1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making proposal to offer advertising on my website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by imnajam, Jul 8, 2008.

Hi everybody,

I am willing to contact advertisers directly, in this regard I am required to create a marketing proposal which I would be sending to the relevent companies.
    Can anyone here guide or provide me sample proposals for online advertising / selling ad space along with any sort of price calculation based upon impression etc.
    Any material to convince client that might be included in the proposal?

Thanks in advance!
    SEMrush

imnajam, Jul 8, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. digimac

digimac Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to outline your site history including;
    site visitors - usually showing growth
    SEO listings - e.g. number 1 for X term
    demographics e.g male/female % split and Location e.g. 40% USA, 30% UK etc. the users will be a guestimate usually but the location you should get from your site stats

about your niche... you need to outline your niche area and some key stats e.g. Bingo Players grew 40% compared to 2006

the formats you plan to offer e.g. MPU 300x250, SkyScraper 120x600, Leaderboard 728x90 etc

then there is the price, usually advertising is on a CPM. I cannot comment on a price for you because I do not know your site and history. For this look at some competitor sites to get a feel for what they may be charging.

digimac, Jul 8, 2008 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    google analytic stat aka traffic stat

mentos, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  4. RichSage

RichSage Peon

Best Answers:
    HI,

Another option is to do what I've done, since I don't have time to make proposals. I've installed AdToll. See my blog running the ads. The system allows your advertisers to create an account and purchase ads. I am getting small amounts for ad sales, hands off. I am doing it as a test.

However, after this month, I'll rely on mainly memberships to monetize, so this is again a test.
    FYi,
    Sam

RichSage, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  5. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    Just look around (the search engines) at other sites in your niche and see what they are offering. That is the best way.

IC_IC, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  6. suzybakeoven

suzybakeoven Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not get paid to advertise for these people. I came across this site when I was researching for my project:

http://www.traffiq.com

It should help you to understand what you need to collect or what people want to see. I would maybe add screen shots of web traffic if necessary.

suzybakeoven, Jul 8, 2008 IP