1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make your first cj sale in your first month (how to guide)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by 1EightT, Jul 30, 2007.

1. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Still can't access the members only area though. Ah well, I'll wait till Brian gets back.

lapsaJ, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    members area works fine. There are a couple dozen people online. Must be your isp.

1EightT, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I usually target a specific affiliate per domain. We sort of. I normally test an affiliate with about 5 domains initially. If it converts I build more. If you find a very high converting niche product though there is no reason why you couldn't or shouldn't build multiple domains for a single product.

1EightT, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  4. ahtiu

ahtiu Peon

Best Answers:
    regarding 2) , what does the light promotion comprise of ? what is appropriate in this case, thanx

ahtiu, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  5. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant via a proxy. I've sent you a PM.

lapsaJ, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally I do nothing besides what is built into the software. I use an interlinking script from our members area, and that's it. Others will ping their sitemaps to get the sites some attention, or get them a link from one of their white hat sites. It doesn't take much to get the ball rolling. Right now we have a lengthy thread where everyone is having a competition to see who gets indexed fastest and stays the longest. The results of that will be useful for everyone.

1EightT, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. ahtiu

ahtiu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi fren,
    when you say target a specific affiliate per domain , what does the term "affiliate" stands for ? isn't affiliate a product as in affiliate product ?

Sorry for being slow as I m juz starting out to learn..

ahtiu, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  8. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Affiliate as in affiliate program. Your typical affiliate has hundreds if not thousands of products. Our cj scraper for example only works with affiliates that have a product catalog. There are thousands that do though ;). You can also import datafeeds with our software so don't just go with cj. Try share a sale, linkshare, moreniche, etc. There are thousands of affiliate programs out there, and they all work with our software. We have 4 different methods of importing keywords :)

1EightT, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  9. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like we've got a couple spots open. Get in while you can. We're getting a pretty solid core of regular users. The majority of members have been with us for 6 months or more. We just have to weed out the people that aren't serious until we get to our core group of 100 and permanently close the doors.

1EightT, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  10. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow!

Seems awesome.

If I wasn't so broke trying to earn some money then I'd spend some and get rich.

Quick Question: How do you get .edu backlinks?

tushardhoot1, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  11. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    We have a built in system we created that automatically gets .edu links for the sites built. you can turn it on and off from the settings section.

1EightT, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  12. BribeMe

BribeMe Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a member of sec myself, not making any money but it's my own lazy ass fault :)

I would suggest everyone to sign up, i plan to make my money back (200-300 bucks for domains vps, and the program cost) Within one month, I'm taking it slower than most people it seems, but I'm fine with that.

The potential is there, will you abuse it or let other beat you to the money? :O

BribeMe, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    It's definitely there to take advantage of. It really comes down to how much you want to make via the effort you put in. Some people just want a little extra monthly expense money, others are earning a living off of it.

1EightT, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  14. sweetangel

sweetangel Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been done reading all pages of this thread and it makes me really excited to jump in.

I don't have any experienced in affiliate marketing and really wanted to try this for a long time and maybe now I just need to.

some questions:
    Will it affect if you're not based in the US? such as declined by advertisers?
    If I'll use your free hosting to save me for vps cost, will I still be earning considering spending like 10 hours daily with this?
    Or what are the advantages if you have your own vps and how much would be the cheaper one we could choose?
    Is there a member who haven't got any sale in a month, is this possible?

thanks

sweetangel, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  15. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    1) I haven't seen any negative effect by being in another country. We actually have members in 29 countries at the moment.

2) The free hosting is fine to start with. I owuld consider getting a vps when you can though. There are so many domains on the hosted servers that it takes linger to get initial traffic.

3) Most of our members have a vps. From what I have seen in our server forum, they start around 30 dollars a month. Most can handle at least a couple hundred domains once configured.

4) Sure, it's possible. Some people don't put forth any effort. Most people that cancel have 5 or fewer domains. Of course their odds of making a sale with that little effort are going to be low. It's a numbers game. I try to make that very clear up front. I also have a "noobie guide" that gives pretty detailed ideas of how to be a success. If you build some domains, read the forums, and ask questions it's pretty easy to be successful. It's when people are afraid to ask questions, don't read the forums, etc that they have problems. :)

1EightT, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  16. alexjdb

alexjdb Active Member

Best Answers:
    You pretty much sold me to it. I just have 2 questions:

1) I want to boost traffic for a website of mine. Will SSEC help me do this ?

2) Is everything needed included in the 69/month membership ? (besides domains and VPS)

Thanks,
    AlexJDB

alexjdb, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  17. Proxyhub

Proxyhub Peon

Best Answers:
    yes.. 69/mo is VERY expensive... but was very interested till i saw price. :(

Proxyhub, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  18. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Not for the amount of money people are making :D

Also, another similar service charges 2000 bucks per month, granted they have hosting, but still :eek:

zerk, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  19. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I thought I would come to this thread and actually learn a little something - little did I know its just 1EighT spreading his blackhat lameness again lol.

But on a positive note, judging from the value you are giving your members, $69 does not seem like a hefty price what-so-ever.

If someone feels $69 dollars a month is too much to put down to make some extra money, then maybe the webmaster business isn´t the right career path for you. I heard Walmart is hiring ... ;)

aletheides, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  20. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    We have hosting included in the 69 dollar a month price. I suggest you get your own vps at some point, but you are welsome to start on ours and stay as long as you want.

1EightT, Aug 19, 2007 IP