body slapped a bombshell ban on title rivals Chelsea from signing players for the next two transfer windows.

It follows the Stamford Bridge club being found guilty of improper conduct in their recruitment of Gael Kakuta, 18, from French club Lens in 2007.

Now Le Havre have confirmed they will ask FIFA to investigate the case of 16-year-old Pogba, who they claim had agreed to join them, only to walk out in favour of United.

FIFA have so far failed to register Pogba's arrival at Old Trafford, although United insist they have done nothing wrong.

"It is complete nonsense," a spokesman for United said. "Everything has been done within UEFA guidelines."

However, Le Havre managing director Alain Belsoeur claims to have documentation showing United offered inducements for Pogba to join them and has vowed to include it in submissions to FIFA.

"We are still pursuing our case," said Belsoeur. "It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

"We spend five million euros - about £4.3m - on our academy every year out of a turnover of 12 million euros. It is a huge investment.

"We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others.

"What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from FIFA to protect the education system."

Chelsea, who have been banned from making any transfers until January 2011, confirmed they are to fight the FIFA decision by launching "the strongest possible appeal".

Lets see how this works out!

6. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
  7. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes everyone tried their best to make English Football down and I think Fifa's ban on club is just injustice one! You can charge money but this is totally rubbished to ban in transfer market for such a long time! I am sure it will be reversed when Chelsea file appeal!

Rohit patel, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  8. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel bad, Those who know about Kakuta and have seen him playing will feel sad, His skills are really like a professional star, But this thing gonna demote his career and he might be looser of all time or might be the star. All The best Gael :(

9. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Yes he also suffered a ban to play matches.:( Let's see what Fifa take decision when Chelsea appeal! So far good news for Manu Fans is that Fifa didn't get any complain yet.:)

http://www.espnstar.com/football/pr...il/item318094/FIFA:-No-Man-United-complaint-/

10. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unlike others in this thread, I feel it is a step in the right direction.

Tapping of players has been taking place for too long, and something had to be done to stop it. Chelsea are the not first team to practice it, and neither will they be the last, but FIFA needs to get a message out that contracts NEED to be respected.

gr8liverpoolfan, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  11. bornmad

bornmad Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think anything is wrong in this and no one is bringing english football down.

First the Eduardo case.According to me his ban is totally correct.

Seconly how can u illegally snatch players from a diff club.Having huge amounts of money doesnt make you legal and thats what has happened to Chelsea.

So such incidents in a week might make you think that Fifa and Uefa are anti english , but according to me the bans are totally justified..

Be in the place of Lens fans and think how sick it is to snatch a player.English teams dont have great academies like the ones in spain and they are always dependent upon buying players , and if they cant do that also legally then whats unjustified in the ban??

Suppose ManU develops a player like fletcher and Real Madrid snatches fletcher away for ManU illegally , then i suppose you guys will say its all legal to ban RM

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    bornmad, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  12. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well I agree with ban but such a long ban shouldn't be applicable to club! It should be reduced and you can also fine huge money on club!

13. pablopabla

pablopabla Active Member

Best Answers:
    A long ban shows that this is a serious offence and will be a deterrent to other clubs hoping to pinch academy players from rival clubs. Fines are nothing because money can be earned. But losing out on the transfer market will be a far bigger lesson to learn.

Personally, I am against player pinching regardless of whether it's Chelsea or Man Utd.

pablopabla, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  14. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Me too rules are rules and should be followed

------------------------------------------------------------------

More info just in on MU re Pogba

And Le Havre managing director Alain Belsoeur claims to have documentation showing Manchester United offered inducements for Pogba, the France Under-16 skipper, to join them. And he wants the Red Devils to be treated in the same way as Chelsea.

"We are still pursuing our case,'' Belsoeur told The Times. "It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

"We spend €5m [about £4.3m] on our academy every year out of a turnover of €12m. It is a huge investment. We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others.

"What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from FIFA to protect the education system.''

At the time of the Pogba signing, Le Havre stated: "Le Havre wishes to express its indignation regarding the dealings of Manchester United's directors. This foolish act is even more unacceptable because it comes from a club with such stature. At a time when numerous parties, including at European Union level... are speaking out against the trading of minors, Manchester United does not hesitate to uproot a 16-year-old."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=673349&sec=england&cc=4716

This story is not going to go away, so maybe a ban is on the way for MU :eek:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  15. techydude

techydude Member

Best Answers:
    Tapping of players, by Man U or by Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal or any other team in the world - IS A CRIME and such clubs must be punished. End of.

Having said this, what we need to also take into account is that clubs like LeHarve too tap up players from some lower leagues/teams with the sole intention of selling them to some bigger clubs. They cause a flutter when some big club doesn't give them what they hoped they would for their player [Pogba in LeHarve's case].

IMHO, United should pay up some money to LeHarve who in turn should cough up atleast half that amount to the lower club from where they poached Pogba.

techydude, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  16. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Let's see what happen but other source suggest that United is more safer then Chelsea and they wouldn't be punished for this!

Rohit patel, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  17. yrmz_jojuk

yrmz_jojuk Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a Man U fan!

yrmz_jojuk, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  18. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Rio Ferdinand is in contention for Saturday's Premier League clash with unbeaten Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=674942&sec=england&cc=4716

This is a very big game for MU away to the form side of the seaon so far, the impressive Spurs Team

It will be tough, but we have a good track record against Tottenham both home and away

Lets see will be an open play game with both teams attacking and looking to score goals

Promises to be the top game of the weekend :cool:

britishguy, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  19. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well it good news for us and I think United's past records and victory over gunners will give a good chance us to go on top for while! Also we would see Rooney in action too much today too and I would go 1-0 win for us.:)

Rohit patel, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. britishguy

Best Answers:

Hope you are right :cool:

But I think we will win by a single goal too - but I think it will be thriller

With United edging it 3-2

britishguy, Sep 11, 2009 IP