1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making the Username to be an Email Address

Discussion in 'C#' started by chrisj, Jan 3, 2008.

I'm using an asp membership script that has a Registration Page with an Email Address field, User Name field, Password field and Password Confirmation field, etc.

I'd like to get help making it so the registrar has to put his Email Address as his User Name. So I'd like to make the User Name field the Email Address field and the Email Address field the Email Address Confirmation field.

Can you help me with this? Can you tell me if this is possible to make this change with this page code, and if so, how to do it, please?

thanks

The code is longer than this forum allows. If interested in helping me, please PM me for the code. Thanks.

Attached Files:

chrisj, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Do it exceptionally simply by changing the text associated with the boxes to Email & Confirm Email and then simply have code along the lines of:

IF sUSERNAME = sEMAIL THEN
    'Rest of code here
    ELSE
    'Error message to say that the two fields didnt match
    END IF
    Code (ASP):
    The text file is also incomplete to be able to see if you are doing any client side field validation first, if you are then again just add a comparison script for the two fields.

AstarothSolutions, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  3. chrisj

chrisj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks..................

chrisj, Jan 7, 2008 IP