1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mall Shooter Muslim?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by KalvinB, Feb 13, 2007.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I really don't know. Anymore than the host of other sick, hate-filled people who would do such a thing. Here, a quick search yielded this special one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Ann_Spencer

[QUOTE="I Hate Mondays" Killer]Brenda Ann Spencer (born April 3, 1962 in San Diego, California, United States) wounded eight children and one police officer and killed two adults in a shooting spree at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in the San Carlos section of San Diego, California, on Monday, January 29, 1979.

The school was across the street from her house. She used the rifle she had recently been given for Christmas from her father. When the six-hour incident ended and the sixteen-year-old was asked why she had committed the crime, she shrugged and replied, "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day." She also said: "I had no reason for it, and it was just a lot of fun," "It was just like shooting ducks in a pond," and "(The children) looked like a herd of cows standing around, it was really easy pickings."[/QUOTE]

So...ascribing the Utah shooter's rampage to some sort of Islamic-freakout makes as much sense to me as, for instance, ascribing Spencer's rampage to her family's religious, political or (you name it) background.

northpointaiki, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I posted before you edited your post.

I don't see anyone making excuses for him - the guy needed to be put down; about as "no excuses" as it gets. But I'm sorry, Kalvin, ascribing his motive to "Islamic freakout" is ridiculous, in my opinion. He was apparently a classic "loner type, no friends, etc." As the news develops, I would not be surprised to see how much this kid was like the others who simply went off.

I'm more freaked by the frequency of these occurrences. Why are our kids losing their shit? Why do we seem to be exceptionalist in this tragic trend?

3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I really figured it would be another young angry white male with low IQ whose parents didn't give them enough attention. God knows there have been enough of them over the years.

This is the fourth event of muslim rage I recall in the past year. There was the guy than went into a Jewish Federation in Washington last year to kill Jews. The guy that drove into a crowd in California to kill some infidels. The guy in North Carolina that drove into a crowded campus to kill infidels. The guy in Arizona that drove into a home depot to kill infidels (had a palestinian flag in the trunk of his car too).

Are these initial trends of what lies ahead? We don't need Israel to remind us what happens when it gets out of control.

[​IMG]

GTech, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  4. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    "Cat against a wall." Maybe it wasn't directed at him in particular but it's excuses excuses excuses. Why can't Muslims just say "it was wrong and he needs to find a better way to deal with his problems?" And then apply that same sentiment to the current suicide happy Muslims in the Middle East rather than calling them "cats against the wall."

All we get is "that's against Islam BUT excuses excuses excuses"

Apparently "I Hate Mondays" was a soul-less low IQ teenager who's parents didn't give her enough attention.

KalvinB, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  5. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, sorry - I apologize. I should have said I wasn't giving excuses. I was with Zangief until he made that comment, and I am in full agreement with you there - utter bs.

It's just wrong - it's not "wrong for a muslim to do it." I'm merely saying that in this instance, I don't see any evidence of "Islam rage," just a seriously brain fried punk, like so many others. A tragedy of hate, but I see nothing else.

6. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it was wrong and he needs to find a better way to deal with his problems?
    is it ok.
    %99.9 of the muslims will tell that's wrong and against our religion.But we talk about Islam we come to those "Death to the Infidels" and the main point disappears.
    KalvinB in this case I did not make any excuses but I told a murderer is a murderer.

I just wanted to say this is wrong.

"Hitler was a Roman Catholic, baptized into that religio-political institution as an infant in Austria. He became a communicant and an altar boy in his youth, and was confirmed as a "soldier of Christ" in that church."

zangief, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  7. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was just an angry in general asshole. It would be a good idea however for authorities to consider all possible sources of that anger including the possibility of it being religiously motivated.

If they don't know why he was angry they can't treat him. In this case he's dead so treatment won't help but it would be important should the shooter survive.

It's also important to consider the religion because other people that worshipped where he worshipped may have similar anger problems. It's no secret how much hate is preached in Mosques around the world.

Hitler was an occultist. He may have grown up Catholic but he died worshipping Satan.

KalvinB, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Where is your source for this?

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Off topic, and it doesn't matter what the man said (rather, what he did), but apparently he professed catholicism to the end of his life. A good read in this regard is John Toland's seminal Hitler bio.

I also don't think he was into the occult - Hitler, if he used it at all, apparently sought to inculcate some primordial notion of "Germanicness," but was not actually predisposed to the belief(s). Himmler was the true believer, from what I've read.

10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He did what Christian ideology of that time actually encouraged him to do. All Jews were Christ killers and must be punished for their crime. It was not until mid-1960 that pope dissolved the Jews sin for killing the Christ. There were many cases of priests and monks working in concentration camps and participating in killing the Jews.

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  11. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that most Bosnians or other Eastern Europeans are very liberal Muslims. They are not very "practising" either. So I doubt if this will have been the actions of someone seeking revenge for the actions of the US government in Iraq or in any other Muslim country.

qwestcommunications, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  12. GTech

Best Answers:
    Did we forget anyone there, gworld?

GTech, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahmadinejad didn't even exist during the WWII and while his Holocaust denial is against the law in European country, it is legal in USA since USA has not signed the treaty that makes Holocaust denial illegal. :rolleyes:

The discussion about history of WWII and the role of religion in Holocaust is a serious discussion that is far behind the mental capabilities of person like you, so let the people who are actually knowledgeable about this subject discuss it. ;)

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    If only you had scrolled down to the end of the article gworld, you wouldn't be the "laughing-stock" right now!

Want a mulligan? I'm reasonable!

sigh...

GTech, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How is that related to this discussion?

As it is shown, some Arabs under Germany occupation worked with them, the same as European did. There were many people specially in Middle East and countries which were part of British empire who hated British and saw Germans as the their saviors but how is this related if Hitler was Christian and the role of Christianity in Holocaust? :rolleyes:
    Are you going to claim that Hitler and Germans were Muslims and that is the reason they killed Jews? :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  16. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070214/us_nm/shooting_utah_srebrenica_dc

-------------------

Oddly this reminds me of the tape in which some of the 9/11 hijackers said their reasonsing was based off the Bosnia ordeal. Except what's weird is, we saved Muslims in Bosnia. This is another confusing set of events. Why would a person whom survived due to American intervention...kill Americans randomly?

Rick_Michael, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    For you, it's not, because you'd never say a bad thing about their role. For anyone else, it directly relates to the discussion in every way. Sorry, I have a bad habit of overestimating your intelligence.

Just pointing out how you *conveniently* left them out, as usual. And then defended them with an excuse that it was ok, because they thought Germany would be their savior :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

GTech, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am still waiting for you to say something relevant to the discussion about Hitler's religion and Christianity (Catholics and to some extent protestants) attitude toward the Jews in that time and it's role in Holocaust. Do you have anything to say about this subject or is it far behind your mental capacity? :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    So you admit you wanted to take the discussion off topic. I'm still waiting for you to say something relavent to the discussion of the thread, before you attempted to derail it, as usual. But we know that won't happen.

Never a bad word. Eyes are watching you ;)

GTech, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was actually you and the rest of missing balls chicken brigade who started to post about Jews and Hitler, but I can understand why you don't want to discuss it since many of republicans are also known for their anti-Semite views. It will be interesting to know why all of a sudden neo-cons fall in love with Israel and Jews in the beginning of 1990. Was it because they really changed their views or the money coming in from Israel lobby groups was just too good to pass? ;)

gworld, Feb 14, 2007 IP