1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a 1 product website and incentivising buyers with affiliate option?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by funguru, Dec 19, 2015.

I want to sell only ONE product (requires shipping) from the website and who ever buys the product is automatically is enrolled for the affiliate system and their email is added to an email list (mailchimp etc). The i would like to automatically send those customers emails encouraging them to spread the word on blogs / social media with their special tracking codes to make money or get discounts on future purchases.

What would be the easiest system to implement, considering i would need an ecommerce shop + Affiliate Signup + Email Marketing. I have used opencart for many multi product store but for this i don't think it will work. Besides, i would like the customers to be automatically be signed up as an affiliate rather then them having to take another step.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

funguru, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  2. Omega One Marketing

Omega One Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    to get the best deal both in quality and in pricing, its best to choose the companies separately both for eCommerce, affiliate sign up and email marketing.
    I think host gator offers good eCommerce. What kind of affiliate signup do you need. Is it for them to signup for your affiliate offer or is it to get some good affiliate offers to put on your website?

Henry

Omega One Marketing, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  3. funguru

funguru Member

Best Answers:
    A great example which comes to my mind is the 1 pages sales websites which were there a couple years back, where you would see the product (usually downloadable) and then testimonials from 20-30 people and then a call to action with a discount. Those pages had a very high conversion and as soon as you bought the product, you were then automatically signed up for affiliate link and you could make money referring people back to the website.. I am looking for something similar but for a physical product and a better shopping experience.

I have heard WP woo commerce would be good for it?

funguru, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  4. SoftMech

SoftMech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @funguru, I have had a few experiences with exactly what you're looking to do. Allow me to explain how I always did it for them. I choose a plain and simple way.

1. First, I created a standard long-style sales page (headline, sub-headline, etc.)
    2. Payment button was a custom PayPal "Buy Now" button.
    3. After payment, customer was sent back to site and using PayPal's IPN, s/he was added to an "affiliate database" as well as added to aweber mailing list.
    4. Through the mailing list, customer is then sent a set of emails over the course of a regular schedule. Emails would start out by thanking them for their purchase. Then asking what they thought of the product and then finally talked about them referring others and earning a commission).

When they refer others, the cycle begins again for the next person. It's very simple, but very effective at the same time. If you would like some assistance, I'd be more than happy to give you a hand.

SoftMech, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  5. funguru

funguru Member

Best Answers:
    Great! so you know exactly what i am talking about.. There are a few issues which you can shed some light on.

1. I would be using a payment method other than PayPal as that is not available to me... but i guess the process would be the same as people would be coming back to a thank you page after their payment is captured. I guess this change would not make any difference.
    2. The customers email is added to an affiliate database.. is this a third party affiliate DB or would it be built in in the shopping cart.. which brings me to the question, since this is a physical product... what would be the best cart to accomplish the check out and affiliate and have the user able to login to check purchase history along with affiliate referrals.
    3. The customers email also gets added to a mailing list (which one do you think works well wit this aweber or mailchimp) and the customer gets a series of emails in given intervals.
    4 I would also want to capture emails on exit for people who do not buy so that i can retarget them via email marketing.. but how can i know when they have bought so that their email is automatically removed from the retargeting and put it in the customers mailing list?

I appreciate your help with this.

funguru, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  6. Omega One Marketing

Omega One Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,
    what you are looking for is like more than 3 different functions by a single platform. I hope there is one platform that can offer all of them. Search for this keyword in search engines. "Affiliate software shopping cart" search in yahoo first. Good luck

Omega One Marketing, Dec 24, 2015 IP