1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money with no website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Valerie Henderson, Apr 21, 2013.

How many of you are actually making with your blogs? I just set mine up today. I'm just hoping it actually works. I would like to stay home and work so I can spend time with my daughter.

Want to make money today ?

Valerie Henderson, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  2. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, you can make money without a website, with blog as well, what you need to do is to show your creativity, your talent via blogging and you would be earning good money.

If you have writing skills then you can use this skill to make money online as writers are in demand today.

MikeQ, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  3. Aparna13

Aparna13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can make decent money with your blog or without a blog.

If you have a blog then work hard and make good reputation and visitor, Decrease your Alexa Rank (Less than 100K), Increase PR (Preferable PR 3 or more) etc and you'll get good advertiser paying in $$$

If you do not have a site/blog then concentrate in your skill like Article writing, programing, web desinging, affiliate marketting etc. to make decent income.

But all these make some time, you can not do it in overnight

Aparna13, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  4. scubadive

scubadive Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know how to use Facebook or Social Media you don't need a website ;)
    And I'm a web designer lol :)

scubadive, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  5. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am sorry, but in reality it is very hard to make money online even if you have alot of good experience and business ideas

probably the easiest way is to sell on ebay, find a unique item to sell, even home crafts, and you got a chance to make some cash

its best to work until you have enough capital to start a business

tekkers, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  6. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember the common saying, you can make start one business to make 100$ a day or 100 businesses to make 1$ a day.

I made a post on my website about the risks and rewards of starting your own business, it can be found here: http://www.bizsourcedaily.com/entrepreneurships-risks-and-rewards/

But to summarize for people who rather not read a long article:

Tekkers made an extremely good point on having enough capital to start your business. However, online "businesses" do not generally require a ton of money. You can start off blogging now and end up making a good amount of money off it, but it will not happen over night. If you combine all the tips in the replies above you get a fairly good strategic plan, that is:

Step 1) Work until you have the money required to start your business
    Step 2) Start your blog while you work as it does not take a lot of time to actively work with your blog.
    Step 3) Get the best possible PR and Alexa rankings.
    Step 4) Slowly watch yourself earn income from your blog.

Now I would like to add in a few things

Step 5) Add 2 posts per day to your blog. Should only take approximately 2 hours, you can work full time and do this. (If one complains about time/freedom then they are doomed to fail in the first place)
    Step 6) Never skimp on quality for your blog, and do not purchase articles because they are generally lower quality and your users can see the differences in "voice"
    Step 7) Submit your blog to every online directory possible
    Step 8) Once you have 100+ Postings on your blog [Doable in 1 month if you post twice a day for the weeks (44) and four times a day on the weekends (64) ] buy back links, FB page likes, and even targeted traffic. This does only a little to help improve your website other than visceral appeal, but it will also jump start a traffic flow.

Step 9) Once your blog has around 5K daily visitors consider starting a second blog (If you have another interest that you know enough about) Actively manage this second blog the same way and in a a year you should be comfortable leaving your job.

• Keep in mind: Each blog should require around 20 hours of work per week. Its not passive income, and anyone who says it is - Is not making very much on their blog. (Or they are auto blogging of some sort and getting banned from most advertising revenue sources)
    • I assumed you were married and had a husbands income. My small excerpt above should generate around 1500 a month. This is unstable income as things on the internet change.
    • Lastly, do not expect anything to happen quickly or overnight. Digital Point is a site filled with dreamers. This is a complete guess, but if I had to place a bet on how much the average person on Digital Point makes from purely their online efforts, I would place the average sub $700 per month. There are the occasional people on here that make tons of money but they work hard for it. There are also people on here happy to make 500$ a month off their online efforts because it is supplemental.

praesto, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  7. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    blog is a website

thesickearth, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  8. Env o

Env o Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should sign up on adsense or another ad network, you should also invest in a domain if you haven't already.

Good luck with your blog.

Env o, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  9. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't been successful with making money on my blog, even with affiliates or anything else. The only thing that has helped me was finding websites that are free to sign up and make money.

Caden, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  10. JayKnight

JayKnight Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've had success earning without a website. You'll have to think of other ways to drive traffics to your offers/products. Social Media is a very good option to be able to do this. Once you have the funds though, I usually suggest having your own website on your own domain.

This will give you many more options and control over your business. It may be more difficult, but it's usually the better option to go.

JayKnight, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  11. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    You are clearly a newbie. A beginner blogger has a slim chance at being accepted with Google Adsense, no offense but being accepted into Google Adsense is hard nowadays. There are other options than Google Adsense which are easier to get into.

Solar Oblivion, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  12. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is great advice for anyone thinking of starting a blog and it's a good dose of reality. Writing, though artful, is work, just like any other job. Along with this forum, a good website to learn more about this is problogger.net

lorienm, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  13. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:

With the wrong attitude, yeah you'll never get anywhere. Most of the time people are lazy and just expect to get paid online. But, It takes hard work and dedication to get anywhere. Your online business is just that, a business, and it needs to be treated the same as a regular one. People have become millionaires online, they all had to start somewhere.

RoguePyro, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  14. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    As RoguePyro above me stated- An online business is one like any other. The only difference is that with a laptop, your online business can be operated from anywhere. It still requires the same amount of time and effort. In most cases online businesses require more time and effort because you have to spend time offline to build your brand and your business in addition to the time spent online. My blog is very new (Linked in my earlier post) and I spend MORE time offline marketing it than I do making posts. I work full time approximately 45 hours per week, I am getting my masters degree and the university is a 45 minute drive from where I live, and I actively play hockey during the week. My only real "free" time to post is the weekends but I still have the time and I still post.

If you are online expecting to become a millionaire, it most likely won't happen. But if you have a solid plan, reliable support (Be it team-members or friends and family), and follow through not expecting anything too quickly you can earn a stable income and even be on the upper echelon in terms of wealth. Just don't make the mistake of thinking other people are going to do the work for you.

Lastly, my above final sentence is the number 1 issue I see with people that want to start an online "business". They consider a blog or website or forum a business, when in reality it is a community instead of a business.
    • People start forums and then want their users to post all the content
      • Successful forums exist because the owner of the forums has knowledge that is unique and they contribute it themselves. Traditionally forums start with a website, service offering, or blog that has a following.
    • People start blogs and expect to buy traffic and posts.
      • All too much, I see people spend 100$ in traffic and blog posts to make 5$ a day for 10 days. Great job at throwing $50 in the trash.

Time + Effort = Success
    *Examples (Not promises) below
    If you put in 20 hours per week of minimal effort expect low success.
    If you put in 60 hours per week of maximum effort expect moderate success.
    If you put in 80-100 hours per week of maximum effort expect high success.

praesto, May 1, 2013 IP
  15. limon0510

limon0510 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Real make money now online it is true.
    Thanks

limon0510, May 1, 2013 IP
  16. webtmaster

webtmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My ideas is buy a cheep ready made 3 way monetized blog,web store host it then drive traffic thru social media,forum,paid traffic if can afford,social bookmarking etc..youll see money flow withing a shortest period..
    you can get one here..or something smiler
    http://www.nichewebprofits.com/category/online-web-store/

webtmaster, May 3, 2013 IP
  17. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Making money through blog take time, you cant expect much in the beginning stage. You gotta work out on developing your blog and gain traffic before you can earn. Once you have enough traffic / reader, then it is easy to earn money

lifeplayer, May 3, 2013 IP
  18. Oozen

Oozen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are much easier ways to make money than online. Learn a trade skill and go after a niche market. Just remember you only need sell 300 people a year a product or service for $100 to make $30,000 a year. Add 100 people to that count for every $10,000 you want to go up.

List of jobs you could do:

1. Elderly Grocery / Medication Pickup (If you charge $100 a month to them or there children who oversea them you will only need 25 customers a year to make that $30,000 a year).

2. Learn to braid hair. I know girls who pay $125 to get their hair braided (If you do 1 head a day that $30,000 a year for 2 - 3 hours of work a day at best. The rest could be spent with your daughter.)

3. iPhone and Cell Phone glass repair for $100 a pop. (All this takes is time to learn it which can be found on Youtube for free)

There are tons more but you get the idea.

Also because you own your own business there are a ton of write offs just get a great CPA and your good to go.

"Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear" Don't let it stop you.

Oozen, May 6, 2013 IP
  19. WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say that if you are asking these questions, it means you haven't done your research and are a long way away from staying at home. I would keep on reading and learning about what it means to make money online. It's in your grasp, but you shouldn't look at it as something you can spend a few minutes a day on.

WinterIsComing, May 6, 2013 IP
  20. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes, you can make money without site, I'm writing a book of this, would you like follow me to update new status?

temp2, May 6, 2013 IP