1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making $5000 a Day with Clickbank - Is it Possible?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Chris Munch, Sep 30, 2010.

I often hear people ask is it possible for someone to make x crazy amount with x in a day?

Obviously the answer is always yes (unless you are talking some crazy number like $1 billion dollars a day - only the Federal Reserve can pump out that sort of cash!).

To find out you just have to crunch some numbers. So could someone make $5000 per day on Clickbank.

Let's do the math

Say its a $50 commission (some are more and some are less) then he needs to make 100 sales a day through his affiliate link.

If he is attracting targeted traffic that converts at 5% (some will be higher some will be less depending on traffic source, presell and product) then he will need 2000 targeted visitors per day.

That is 2000 visitors a day direct to the affiliate offer (i.e not to his own landing page). If he sends it to his own landing page, and then to an offer then he'll likely need 2x to 10x the traffic (depending on Click Through Rate).

Even in SEO he could do direct to offer as he could make his own landing page the sales page, and his affiliate link can go direct to the clickbank payment page.

If it converted at 2% then that is 5000 targeted visitors per day.
    (if conversion is lower than 2% then you should question your traffic source and how you have promoted the product - something is wrong - conversions should be high because you are getting targeted traffic to a targeted offer).

Really that is not such a crazy amount of traffic for someone who has been in the industry for a while and is focused on getting that amount of traffic.

If they recycle that traffic (i.e they build a list and resell to them) then they need even less traffic.

It is completely realistic, you just need to know how to get the traffic cheap enough to get a positive ROI with it (could be PPC, PPV, Banner Ads, SEO etc.)

It doesn't need to be clickbank, it could be any affiliate program really.

------------------

I know this is not telling you how to do it, but hopefully it can encourage people to stop asking those sort of questions and just get on with building traffic, and experimenting with monetization methods such as Clickbank.

There's money to be made in almost any niche, and there are endless sorts of traffic. The best thing is to get on with it and stick to it!

Chris Munch, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  2. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Short answer - yes it is. There's tons of ways to do it too not just aff'ing. You can make millions on launches too (as an aff or vendor). Once you find what works, scale like a mofo. You'll never have consistent months of xx,xxx a day or whatever it's always in phases and spikes, however if you can milk a campaign from the start and have found a good path to profit - it's actually not that hard to just scale (though it is risky/scary).

NCMedia, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  3. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had $5000+ days, both as a vendor and as an affiliate. It only happened a few times.

For me, those days came when I was doing a well planned e-mail blast to my list, and I also had a couple of huge PPC days when I got a huge spike of traffic and managed to pull a big number.

The "easiest" way to get 5k+ in a day would be probably to have a big,targeted list, and send them a promotion about a relevant product.

However, I haven't been able to get 5k+ consistently. It is difficult to get this much consistently. Yes, you could probably scale a PPC campaign so that you get 5K+ , however, unless you're a ppc whiz, you might have a hard time scaling the campaign to the extent that you want. It depends a lot on the niche, some niches are hard to scale (but not impossible).

Your math sounds really appealing on paper, but it's not as easy as it looks.

Ripped, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  4. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    The best way is definitely building a list and promoting to them.

webspider20, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  5. Dimon4ever

Dimon4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    5000$ a day - you theory sounds right but it's much harder then you think to find a product (on clickbank) that converts 5 precent with that kind of traffick. From my short expirience you can only expect this type of conversion rate with really longtale keywords like "how to catch your husband cheating online" but where the hell you'll bring that much people from. Also don't forget that your LP click through will not be 100% so you'll actually need more people viting your landing page.

So let's see - you need really targeted niches and ton's of traffick. The only thing I see is to build like 500 extremely tageted campeigns that in combine will bring 5000 hops a day and could convert 5%.

Dimon4ever, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  6. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There's only a few vendors that are earning $5K days and I'm sure you've got enough fingers on both hands to count them.

Theoretically it is possible but it requires tons of knowledge in some of the most profitable niches. (Scaling up is the answer but you'll have tons of things to learn along the way)

Problem is $5K as a vendor would not mean 100 sales if your commission is $8 - $10 per sale. >> That would be more like 500 sales.

Imagine that you'll need at least 50,000 - 100,000 targeted unique visitors to make that amount of sales. (assuming your product overall conversion rate is between 100 - 200 which in the end is what's most likely to be for most products in CB)

Hint! You'll have to carefully pick your niche as you may find it damn hard to find that much amount of daily traffic in most niches.

Bottom line it is possible but why don't you pick a smaller target and stick to it. My experience will tell you that even $1K days are hard to reach with Clickbank if you don't have a huge list to milk on.

evelinawilliams007, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  7. Darkeralice

Darkeralice Peon

Best Answers:
    Your theory also is missing a main issue on clickbank which is refunds.
    even if you do make 100 sales per day as an affiliate you will still lose on average at least 10 on those (sometimes much more depending on the niche , the product and your marketing methods).
    In addition i have seen PPC efforts that bring in even 500-600 sales a day (no kidding)
    but out of that the ROI was 10% which is still a lot of money but much less then the
    xx,xxx$ sales volume. bottom line is that on PPC you can make hundreds of sales a day and still not be making a lot of money doing it.
    Finally , 5% conversion rate is extremely hard to get on any marketing method ,
    maybe possible on a very targeted PPC mailing list but than never lasts long and can hardly considered
    "daily volume" ,
    especially when you are talking about 50$ commission products which is higher then the average pricing on clickbank and very hard to reach 5% conversion on such high prices and also maintaining low refunds at the same time.
    in total the reality is a lot more complicated then your simple page math.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    Darkeralice, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  8. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agree with Alice.

As a vendor, you may get 5% conversion rate for a few affiliates but overall, it will be much much lower no matter what you are told :) And yes you can lose 10% or more sales later on some niches. That doesn't mean all products suck. I have promoted some that have less than 5% refund rate.

Also, around 10% of the affiliate-driven sales are always not tracked and the vendors gain from that. As a result, the big vendors do make much more than $8 - 10 per sale. This is a real fact.

To get 5k per day, you can start with one site, and get it to generate 2 sales a day. Then scale up and build one site after another. It isn't easy but if you also build your list alongside, you will have a lot of big spikes in your earnings graph.

jacky8, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  9. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is more than possible to do this - and chris-tew you have laid out one of the methods of doing it there but as others have said there are loads more ways to make that kind of money.

The best way I think is to have a couple of different methods on the go - and then of course you get the unforseen factors that can happen.

I wish it was a logical as the steps you have provided but most times at least in my experience you will have to build up your income over time unless you have got a responsive list or the right contacts.

Chris

Chri5123, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  10. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with alice.Refunds should also be included.

laxman363, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  11. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the end of the day I think you're making it sound way too simple really. Youre talking about making $1.8MILLION a year, and summing this giant business in a 500 word forum post :)

If you can make $5k a day then not only are you "pretty good" at internet marketing, but youre on your way to becoming one of the most powerful people in the world :p Perhaps not... but if you scale up :p....

I've been in online business for 3 years now, have some successful, and profitable sites, I've had a few $5k+ days, but only here and there, as part of launches (either my own, or promoting for others) and special occasions (thanksgiving sales / christmas etc) but certainly not all of the time...

Its not that I don't think it's possible, of course it is, but only with time experience, and a big infrastructure and very careful and strategic planning, partnerships and expirimentation which results in a solid fine tuned formula.

Dan Bainbridge, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  12. lqbk

lqbk Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a Chinese idiom saying "Discuss war strategies on paper" . So you have done that. lol !

But in reality, it will be totally different. This type of simple math example, we can easily think of.

lqbk, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  13. Cleberl1

Cleberl1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's very very difficult... As said above is $1.8 million per year, I would stay very surprised to find someone earning this huge profit, maybe $1k or even $2k per day is possible for some people. The day that I start earning $5k per month I'll be very happy. :D

Cleberl1, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  14. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are doing really well! Congrats.

Personally I think the best way to scale is by building a solid recurring traffic source. No traffic source is without risks, but PPC is one of the riskier sources to scale, outsource, manage and maintain. The rules constantly change, it is hard to outsource, competition can fluctuate, and ROI can jump around a lot - overall it takes a lot of time to maintain. You do indeed need to be a PPC master to make it happen, and there are plenty out there.

Personally I think building a more stable traffic source through having your own recurring visitors through a blog and email list (essentially a strong brand built by being useful), as well as mixing in SEO which is generally more stable than PPC if you cover the longtail in mass (but not without its difficulties) and since it is very content based is much easier to outsource. I'd still use PPC though, but really keep it efficient with the 80/20 Pareto principle.

For those thinking I was suggesting it was easy or over simplifying it - my point wasn't about how easy or simple it is, just that it can be done. So many people waste time wondering how much they could earn in any particular business model and obsess over it as being impossible. Truth is in all the established online business models there's money to be made if you go after it.

Chris Munch, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  15. TravisG

TravisG Peon

Best Answers:
    Since most of us don't have big lists, probably the best way to go is two steps. Step one, use other methods to make a decent amount in commissions, say, enough to rent a list. Step two, send an email to that targeted list with your offer, and watch it lead to $5000 days.

TravisG, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  16. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to rent a list. You can build up large lists quite passively with targeted traffic from various sources. It just takes time.

Chris Munch, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  17. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a target like that takes time and lots of advertising..

To reach that target, we would have to promote products that pays at least $50 and converts well.

So the main thing we would need is traffic and lots of targeted traffic.

If we break it down, $5000 /50 = 100 Sales per day.
    We can either get one product that pays at least $50 and try to make 100 sales of that one product
    or we can find 5 products and try to make 20 sales each per day. (sounds easier)

That's one way

The other way is to have a hot product and get tons of super affiliates to promote it. Say you have a decent
    product and after clickbank fees and affiliate commissions you are making at least $10.

All you would need is about 50 affiliates making 10 sales each per day.
    i.e 50 x 10 x $10 = $5000

Either way, it is not an easy task!!!

powfada, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  18. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's possible everyone can make a lot money with clickbank , as you ncmedia said there are tons of methods for earning money with it, the best way is squeez page and email marketing you will make a lot money with this methods ofcourse product is important . when you experienced with affiliates then can promote your product as vendor .

mt33, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  19. amirhach

amirhach Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But how i build the list?

amirhach, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  20. Writingmodels

Writingmodels Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this opportunity open to those outside the US?

Writingmodels, Oct 12, 2010 IP