1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money with Adsense is harder for newbies.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by jitukothari4u, Jul 12, 2009.

I think that making money with Adsense is harder for newbies...

It really takes more than 4-5 months for newbies to get their FIRST Payment..

Making Blog or Site to EASY ....Filling that site with Good and Original content is also not so hard...

But when we come to the main point TRAFFIC and CLICKS..
    Then we all know that it is REALLY DIFFICULT TO PULL TRAFFIC AND MAKE OUR VISITORS CLICK ON ADS.

In this thread i want every ADSENSE EARNER to put some techniques which Adsense newbies can use to pull traffic to their Site or Blog..

And also mention how much period you took to earn your FIRST ADSENSE CHEQUE.

Regards,

Jitendra Kothari

jitukothari4u, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  2. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everything is harder for newbies. Anyway, even with techniques it will still take people a long time to generate a few bucks.. and it is even more likely they will never generate a decent income.

terminator69, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  3. adezalfa

adezalfa Peon

Best Answers:
    I need 2 years for my first $100 I make a blog about google adsense on my blog Adsense-business.com may be this article useful to anybody who want to make money from google adsense

adezalfa, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  4. webmaster777

webmaster777 Peon

Best Answers:
    u r rite but for me adsense is best way of Earnning bcz i am getting good from My Mesothelioma Blog.

webmaster777, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  5. oneeezy

oneeezy Peon

Best Answers:
    here's my story..

I am a newbie (sort of).. Ive been knowing and learning about adsense for about 2 years now but I launched my website about a month ago and have had adsense running on it for about 3 weeks now.. I have been using myspace as my main source to drive traffic towards it, but I have also submitted it to google. I have been using a friend adder bot (Easy Adder) to build my friend base. Within 2 weeks of myspace work i have about 300 friends now, and have about 50 unique visitors coming in a day. What I've been having problems with is the clicks.. So far i've generated 15 clicks and about $3.50 , i don't know if that is good or bad? I understand a website has to grow and im going to continue to grow it..

check it out, www.name-ninja.com .. if anyone has any pointers / techniques for me let me know!

oneeezy, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  6. thctakeout

thctakeout Peon

Best Answers:
    I was scammed by My internet Payday and wondering how many other newbies fell for this.

thctakeout, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  7. mnoposter

mnoposter Peon

Best Answers:
    The hardest part of Adsense business is quality traffic. Sometime, you could have tons of traffic, but no or just a few clicks. :p

Sorry, I can't access your site.

mnoposter, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  8. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My tips of the day for Adsense newbies.

#1 Don't try to start a blog or site on high paying keywords just because they're high paying keywords. You will waste your time building a Mesothelioma, Acai Berry Diet or DUI Lawyer site and you will not earn much from it before you lose interest because you know nothing about Mesothelioma.

Find a topic that you know something about, or you're an expert at, and base your site around that. This will keep your interest a lot longer and you'll probably come up with some original content and ideas. This is what you need to establish before you can start earning. (And my personal experience has taught me to stay away from blogs as they don't generally do well with Adsense.)

#2 Know your keywords. Make sure your pages have the targeted keywords in the Title Tag, meta description, H1,H2,H3 tags. Don't stuff your content with your keywords, but make sure they're in there.

#3 Find a way to get your site 10 backlinks per day...using your keywords as anchors. Submit to free directories, social bookmarking, blog commenting. There are endless sources for free links...find them. If you've picked a niche that doesn't have insane competition, you'll start to notice some good search engine rankings for your keywords within 8-12 weeks.

Just a side note...a lot of people don't believe in directory submission anymore, but I still build directory links for every site I create. I don't expect to get much PR value, but every backlink with your anchor text (even nofollow) have some benefit.

christian231, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  9. blowfish500

blowfish500 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi webmaster777,
    You said that adsense is the best way of earning because you blog is getting good. I am visiting your blog, but I didn't see any adsense ads. Any idea?
    :confused:

blowfish500, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  10. blowfish500

blowfish500 Guest

Best Answers:
    ... and hi to All, I am sooooo new here.
    Hope your guidance :)

blowfish500, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  11. oneeezy

oneeezy Peon

Best Answers:
    hey christian231, you said

what does this mean??

oneeezy, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  12. kayo

kayo Peon

Best Answers:
    I see many people is talking about "high paying keywords". How do you find what keywords that is "high paying" ?

kayo, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  13. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    It took me 8 months to get my first check , but im liveing in romania and i get paid 0.01 per click :).

eLeSlash, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  14. webhostnation.net

webhostnation.net Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still waiting for my first check....of £15. :D

webhostnation.net, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  15. bsd13

bsd13 Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me almost 2 years to make my first $100.00 with adsense. Now I average about $75 per month. The secret that has worked for me is-

1) long tail keywords I can rank on the first page of google search for.
    If you aren't in the top 10 for your search term you'll lose a huge percentage of traffic. Just ask a few people who have suffered through a google adjustment and found themselves dropping from the first page to the second page of the search results. Traffic declines by about 75%, sometimes more in a matter of hours. While you can't control google's adjustments you can keep an eye on your rankings related to your highest ranking keywords and make adjustments as needed to those pages.

2) excellent relevant content
    I can tell how good the content I put up is by the bounce rate on any given article. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and basically rewritten an article because it had a horribly high bounce rate. Fact is if your get the top spot on google search ranking on your blog for your keyword(s) but have entirely irrelevant content staring the first time visitor in the face you're going to lose income. If you blog about "widgets" it's ok to post occasionally about something else, but "widgets" should be the first thing that a visitor from the search engine sees

3) good add positioning
    This is something I've learned over time. I've found the traditional "hotspots" that Google talks about are relatively effective. Someone starting out should target those areas. It doesn't hurt to try non-traditional areas. Just setup a channel and let it go for a few weeks and see what happens. If you're not getting clicks now it won't hurt to try something new.

bsd13, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  16. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It means submit your site to free directories or social bookmarking sites OR blog commenting. Always make sure the title of your link is the keywords you're site is targeting. So if you comment on a blog, where asks you for your name, don't put in John. Put in "Model Airplane Racing" and then be sure to put in your website address in the URL field, so when you comment, your name "Model Airplane Racing" will be your anchor text for the link. This way the search engines know that your site has something to do with model airplane racing when they are indexing that blog page. Hope that answered your question.

christian231, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  17. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the newbie are making an adsense website, then it is hard.

lifeplayer, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  18. web-fanatic

web-fanatic Banned

Best Answers:
    yes
    Hard work is needed in any area !

web-fanatic, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  19. uycw

uycw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your tips. I too believe in directory submission. Even PR0 would counts.

uycw, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  20. oneeezy

oneeezy Peon

Best Answers:
    it did, thanks! i had an idea about back links but i just really wanted to make sure the proper way to do them :]

oneeezy, Jul 15, 2009 IP