1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make your first cj sale in your first month (how to guide)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by 1EightT, Jul 30, 2007.

1. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    The cloaking is easy. You just enter the url you want the traffic sent to. :)

The members forums are a great resource. I would spend some time there reading as much as you can ;)

1EightT, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1eight, I am interested. I would love to hear from people who have joined from this thread and hear what thier experience has been so far, ie what is the learning curve like and how much money have they spent and of course any profits...............
    Thanks
    Plz feel free to pm me if you prefer!
    Mark

Mark Davies, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. gadgetguru

gadgetguru Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info.........man!!!

gadgetguru, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    You guys might also want to stop by our forums and chat with the users of the software. They will give you straight answers. You aren't going to be able to view the member forums, but you can still talk to the people using it. I don't think many of them visit digitalpoint on a regular basis.

1EightT, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  5. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright here's my update on this:

I purchased this I think 7 days ago now. No money yet, but here's some reasons why.

I started on the free hosting provided by SSEC. Basically after reading the forums it is very apparent that thebest success comes from getting a VPS server. So after setting up about 50 domains I went ahead and moved to a VPS. I bought it 3 days ago, updated the name servers about 2 days ago and *I* am still waiting on the DNS to update. I have another 50 domains purchased, just waiting for my availability to access my installation domain, which everyone but me can currently get into. Grrr. So that part is annoying.

As for the learning curve, it takes about 2 days of reading and fidgeting around to know what you're diong. Within a week you could probably get 50 domains setup pretty quickly. Second week probably a hundred much more easily, and just grow after that.

Some people claim earnings in about a few days, others about 2-3 weeks. It seems to me that they get a sale. two sales the next day and after that it just sky rockets.

As for financials... It is 69 per month, plus the cost of .info domains and basically... the cost of a VPS. So far I've invested 236.50 into this project.

Theres many many people making a lot of money very quickly and seemingly very easily after one does the work. Theres people making 100+ a day under 2 months with about 100 domains, maybe a little more. There's people making anywhere from 3-9000 a MONTH.

Once my DNS updates, I will be creating like a madman. Its annoying to me that this is taking so long. Thats my only regret, having the DNS take forever to update. Ill be posting once I see some results on sales as well.

zerk, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I wonder if your issue is the same as the problem cj had with comcast the other day. Comcast needs to get on the ball as far as dns updates ;)

1EightT, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  7. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have 2 tips for you about the DNS thing

1- Access cPanel through the ip instead of the domain name.
    2- Restart your router - unplug it then plug it back and in most cases this will work.

3 days are long enough for the DNS to propagate already

Scriptona, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  8. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    We've had him flush dns, access via ip, etc. He can get into all of the domains via a proxy, and everyone else can access them. It just seems that comcast is holding up the show.

1EightT, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  9. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    @ 1EightT I contacted comcast, the guy said he knew nothing off the error with cj.com ... I rolled my eyes at that one. So I still don't know if they are related. You're on comcast aren't you? And you can access?

@ tech I've done both... Nothing has worked that should have. Ip doesnt work either.

zerk, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  10. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't how this program works. But in my experience, it was never easy for me to make a sale on products from CJ. I use hosting referrals on my site from CJ and in the last 3 months, even with targeted traffic, i haven't had a single sale. 400 clicks and no sale. So, i don't how people claim to make money from CJ so fast?

This post has nothing to with the program but im just posting my CJ and CPA experience.

web_dev, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  11. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Web... I have yet to make a penny. But VERY truely onestly, if you are already into CJ and already do work for it, give this a try... From what I read, the results are amazing in these members forums and everyone is WAY more friendly then I ever would have thought.

P.S. my server is letting me back in now :) ANNNDDD Im going to be making sites all night. Bye!

zerk, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  12. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will ban cloaked website, which is normal. How many domains should we build by month, and normally how long last a domain at google with this script?

jonixkonios, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  13. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Suggested to start with no less than 50. People making 100 bucks have built over 100 domains, which isnt that hard.

And building domains itself is a weird way to say it. You start with a niche, build the keywords, and cloan more domains with those keywords. So you might have 100 sites, but only 20 different keyworded niches, 80 cloans.

Most say domains last months. As for domains per month, the more you make, the more you earn. Im working on domains 50-100 TONIGHT they will be up.

zerk

zerk, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  14. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    It's what i thought, nothing new or hidden golden chicken here.
    Thanks zerk.

jonixkonios, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  15. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    One of our top earners that has posted his earnings has 1400 total domains pointed at one affiliate program and he pulls in 9K a month. Most users put up 50-100 domains per month after their initial month including myself. Here is what I have found to be the most successful:

1) Setup 50 or so domains the first month for at least 10 different affiliates. So 5 or so domains for each affiliate.

2) Do some light promotion and see which affiliates convert.

3) Take the converting merchants and build 10+ domains for each of them at minimum.

4) Diversify. You now have a few converting merchants bringing in a monthly income. Now stretch out and build more domains for new affiliates. This way you are always growing in a positive direction. Don't ignore your older converting merchants, keep building, but also build diversity and find new merchants to work with.

That's what I do, and that's what the top earners on our forum do. If you don't overdo the promotion you can expect the domains to last quite some time. I have domains that are almost 8 months old still converting today and listed in all three major search engines. Sometimes people overdo the promotion, make someone angry and lose a domain quickly, but the bottom line is ROI. The domains can easily be had for under a dollar a piece. It isn't difficult to turn that into a positive ROI following what I have posted above. The user making 9K a month from his 1400 domains is making back 6 times his investment his first month, and every month after that is 100 percent profit. It's rare to find that kind of ROI these days. I spent 40K on adwords arbitrage last year and didn't come close to the ROI that I now make using the software.

1EightT, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  16. jack7

jack7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you target a specific affiliate per domain or one product per domain ?

jack7, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  17. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there something wrong with the ssec website? I can't access it, but others can. :S

lapsaJ, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  18. jack7

jack7 Peon

Best Answers:
    it works fine here ..

jack7, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  19. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still getting a "Server not found"

lapsaJ, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  20. jack7