1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money Online and Why Email Marketing Still Works

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Alex Leizerovich, Jan 15, 2015.

One of the most popular questions I saw being asked here is:
    “How do I make money online?”
    So I thought I'd give my own perspective on this.
    The truth is there are tones of ways to make money online.
    Sure there are many scams around. I've wasted a lot of money on some of them.
    But there are also opportunities all around that can be used to make money on the internet.

Personally I see two main approaches to making money on the internet.

The first approach:

Things like cpa marketing, youtube marketing, building niche sites, doing surveys, business opportunity programs, MLM programs, blogging, writing articles or offering some kind of other service such as graphic design, creating videos on fiverr etc.
    The list goes on. These are all ways how you can make money, but these are just income methods and 99% of the time not something which you should focus too much of your time on.
    Don't get me wrong you can make money with these but it's not always something that is stable enough or allows you to grow your income the way you really want.

The second approach is Email Marketing:

You got it right! Email marketing still works.
    Actually if you look at many of the online gurus and many people that create serious income online, they all build their own database of customers.
    Building a targeted email list and selling affiliate offers or even better your own products can be the most profitable, the most stable and the most effective way you can use to make money online.

When you build your own targeted email list then you are building a business and not just an income stream where you make a few a few extra bucks. Building a business means you create and build something that will last years to come and it flourishes over time so the longer you build it for then the more profitable it will become.

Why Email Marketing is so great for making money online?

- Frequent communication with your followers:

People check their email a few times a day. That means that if you build targeted list and give them good content they will read your mails. They may not read all your mails, but they will read some and that's enough. The frequency of your communication will be much higher than when you just have a blog for example. With a blog they have to remember to check it.

Some people will say that people just get too much mails and email marketing isn’t effective. You know what, if you always send crap without useful info and useful products it's true.
    But if you build a list that is interested in your topic and you are sending them useful info and products, they will remember your name. And they will open and read your mails.

- You can create trust and improve your sales conversion rate:

Some people try to make the sale too soon and waste most of their leads. It said that a customer needs to be exposed to your content/service/product 7-15 times before he's ready to buy from you something. Some people will buy much sooner but the most won't.

Now think how many leads you waste if you are driving traffic but not capturing their emails ?
    The chances you'll make a sale on the first exposure are very low. When you don't build an email list you are practically leaving money on the table.
    Now think what happens when somebody visits your site and leaves you his email. You can start communicating with him and build trust.

- You brand yourself even before the first sale:

Now think like a customer. Let's say you are interested in some kind of a topic/product. Would you buy it from somebody that you just landed on his site once, or would you buy from somebody that you already know his name, you read some of his mails in the past, and he gave you some good info ?

- Once a buyer always a buyer:

This is a big one. It is MUCH easier to sell to somebody that already bought from you something in the past than selling to a new person.
    It's a proven fact that when people buy something and it was good they will continue buying from the same place/person.
    Now let's say you are an affiliate marketer or you have your own info product or any other products that you create and sell.
    With email list you'll be growing your customer base all the time.
    There will be people that bought from you much more than 1 product.

I hope that by now it's clear why you should build an email list. And why it can be much better than just driving traffic of people that never heard about you and hoping to make a sale.
    I hope this was useful.

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 15, 2015 IP
    Kawish likes this.
  2. AffordableWebsiteContent

AffordableWebsiteContent Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, been building my list of clients and I keep in touch with them. No spamming, just a legit hello will get happy customers back on your website or business!

Nice info here!

3. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its a good idea to keep in touch frequently enough, and there is def a lot of money to be made from repeating customers.
    And mail is still number 1 for that.

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  4. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing works but it's for dirty idiot snakes who spam and harass people.

DinoJRG, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  5. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    And anybody that is trying to sell anything is a dirty snake that is trying to steal your money and sell you some crap right ?

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  6. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    No, but mass cold emailing and contributing to spamming the hell out of people online as a total scavenger.

Take you for example. You make this nice and neat topic but of course you don't give a damn about what you are talking about. You simply spam here to possibly get interest so that you can "show people how to build a huge profitable email list". Email marketer and the deceptive untrustworthy things they say.

DinoJRG, Jan 19, 2015 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  7. TeKn1qu3z

TeKn1qu3z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TeKn1qu3z, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  8. David Garcia

David Garcia Member

Best Answers:
    I really liked your perspective. I'm new to making business online and is great to have experienced perspectives on it. I wonder though how long the opportunities for online marketing will last. There seems to be a lot of people getting at it. Would it be a good time to try out different markets already?

David Garcia, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  9. Daniel Daines-Hutt

Daniel Daines-Hutt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm touchy subject as the post may be in question but it is correct
    Email ROI still ranks incredibly highly, mainly due to the fact that the message gets to the reader

A lot of marketing is blinkered, deleted, spamblocked etc or simply not read at all
    Maybe it goes back to the days of old classic mail letters and we feel we have to read it or it would be rude not to?

I like email marketing mainly as a form of communication-all sales happen elsewhere, but it is great to have a channel that I can actually speak to a reader, without having to bombard news feeds etc

Its more respectful if used with some tact, and not as a sales machine perhaps?...

Daniel Daines-Hutt, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  10. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    1. Who said anything about COLD emailing ? Did you even read what I said.
    I am talking about building trageted email list using legit ways.
    If peope are interested in your topic they sign up and the can always to unsubscribe.
    2. You jump to conclusions very fast. If this post was a spam mods would delete it. Clearly its usefull for some people.
    3. Signatures are allowed here if anybody find this post usefull he will follow it.
    I am not forcing anybody to do it. Nor I want anybody that isnt interested in the topic following it.
    And there are many ways to drive traffic and build a list. You have no clue how I built mine. If I use a sig here it doesnt say much.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Alex Leizerovich, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  11. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree.
    And I am not talking here about spamming random lists or even buying lists.
    I am talking here about building permission based lists.
    And building trust using relevant content.
    The sales you can do in between.
    That way you don't use it only as a sales machine.
    You use it as a tool to conect to your followers.

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  12. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Hell, you are even spamming this topic!!!

Let's face it. You don't even believe that email marketing works. If you did then you would be doing it and not putting in effort to show people how to do it.

Now screw off with the "I'm going to make a topic and pretend to just want to talk about it when really I'm just trying to scam people into clicking on my signature" crap. I know you are one of the hotelcombined idiots who distribute turnkey hotel searches for the company to steal from them as well. You need to get the hell offline you leech.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    DinoJRG, Jan 26, 2015 IP
    matt_62 and malky66 like this.
  13. pills

pills Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to use technology to improve the way we invest the time, so that service seems good to me, if you do not try to scam people, if you want to offer people something valuable that improves their life in the same way your are improving yours.

When something is spam? is an expensive product a scam? how should we measure if a product is expensive?

Take this example, I just bought a course for $1100, out of curiosity what a course of that high price tag has to offer, it has a refund policy. The thing is I found that I can get the same value from fiver and udemy for $5 and free respectively.

I have been started to think a lot of things:

- Internet is full of places where this information I am posting can be helpful, should I put this in a lot of places so people save their money? seems unanswerable
    - Should I always think in my benefit as a consumer, or be more open to invest in people. I mean when you bought something you usually think: 'what's in it for me?' that's sooooo common that we never think: 'what is in it for the seller?', because we are so selfish.
    - I am not saying that sellers are poor people that needs our help. What I am saying is that we might see our expenses as investments. In the case of the course, I am buying relaxed time for course maker, if I like that person, what he is doing, projecting, and doing for others, why do I have to be concerned about my money, my money, my money; and instead be grateful for what he is doing for me and other people.
    - This is too idealistic, I know. But is the world I want to live in, so I will start believing on it, till it is a reality.
    - It is a very different approach, which is in the middle of selfishness and selflessness.

Sorry, if I am off topic.

pills, Jan 26, 2015 IP
    DinoJRG likes this.
  14. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Useful post. I have been earning from internet from the last 6 months by testing and tweaking some methods I learnt from different forums. I was thinking to give a try to Email marketing. Do I need to be good in SEO for E-Mail marketing (to get leads)?

Kawish, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  15. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    LOL you make me laugh.
    You are full of FALSE assumptions.
    I am not even gonna waste my time answering you.
    Haters will hate.
    Lets just say that You have no clue how much email marketing I do.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Alex Leizerovich, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  16. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    Well SEO is only one way for driving traffic.
    But there are many other ways.
    If you are not into SEO you can build big lists without it.
    You can build your list from many different methods out there.
    Personally I use a few paid traffic sources, but if you have a good sales funnel you can return the investment.

Just to name a few traffic sources that don't require SEO(there are many more):
    - solo ads
    - ppc- bing ads or fb ads. You can also drive traffic from twitter and 7search
    - You can even drive traffic from places like Bubblews.com
    This one require some learning and testing of course.
    - Ad swaps or click banking: If you already started building your list you can find other list owners
    and do whats called ad swaps or click banking.
    This is a method where you can help each other build your lists.
    If you have some kinda useful guide you can give away to their subscribers
    it can be a great option to get free traffic.
    This one is especially effective in the IM/MMO niche.
    Just to give you an idea how much SEO is not a must,
    in the last 2 days I got almost 200 new leads to one of my lists from adswaps only.

adswaps.PNG

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  17. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought. If email spam marketing is so great then you wouldn't be coming around here trying to use your time earn money to advise people to email spamming people.

I'm sick of your third world country crap.

DinoJRG, Jan 27, 2015 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  18. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Alex. You taught me so many ways to get traffic. I will use them for my current money making methods and for the E-Mail marketing in future for sure. Do you think Awber is the only best solution for E-Mail Marketing?

Kawish, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  19. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    I am glad it helped you.
    I've tested many AR's and Aweber is the best because it has the best deliverability.
    Many people use Getresponse which is big aswell but nowhere near Aweber.
    With that said Aweber isn't for free, but if you wanna build a serious business it is a must.
    Some people use self hosted AR which has its benefits. But its not that easy to setup and not really needed unless you have really big lists(I am talking about over 100K subscribers).

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  20. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know a few mafia guys who are not too bad either, but in general it's a dirty job for dirty people.

He, like EVERYONE into email marketing just buys lists then spams the hell out of peoples' emails. Everyone who gets the email doesn't have a clue who the hell it is that sent it.

DinoJRG, Jan 28, 2015 IP
    matt_62 likes this.