1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Managed VPS from $10/mo | 2GB ram 500GB bandwidth $50/mo(FULLY managed)!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by adam@thevpsguy, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, legal adult content, proxy sites, and free webhosts are all allowed. You can host as many domains as you want on the VPS, but our lxadmin licenses allow you to host 40 domains, with unlimited addons and pointers(if you chose to use lxadmin). Thanks!

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  2. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Only 2 more $10 VPS plans remain...Order NOW!

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  3. entri3

entri3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $10 is pretty good i hope i dont have any downtime

entri3, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  4. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We dont have downtime except for planed maintenance, which is planned in advance, and will not be any more then 0.5% of the time.

ONE MORE $10 VPS plan
    available! Get it now!

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  5. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We also have our xen node up now, so please contact me at , if you are interested in a custom XEN hosting plan. Otherwise, the $60 xen plan is in our thread at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=935011 We are starting slow, and we only have 1 xen node at this time, but if we see enough interest, we will buy a new quad core xeon node.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We are now doing Custom XEN hosting plans contact us via MSN at We also are in the proccess of selling our last $10 VPS, so contact me before the persons payment is made, and you will get it.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  7. mattheww

mattheww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    ....Thanks

mattheww, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  8. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been on MSN support most of the day. I dont know what is wrong with our support system/staff. Our support system currently has hundreds of spam tickets also, which we have to sift through. We are really sorry, and are trying to fix the problem ASAP.

EDIT:Also, if you dont know how to setup your own nameservers and register them with your registar, you should not be using a VPS. Go with a good shared host then. If you want we will refund your $10, because i don't really like being called a scammer/liar.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  9. mattheww

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    VPS guys support is worst I have ever experienced I would not recommend to anyone... the make 1and1 look like Mother Theresa.

You "guys" need some serious customer service lessons

mattheww, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Really Mattheww? Please explain as I'm about to switch from shared server to his VPS soon. I understand the guy can't be online 24/7, but what issues are you having?

blacksurfer, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  11. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    haha well said mattheww.

Yes but he seems pretty good at MSN support?

How can you confirm that???

newcity, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  12. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Mathew, its really not fair that you say that. ITs your REGISTAR's problem that the DNS will not propagate. We can magicly make it work. It's almost libel that you write we have bad support, as we really do take pride in it. If you want your money back, have it. I don't want someone like you trashing our companies name. Please pm me your paypal so i can refund your payment.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  13. mattheww

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3

Regardless of where the problem is or isn't doesn't really matter (but I will get into that). The problem is how you and your support guys treat people. It [*]took 12 hours for any sort of reply and that was after I posted on the DP forum.

My first ticket said;
    • Hi
    • My vps is running... but all my sites are down? I have also been waiting for a few days for a site to propagate.
    • Is this a dns problem...
    • can you help me out
    • Thanks

12 hours later I get a response after posting here
    • Are you using your custom name servers in lxadmin?
    • Thanks,

My response
    • yes but they are resolving again
    • they have been up and down all day
    • matt
    I was happy, I edited out any nasty stuff from my original post here, then one hour later I get this

• That is COMPLETELY your registar's problem. Its apparent that the dns is not propagating to root level nameserers correctly.

Thats it you closed the ticket and said nothing else... not "is there anything else we can help you with" nothing!

If you vpsguys would look at my original post I ASKED IF IT WAS A DNS PROBLEM!

You don't know if it was a problem at my registrar or if it was a problem with the server, you assign a single IP for both nameservers and every domain... there isn't a decent sys admin anywhere that would recommend that because of DNS ISSUES!

Here is one possible solution link to lxlabs
    it sounds like a very similar situation, but we will never know because of your completely inferior customer service skills and apparently your abilities to administer a server.

I don't want a refund, its $10 and I don't really care about it... go use the money and take a customer service course.

Shall we talk about libel or other legal matters, what about the fact that you deleted my vps and every file on it as soon as I complained.

You are absolutely right, you don't... I currently own 200 + domains on 6 servers and 4 other hosting accounts, I am a fairly active and respected member on several other hosting forums. You just pissed off a pretty good customer who is incredibly well connected.

mattheww, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  14. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You had 2 different tickets open as i recall, so i closed one. You falsely assumed here on the DP forums that it was a server problem, and you were rather rude about it. You said something along the lines of "your service is horrible and i would not recommend them". Please don't talk about US being rude. And yes, we use one IP address for multiple domains, because Vhosts is how most control panels work. We are fully trained linux sys admins. And for $10 we arent going to give you multiple IP adresses, as it costs us an extra dollar per IP.

EDIT: IF you were such a good sys admin, you would know it was a dns problem, because navigating to the VPS ip worked fine. You could have used DNS diagnostic tools to figure it out, also.

EDIT2:Yes, you had 2 tickets open, so i closed one of them to make it easier. If you want to not be treated rude, please don't publicly state false things about my company.

Thanks!

15. mattheww

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    You are absolutely correct $10 is cheap and I shouldn't expect more I suppose. you get what you pay for.

I never said I was a good sys admin, not once. I used work as a sys admin on netware 3.11 lans and later as an admin for an NT 4.0 lans. So I do have some knowledge but it is very old school and I am certainly not qualified to properly administer a linux box...
    Having said that, I thought it was a dns issue (read my ticket). Dns problems do not all originate at the registrar. And because you can navigate to the vps ip; shows that it is a dns issue at the box or at the registrar, I never said it was your fault... I just asked you to look into it. You should be the ones using DNS diagnostic tools (FULLY managed!) not me.

2 questions

1. Is it better to use 1 or 2 ips for nameservers
    2. Name one false thing I have said

Adam I am going to make this simple for you, consider this your first customer service lesson... no charge.

If someone says on a forum that your company gives horrible customer service your answer should be...

"I am very sorry you have had any problems with our customer service. I am the owner of the company and If you would send and email directly to me I will do everything I can to satisfy your problems or at least help us to improve in the future."

You don't argue with them!

because you may know how to run a linux box does not make you a good business person or a good webhost.

Good luck in your endeavours.

mattheww, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  16. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, we are sorry for being rude, and as i said, using 1 ip for nameservers doesnt make a difference really, infact it may propagate faster in some cases. I have setup LxAdmin VPS's like your many many times, and yours was set up automated. I can say that i was 99.999999% sure it was not from the VPS, as it was setup correctly. So the false things you said were
    A.)I was too cheap to setup a second ip for nameservers(1 ip works fine)
    B.)I don't know if the problem was at the registar or with you

So honestly, at this point I really don't see you as a great customer, infact i would rather a newb. This is because they don't make false aquisations as soon as the VPS is setup. Honestly, I still dont think we did anything wrong here at all.

17. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've been reading these pages for weeks, and I bought from thevpsguy and I think he has great deals and customer service. He's always on MSN if you need him. VPS prices were always way more than shared hosting, but now, we can get this service at a great deal. Thanks VPS Guy!

blacksurfer, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  18. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The $5 plan deal is done, and we have a few more $10 plans.

adam@thevpsguy, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  19. vaggos

vaggos Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am thinking to buy but why he's banned? How we can find the reason ? The last thing I need is to buy something bad....

vaggos, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  20. NexusWebLinks

NexusWebLinks Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well it is not definitely related to his services as ian is quite a great guy
    to do biz with. he wa banned cuz he is one of those DP members
    who replied to a thread saying something like "PM me the details please"
    which is not allowed since May'08.

check this out;
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/announcement.php?f=24

but you may add him on his MSN and contact him directly.

NexusWebLinks, Jul 22, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.