1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a new website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Autumn04, Jun 21, 2017.

1. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see now. I didn't get that you meant to add the SSL certificate. And I agree that Google favors https now. They've made that quite clear as of the end of last year.

JoeSpirit, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This certainly makes sense. I may be wrong in my assumption that the OP wants to publish content about products that are completely different from what is on the original site and also products that appeal to completely different customer types.

JoeSpirit, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    maybe, but I get the feeling he thinks he maybe slapped if he upgrades his existing site, so rather updating his site, he
    wants to spin it off into another site, his content maybe different, but that is not the point, he sells pottery related stuff,
    so his content would be pottery related, so now he would have two sites selling pottery stuff. I do not think it is the best
    idea, if you are going to sell pottery stuff, then it all should be on the domain he started off with as I see no real benefits
    or reasons to split the same product among two sites, and it will not benefit the first site as he would then let it sit while
    he works on his 2nd site, and the 1st site will start to degrade over time in search engines due to "lack of updates"....

I am pretty sure the op knows how long it took for his first site to start making money, and setting up a 2nd site with
    similar related products will not be any faster, and it will take just as long to get it going (if not longer...) This is exactly
    why I would just upgrade the first site, and continue with updates! setting up a new site will have no immediate benefits.

however, if he is hell bent on setting up a 2nd site for no real reason, then he could send a backlink from siteA to SiteB
    and that will pass some link juice from his original site to his new site, but do not link SiteB to SiteA (one way link only)

If you have done everything right, then it can take as long
    as a year to get a brand new site off the ground, and this
    will certainly depend on niche, and for this reason, this is why
    I would not setup a 2nd site with similar related products....

I have already gave my thoughts in previous posts...
    at this point, I guess I am just blowing smoke because
    the op is going to do what he wants to do anyways....

dscurlock, Jul 5, 2017 IP