1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making over $500 daily on a site I was about to shut down..here are some of my tips!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by fioon, Mar 28, 2011.

1. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    Secondly that's stupid to think a business plan makes a business many people say oh I had the idea for facebook ha you can't go to silicon valley and ask for 20 million dollars in funding with that idea. It's about shutting up and building something, most people just talk and don't build. Just envy and don't work. I'm hoping your not one of those people, sad to say I've met so many of them.

fioon, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  2. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    Guys don't be lazy...this stuff takes actual sweat when I finish a productive day (usually at 2 in the morning) I can't move...my back is hurting and I'm drained both physically and mentally...if your thinking your going to make money and not do any work then your dreaming. This business isn't for the faint of will, you have to go out an take your destiny it doesn't just come.

fioon, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  3. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey, is it because you dont want to make more or because you cant do it?
    maybe you live according the adage "money doesnt make you happy"?

to the OP:

anything around 1.5% CTR is average. You will surely have much more than that.

But I have a site that has an average of around 10%-15% CTR.

How?

White background, clickable text must have the same color like your heading,
    using the big square ad under or on the right side of an image! that drives
    CTRs much higher than any other kind of display. But you probably are doing this already, right?

jophan, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a positive person. I've been folded online and this is how i am. You have not illuminated advice yet.
    You've only said
    1. Never give up
    2. I am rich
    3. and I know a lot
    No it was a solid business plan, design, how it functioned, the look, layout, everything then it was stolen...and yes I am one of those people now.
    I think its both. I used to want to make more money because I value security in life. I like things that don't break down and it takes money to enjoy the fine things in life.

Laceygirl, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  5. LWS

LWS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is the only way to success :)

start all over... you gained knowledge along the way, so not everything was stolen...

LOL... I get 5000 - 7000 UV/day... 25% UK traffic... but I earn $10/day loooooooooooooooool ... and my site is all green :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    LWS, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  6. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much money did you put into Ad Words? I doubt you spend on $100 and get that much traffic, the people who succeeded with Ad words bringing traffic to their site or business invested thousands of dollars, like Groupon they had to get a investor so they could spend a couple million dollars on ad words for adsene to help advertise their site online.

Vel, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  7. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    You had a lot of money to start off with though lol, I and many others here are flat broke or dont have more than 10 grand in the bank.

You also said hire someone to blog for your site, can you PM a link of where to hire these bloggers to write for a site with a reasonable fee and honest at that? because last time I tried to hire a blogger or two they demanded I pay them 60 grand a year! :(

Vel, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  8. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a sad story, but one t hing to bring you back again to try is to realize many of the successful millionaires and billionaires all failed but they never gave up, many because in debt and bankrupt but they kept trying. I have the drive but I don't know where and how to start.

Vel, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  9. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe anyone is actually getting sucked into this post, its absolute nonsense.

Some guy with a hand full of posts has come on here stating that he was going to delete a blog with an annual turnover of approx $180,000 and you are believing him?

He has provided nothing of any use, no tips, no evidence of earnings.

He is living out some sort of fantasy.

This post is actually an insult to webmasters who are working online and know how hard and competitive it is to make money, most struggle to make $30 to $50 a day with adsense and he talks about deleting a blog earning $500.

You are INSULTING people who work hard each day.

Just to finsh:

That is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard in my life, google will never allow you to serve ads to a low quality site with no content of any value, especially with one page.

You constantly talk rubbish and lies.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Webgold, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  10. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry Webgold I'm talking to Google if I get the green light I'll make a live short video showing my earnings this week.

fioon, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  11. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    I'm tired so I can't reply to the posts above I'll do it in the pm...night night ( I live in NY and it's 2 am now)

fioon, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  12. Beatriz Cruz

Beatriz Cruz Guest

Best Answers:
    I find the tip about changing the color of the font interesting. I wonder if you can at least share the color code? I have heard that grey font is way better than just plain black.

Beatriz Cruz, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  13. jayrudalf

jayrudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say you shared such a good tips here.

jayrudalf, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  14. onlineearner123

onlineearner123 Member

Best Answers:
    wow.........really nice amount of money u earned.......
    another adsense guru

onlineearner123, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  15. LWS

LWS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a green website with 5000UV/day pr 4/10 and earn only $10 with it... nobody ever clicks on adsense on my site ... with 0.10% ctr that's 50 clicks lol
    how do I make more?

I had to put video ads that pay 1 penny for youtube video view wordwide but the ctr on this is 1-2% lol...
    and my site has the best color for football of course, white on green :)...

isn't that the point?
    are you not chasing your fantasy when you try to achive your goals?

was it not that your goals first were just a tought that seemed like fantasy? :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    LWS, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  16. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    lol LWS, I posted that I was tired lol as it was 2 in the morning in New York...in any event bro traffic is only 25% of the equasions to earnings via contexual advertisement and who cares about the amount really you could get 1 million visits a day and I could get 10,000 a day and earn twice as much as you, it's about QUALITY targeted traffic sources. It doesn't only mean geo targeting that also encompasses if the traffic is organic, typins, etc and well some niches don't pay any higher than $1 and some even lower as I said before I only deal in high paying niches...so you might be in a niche that will need a more robust marking budget to really start making a healthy profit.

fioon, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  17. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before adwords wasn't to drive traffic...it was to help with Seo

fioon, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  18. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    1000goals.com ?
    Their is so much wrong with the interface bro...not to mention the other things I talked about before but I know it's about sports/soccer but you should focus on color theories...focus on saturations and emphesis. green should be 3-5% of the color composition of the home page not 70-90% also you'll have to redesign the site to add a 300x250 ad block on there and test text & media ads (I prefer text)

fioon, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  19. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    Also look at your Google Analytics report...look at your bounce rates....and start working to eliminate low traffic pages completely or move them to a breadcrumb like navigation element or footer.

fioon, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  20. fioon

fioon Member

Best Answers:
    Also text/typographical banners are your friend...remove all of those the images, the users shouldn't be confused where to go and move to a "Z" website design.

fioon, Apr 1, 2011 IP