1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a review style site, but don't know how much space I'll need

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rbf738, Mar 17, 2008.

Sorry, I posted this in the domains forum but no one hardly ever replies to anything i say there as opposed to here so I'll ask it quick. Plus I am aiming to use my site for clickbank, so whatevs.

Just does anyone use godaddy for their hosting, I'm a noob with all this and am looking to start a review style site and just decided to go with godaddy for hosting as well as domain purchasing (screw it, all providers suck is what people seem to agree on). My question is which plan should I use, the economy, deluxe, or premium? Obviously I want to get the cheapest which would suit my needs of making a review site with a small handful of subdirectories, I don't know if 10 gig of space is enough or no, makes me think maybe get the deluxe plan for only a couple bucks more:

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?app_hdr=&ci=5652

Again sorry for posting this here if anyone takes issue, but I plan on using this site to review clickbank products and all that/you guys are always more helpful anyway, thanks.

rbf738, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If all you are doing is a review site - you potentially don't even need hosting ;)

You can forward your domain to a wordpress - blogger - automated CMS page and let others host it and offer valuable automation tools. On the flip side once you host it, you have to MAKE the actual site/pages/etc. which is wonderful as it gives you control of each pixel but is now more work.

For the type of stuff you are doing - go for the smallest package you can - you won't reach your limit i can assure you - and if you do that will mean you should be making more than enough money to cover overflow (a beautiful problem to have with a review site btw).

It's good that you are going the manual route - the problem isn't going to be if you have enough space or BW - the problem will be getting traffic, out of this whole forum - the affiliate section is where you'll find the most lucrative and top level intel on how to monetize - stick around.

NC.

NCMedia, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  3. vinruna

vinruna Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you go for a least possible package for a review site.

There are 2 ways in the case of review sites.

1.One Main site having sub domains - Possible in all the packages with godaddy
    2.Different sites for different products - Possible only in Delux plan and above.
    (Using one Hosting plan and hosting multiple domains).

I know that at any point during your membership you can shift between plans and go daddy will charge only from that date.

:) hope this helps .

vinruna, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  4. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10 gigs would be plenty for a review site. If its a fairly basic site, you would probably not need more than 100mb, bu could get 1 gig to be safe.

amedia, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does Blogger or Wordpress(free hosting) have any limit on storage?

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  6. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rbf738,

My solution for thisawesomething.com, is about 7 megabytes in total for just files. This is not counting though, the content held in mysql.

Unfortunately, the site is not a packaged CMS solution, as it was 100% handcoded and customized to fit like a glove to site needs. If you use a CMS program, such s Joomla/Mambo/etc. It will take a bit more space, since it is a fully customizable system. You could probably set up a "virtual showroom" format, which with a few tweaks, can be uber SEO friendly.

I do not use godaddy though. Instead I use a VPS from JaguarPc, which is based in Atlanta's GNAX. I do buy all of my domains through godaddy though.

Tom

TheForexGuy, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  7. S_Amazan

S_Amazan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with GDaddy basic plan to start. I have many sites hosted with them and I never had a problem with bandwith, etc. I have sites that fits the type of site you are planning to set up and I always start with the basic plan and then upgrade to a premium account if need be..
    Good luck
    Stan

S_Amazan, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  8. fisalnk

fisalnk Peon

Best Answers:
    Basic plan is good for now. I doubt you will need more than 10Gig. If needed you can upgrade it i guess.

fisalnk, Mar 17, 2008 IP