1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make your first cj sale in your first month (how to guide)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by 1EightT, Jul 30, 2007.

1. phish3rz

phish3rz Peon

Best Answers:

Can you provide me with any tips and advice on how you get started with Blog / Ping websites? I have currently just 2 domains regarding credit cards and how to make hydrogen fuel that I update manually now and again to try and get some adsense money. Am I doing the right thing?

phish3rz, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Pinging sites is really just a quick method to get some search engine activity on your site. It isn't really going to bring any long term traffic as you need to do some link building for that. Credit Cards or anything finance related is qoing to be quite difficult for you to rank well for. I would personally set up some cloaked sites using several thousand related keywords for your niche and use that to generate some traffic for your sites.

1EightT, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is how it all actually works. I can't believe this thread has gotten so many posts. If it was how it worked would not the big brains of Google or Yahoo! say?: Hey you do not need us, just make a few dubious blogs, email a hundred of people, post a couple of ads on YouTube and boom! you are successful.

It just doesn't work that way. Trust me, after about 5 years of continuous AdWords advertising, having my site(s) indexed and what not, I have not seen a real profit outside of direct linking with pages that had high quality score. You have to spend money on advertisement to get money. There's just NO WAY around it.

vitalbusiness, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what actually cracks me up. When someone has MFA sites in their signature you can rest assured that there's nothing, absolutely nothing, you can glean from those individuals. Just dump their opinion as non-existent.

5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep wasting your money living under your rock ;)

1EightT, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:

Who has an MFA site in their signature? I certainly do not. I haven't touched that garbage in years. Affiliate marketing is far more lucrative.

1EightT, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  7. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I was referring to http://www.proxyblend.com/ . Check it out.

8. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Proxyblend is a proxy site, not a MFA site. I use it to drive traffic to one of my social sites I run.

1EightT, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  9. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure I am even getting what you are saying. Driving what to what again?

vitalbusiness, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  10. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Alright, i'll type slower :)

The proxy site is promoted via the usual methods, which in turn averages 6-8K uniques a day. By default, as an experiment the address filled into the address bar on the proxy site is a social media site our company has developed. In turn, many people that have never heard of our site end up visiting simply because of the default url entered into the proxy. Proxy sites are widely known to attract an audience of adults and children which are seeking ways to look at social sites both from wok and school. By placing our social media site on our proxy we are delivering quite a bit of highly converting traffic. Pretty simple, but again, something I did as an experiment. It worked well, so i've left it up. We've seen several thousand uniques per month making it from the proxy site directly to our social media site as a direct result. It's basic marketing. You have to think outside the box if you want to succeed, but then again, what would I know, right? Don't make assumptions about something just because you clearly have no understanding of it. I've been highly successful in internet marketing for going on 10 years now. I make my full time living online which has paid for my two houses, my Corvette, and everything else I have. It gives me the freedom to travel and enjoy quality time with my family. You wouldn't know that though because you came into this thread making blanket assumptions without any facts or prior knowledge before hand. I hope that this serves as a lesson for you in the future. Otherwise you just end up looking silly ;)

1EightT, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  11. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    By the way, that isn't at all how our software works, or how we drive traffic. We don't touch youtube, blogs or anything else you listed in fact. We build sites specifically for the sole purpose of driving traffic from search engines. We use common on page and off page seo practices coupled with a powerful ip based cloaking solution. I used to spend 100K+ a year on adwords advertising (I even have a google refrigerator in my house and a certificate from google for my 1 millionth conversion with them, so i'm actually very familiar with adwords for advertising.) Having said that, I now make as much as I did back then, but with a fraction of the outlay for advertising. Now I spend a couple thousand a year on domains and target my traffic using our software. I would be more than happy to discuss the specifics with you if you are done with the attempted attacks and are in fact ready to learn a little bit. If not, that's ok too, i'm sure google would miss all the money you are giving them each month ;)

1EightT, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some dreams too... I wonder what it will be like to orbit the Earth with Richard Branson. Ahhh... what the heck, I am going to set it as my goal.

Do you have a family? What's your wife's name?

13. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

No need. Not interested at all. You are not even close where I thought you were. Good luck!

14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    My wife is Pamela and My son is Jared. http://www.publicblend.com/users/BrianL/photos

1EightT, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  15. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
  16. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Whatever helps you sleep ;)

1EightT, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  17. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way "Wow, you are really prepared. Thanks." was spoken with what is known as sarcasm.

18. llank

llank Peon

Best Answers:
    Vitalbusiness why do you have to go attack 1EightT? He is answering all of your questions and defending all the crap you spit at him. Why don't you man up and post something about you? Thought so... To comment on the service I actually did purchase a monthly subscription. They really have a good piece of software and you will only know if you try it.

llank, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  19. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol vitalbusiness you do make me laugh.

First Bans now this ..

WharfeValley Systems, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  20. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

By they way you are not supposed to say "Sponsors" over the Google AdSense ads in your site(s). I am amazed some people still keep doing that. They are not your "Sponsors". You can put: "Sponsored Links", "Sponsored Ads" (it's in the TOS). You have to know the basics before diving into some serious stuff. I can email AdSense today with your link and in a few days you will get and email from them telling you that your business structure is not what they want and, thus, you are banned.