1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a site map for my forum. Include just the main forums?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by kianah, Jan 19, 2007.

Obviously if you generate a sitemap for your forum you will have thousands of pages of junk.

Do i make a sitemap with just the main forums included? Thanks for the info!

kianah, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  2. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want google to index all your pages, you make a sitemap for the whole site, or just make a sitemap for the main forums. But I don't think you can stop google from indexing your pages in the case that you have inbound links for your pages.

hhheng, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  3. webguy84

webguy84 Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with hhheng, and why shouldn't you want that google indexes all your pages? The more pages google will index for you the better I guess.

webguy84, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  4. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For XML sitemaps, you should include all pages. For HTML sitemaps, only the main entry points to the forum.

websitetools, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. gastongr

gastongr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my XML sitemap i include the forum categories, thread pages, and member profile pages.
    search, members list, contact, faq, register and show post pages don't have any real content so i just exclude them with robots.txt and don't include them in the sitemap.

gastongr, Jan 26, 2007 IP