1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make your first cj sale in your first month (how to guide)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by 1EightT, Jul 30, 2007.

1. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I do agree that numbers fluctuate. But my goal is to fluctuate between 100+ a day and 200 a day... which many of these members do, rather than 30 to 100 per day.

Does the tool make sales ... yes. How much is sort of up to the time and effort and money invested. The title of the thread is in no way misleading. hoenstly, would your rather see MAKE A SALE WITHIN A MONTH or these idiotic posts "pay me $5 and I'll teach you how to make $3,125 in 76 hours.". Honestly? It is much more realistic and easily attainable. The key that people keep avoiding is growth. You build in numbers of sites over time, hopefully each round finding out what will make them last the longest in Google... I have sites over 65 days old in google (info domains).... but google isn't the only search engine, it just comes the fastest :). As i said, I started fresh with EVERYTHING about two months ago because at school I let things just get stagnent and server get hacked and all that fun stuff :) I'd rather have drank a beer than pay the bills... haha.

Regardless, there's my story so far... ill update on how my two week old sites are doing in about a month or so (along with earnings).

zerk, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Really? I see hundreds of posts in this forum from people that have spent a year or more trying to get to their 100 dollar adsense payout mark. in fact, that sort of thing is not uncommon at all here on digitalpoint. We've been in business for over two years, and we sell a quality product that we stand behind. I could easily come here like every other idiot and claim that you will make millions of dollars by morning with no effort, but guess what? It isn't going to happen. We have members that make 14K a month using our software that have been with us for well over a year. In fact, a large portion of our users have been with us for well over a year. My title here is worded as such because it's a realistic goal that someone new to affiliate marketing can relate to. Can you make several thousand your first month? Absolutely! I've seen it happen time and time again. We have a new member simon that is on his second month with us and he's consistently making 200+ a day with a new goal of 500 a day. It takes work and requires you to read and participate on the forums, whish is something few are actually willing to do.

Anyhow, at this point with our member base and the number of satisfied users over the past two years, i'm proud of what we sell, and I stand behind it. It needs no other justification. If you decide to join I hope you put forth honest effort, if that isn't the plan, then honestly, I would rather save the open spot for someone else.....

1EightT, Jul 21, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Sadie, I invite you to come talk to some of our actual users on our forums. Ask them questions, talk to them about their experience. I think hearing from real people that use the software will speak for itself.

Oh, and I gave the 30 percent discount as a courtesy to digitalpoint forum members. I get several pm's a day asking for discounts from people here so they can check things out. I want to make our software as accessible as possible to the broadest range of people possible. A discounted first month does just that. Once they come in and see the earnings potential, I am confident that they will stay with us long term, and that is really all that matters in the scheme of things.

1EightT, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  4. sadiegirl

sadiegirl Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I took you up on your offer to see what members have to say.. and was very impressed that "EVERYONE" and I mean everyone had nothing but accolades to shower onto SSEC... such as "Awsome", "Unbelievable", "I just made a thousand dollars today".

The only thing that bothered me was after reading page after page of attaboys to SSEC... I could not find one single negative comment such as "Oops.. just got 1,000 domains banned." or "I had 60,000 pages in google last night and not one got a search engine hit today.." so I must agree that SSEC is the first forum ever to have "ZERO" negative commets.....

Notice the negative comment above about DP...
    <quote>
    @ duler - the best affiliate marketing guides are in forums. This forum is huge, and it is often difficult to find good information. On DP, there is so much speculation, and nobody ever reveals good stuff.
    </quote>

Note that when someone makes a negative contact about how sorry DP is.... it remains... its still there today... maybe that is because.. Dp knows they cannot please everyone all of the time... but course at SSEC management does have comment elimination control (not that they would use it)... but it is just possible that some editing/deletion is going on.. but what do I know.

Attaboy... SSEC... the only forum in existence to have "Zero" negative comments... or maybe you have to pay to get in to see the comments like "AW shit another thousand bans... but not to worry .... I made 50k yesterday so I will just buy 100k more domains today.... he he...

Maybe there are some negative comments way down deep... but after reading 500 attaboys I got sick and left... I trust a forum more when a few negative contents here and there appear... as no one is perfect... except SSEC.

Still waiting for one of the newbies that left here to join to come back and tell us what its all about..
    And by the way "Jerk" I mean "Zerk" if you are not on the payroll (staff for SSEC) you should be... you are a great salesman...

Sorry Zerk... just a joke.. but had to throw it in based on your derogatory uncalled for comments from yesterday:
    <quote>
    you bums who'd rather bitch than spend a dime to make a quarter.
    </quote>

I prefer to look at is as "The Super Intelligent BUMS" who research before they jump... that way we smart ones don't buy everything that comes on the street without knowing for sure its value.... it wastes tuition funds to buy every thing you get hit with... however its nice to have so much money that you can do that...

One fellow made $2000 in two weeks and scrapped SSEC and moved on to bigger and better just above... must be nice..

While visiting the site I noted some what I call unusual facts..
    Total members = 3,311
    Active members = 242
    Am I reading this wrong or does that mean that 80% of the folks who joined since day 1 (3311/242) have failed and moved on and even worse since the total subscribers are supposed to be limited at 100... why is there 242 active members.... maybe the real story is (3311/100) meaning 90 per cent of the members have quit already.
    But who knows what the numbers really mean.... and who cares.... just give it a try... and if it works great ... if not move on like most of the others did already..

But not to worry... we are offering a 30% discount for you DP guys to get some new blood..
    And the nice thing about DP is neither SSEC nor DP will delete these comments.... as they are just my opinion and everyone has one.... does not mean they are right.. but that is my opinion.
    I guarantee you it I had signed up as a visitor on SSEC and asked these type of searching questions the post would never have seen the light of day... If you don't believe me, go to SSEC and sign in as a visitor and make any comment such as "I heard last week that several members had a ton of domains banned... can anyone here confirm or deny this.... that post will never show up.... just the question... much less the answer... that cannot be allowed.. it would contaminate the perfect Positive record...

sadiegirl, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess you have never run a forum of your own. Before the last vbulletin update we had literally dozens of spam bots signing up daily. This has now been taken care of in the 3.7.x releases of the forum software. We haven't had anywhere NEAR that many subscribers in the past two years.

As for negative comments, you don't have access to the members only area where we discuss things like bannings and such, which of course will happen. Go ahead and post whatever you like on the forums, they are completely uncensored in every way.

You seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands. Not sure what is up with the personal vendetta here. We have many VERY satisfied customers that have been with us for a year or more. Talk to them, don't rely on me. I have nothing to hide or try to sell you here. If you spent half the time you have on this thread using the software you probably would have already made some money ;)

Anyhow, if you have any real questions, please let me know. I'm really not here to sell you on something you have no interest in.

Again, I invite you to come to the forums, voice some of your questions, concerns, opinions, then get feedback from real users that have used the software. You still haven't done that..

1EightT, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. pascalos

pascalos Peon

Best Answers:
    well you are right its your opinion ...

im in ssec since near 2 years ( i believe lol )

i make near 10-15k/month (after removing charge ...)

i have nothing to prove to you and no time to lose ,im enough trusted in the ssec community for answering you and shut your mouth saying stupid thing ...

about the forum ;you don't have access to the forum with all data coz you are not suscribed ...and yes there is some "wtf ive been banned by google thread" in the members section

anyways i never saw brian "hardmoderating" the server ,and you cant imagine the stupid thing we ask !!!!!

anyways plz don't susbcribe with us ....

pascalos, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  7. nyx

nyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Then move on and find something else to do a little more worthwile then spending 30 minutes writing a scathing post.

BTW, a lot of those "total members" are just people who come by to see what SSEC is about or out of general curiosity. It doesn't mean they were ever a member of SSEC just because they sign up to be a forum member.

nyx, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. airforcematt

airforcematt Active Member

Best Answers:
    The folks that have left the program bother you as well eh? Well let me lay it out for you. The majority of people that join SSEC don't have the backbone and\or work ethic to bust their butt to make it work. Yes I said it takes work - it's a great TOOL but in the end it comes down to it's still just a TOOL, it's how you use it that counts.
    Example
    Last year I joined ssec. I bought a dedicated server and a ton of domains. Then I sat on my ass and did nothing - Lost some money due to my laziness and ended up quitting. About a month ago I signed back up with a goal of actually putting the work in. As of this point I'm hovering around the 75% of break even point. The main reason I'm still at that point is that my real job (military) has been crazy of late and I've only built a few sites. I *AM* seeing cash flow from the few I've built however and it's given me the encouragement to build more (lots more)
    Bottom line - the tool works. Its what you do with it that counts. Sitting on the outside crying about member totals will never prove anything.

PS - please don't join. Don't want to have to deal with someone so negative as yourself in the members section.

airforcematt, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  9. click22

click22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Look..... there is no, if ands, or buts about it, the software simply works... If your lazy and don't want to make this a long term situation.... don't sign up. If you can't follow directions... don't sign up... If your looking for an overnight miracle... don't sign up. If you constantly look for excuses and never take action.... don't sign up because no one is going to baby sit your ass and your bank acct most probably reflects your efforts. If your looking to learn real techniques to make money online... not bs ebooks.. then sign up. If your looking to understand the search engines with real time research and testing.... sign up. If your looking to create a real network of automated income and learn how to think outside the box and maintain it..... then sign up..... it's that simple...

Most people won't get what i'm talking about... it's not for you.. because your not serious about taking your knowledge base to another level... those who understand where i'm coming from we welcome you because your drive to learn will be the fuel for your success.

To me it was a no brainer when I joined... Their is no where on the internet that you will find the kind of information that is in the members forum or such a given community for $69 a month trust me.... it's all there (you just have to be willing to put the work in). ssec is not the end all... what it did for me was it taught me how to think outside of the box and apply those ideas almost instantly. Bottom line is if your serious about L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G..... YOU WILL MAKE MONEY...AND IT'S A STEP A LONG THE PATH. Like other member said the software is a tool.... if you leave the tool in it's tool box you will never build anything. It's the application of the tool that leads to your success. If you've never built a website from the ground up or installed a simple wordpress blog and configured it then you won't fully understand the power of ssec. It's a BEAST!!! :eek::eek::eek:

click22, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  10. miker99

miker99 Peon

Best Answers:
    sadiegirl, you've been offered a 30% discount so if you are interested it won't cost you much to check it out. The info in the forums is worth the $69 on it's own.

Seems silly to spend this much time debating SSEC members when you don't really understand what it's all about. There are also ways to spend much less money on domains by using sub domains.

miker99, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  11. deedbr

deedbr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been a member at SSEC for about a year. In that time a good percantage of the membership has never changed.

But there is probably 20%-30% (total guess) turn over every few months.

Is this a problem with the software?

Nope.

But this software is not for everyone. You will need to work.

At the very basic level it gets you traffic. How targeted is the traffic and how much that traffic makes you money depends on you.

If you join and pick the worst niches, you pick merchants with horrible landing pages, you do poor keyword research then this software will do nothing for you.

But I can't think of many programs that can make you money when you bomb on all the basics.

Yet members do join and they have no idea on any of the basics. Most of the people in the forum are very helpful but I don't know many who will actually tell someone - here is my niche - here is my best merchants- here is my landing pages- here are the exact keywords I use - come and take my business away.

So if you have a master of the basics but just need traffic this program will probaby work for you.

If you don't want to or just can't do the basics or market research then SSEC will probably not work for you.

However, if you don't want to put the work in I did receive an email today in my digital point box "Blackhat Traffic WSO: Make Up TO $1,000 Per Day [F.R.E.E]".

This might be more up your alley.

Just wanted to add something that you can take with a grain of salt.

Since I joined SSEC I have not purchased any -WSO, traffic software, ebooks, forum memberships, anything promising riches.

The only purchases I have made have been to make me more effecient. I have limited time to work because of my kids. So the time I do work I need to be as productive as possible. So all purchases have been in that light.

One of the best things about SSEC is I have never been tempted by any of the guru emails and other promotions.

deedbr, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  12. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #1 your supposed standing in the SSEC community is quite unimportant... that does not qualify you as a reliable source... no offense.

#2 your attitude is not needed. For someone who supposedly has no affiliation with SSEC(other than being a member) you get aweful upset about people bad-mouthing them.

Believe me I can only guess from your post here...

With "us"? So you are affiliated with SSEC?

visio, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  13. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have the info to make your decision. If you want to learn more and potentially make a load of money then do. If your not interested dont post. Pretty simple.

Pasc is not affiliated with Ssec. By 'us' he means the community that uses ssec.

WharfeValley Systems, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Pascalos is in no way affiliated with SSEC. He HAS been a member for well over a year however. I think by "us" he is speaking about the community which he feels a part of. Nice try though.

1EightT, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  15. polymorphs

polymorphs Peon

Best Answers:
    Visio - got any other great conspiracy theories or do you limit yourself to someone who's second language is English using us in a semi-vague way i.e. referring to the collective community in SSEC as 'us' as opposed to just those employed by the company.

And just so you know, and I will be clear here, I am not employed by SSEC (in fact I pay them each month to be a member and use the software) and I will continue to do so - if Brian would let me I would gladly pay the next 12months fees tomorrow I am that confident I am not going anywhere. But I too refer to it as 'us' as the members there like RTOCC, Pasc, Simon, deedbr, miker99, zerk, airforcematt, thumper (I think I only named the ones who post here - sorry if I outed anyone lol) are the closest to a real online community I have ever come across.

As to whether it works or not - certainly does. I know no one knows me, so don't really care if you believe this or not, but I signed up at SSEC based on this thread at DP a few months ago. I will admit to knowing absolutely nothing about SEO when I did, nothing about cloaking, nothing about servers, nothing about subdomains even - I had installed some scripts and done some blogging that was it as far as online experience went. I didn't even have an adsense account, so I wasn't just not making any money online, I was a complete virgin and hadn't even made my first penny.

Hell the first thing I had to do after joining SSEC was read through a lot of very useful material (a task Zerk has just made easier for new people - you'll know what I mean if you join). The second thing I had to do was apply to some Affiliate Marketing programs - yep I was such a newb I hadn't even heard of let alone joined CJ.

By following the advice in the forums, and asking dumb questions (and getting used to pasc's good natured flaming), and being willing to take some risks I am now well and truly making a tidy profit. Sure, not enough to quit my day job, but enough so that my wife has been able to put off going back to work for an extra 6 months (at least) after the birth of our second child - so she can stay at home for 18months, not 12 as planned.

And all this has been done in 3 months, with no skills or experience to speak of and while maintaining a day job that consumes 12 hours a day, not to mention a toddler and a baby in the house which tend to consume a far bit of my spare time as well.

Also, because Sadie makes a big deal out of costs I would just like to point out that I use a mix of free subs ( a few hundred of them so far - they are yet to be banned anywhere) and subs on my own aged tld's (these are blogs that I have had for a while) as my SSEC domains - and so far in 4 months I have had a told on 1 tld domain sandboxed by google for 30 days, and therefore the 20 subs it had on it got banned. But to be honest I just spent 10 mins cloning the banned ones, removed them from the tld and submitted the tld to google for re-inclusion, which they did inside a week. So far from spending 1000's on domains for SSEC I have spent about $50 for someone else to register me some free subs because I was too lazy to do it myself and all the other domains I already had (hell some of them I bought from here already with aged sites on them before I even joined SSEC and found a proper use for them). In the spirit of being completely honest I have recently found myself in possession of a large number of infos that I will be using for SSEC - didn't need them, but I have them now and so will be using them (actually as I have been typing this missive the first 200 of these have been setup, uploaded and are being installed automatically and slowly over the next few days).

I realise this has been a long post but it really annoys me when people like Sadie and Visio go looking for conspiracy theories or try and twist every little answer to be something dark and sinister and the have the audacity to accuse everyone who is an SSEC member who actually says what their experiences are of either being liars, on the payroll of SSEC or having some other motive.

What you have in SSEC is a great piece of software, with excellent support and a community like none other I have ever come across on line, and a way to make some decent ( or very very good) money online provided you are willing to make an effort and aren't looking for stupid get rich quick scheme. So join 'us', or not, your choice, but I hope you will notice all the members that have come on here and been honest about there experiences and not be swayed by some people pretending that they are interested in the software and then just post misleading stuff about it all the time.

Cheers (and if you sign up I hope you say g'day on the forums) and if you have a query by all means pm me if you want.

polymorphs, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  16. WharfeValley Systems

Best Answers:
    Bah you didnt mention me (ahh this is because no one knows my true potential!!)

muah

I had actually forgotten that this thread was the one that got me to sign up for ssec! First few months a mixture of learning and me being a bit lazy led to me breaking even or so. Last 3 months have been A LOT better. Seeing the $4000+ figure at the top of my CJ screen at the end of each month keeps me happy :D and its growing!

WharfeValley Systems, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  17. nyx

nyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Visio,

You are such the supersleuth...the true Zorro! Was the tv show based on you alone? Can I get your autograph? No offense but, shouldn't you be defending people of the land? And if you are the REAL Zorro, couldn't you figure out this blackhat SEO stuff easily on your own? You trickster! Ha!

Kisses and Hugs!

Nyx

nyx, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  18. nyx

nyx Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

nyx, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  19. polymorphs

polymorphs Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry wharfevalley - didn't want to give away your true SSEC identity, lest you be accused of being a stooge on the payroll as well lol.

nyx - is that Pasc on his way to the SSEC conference?

polymorphs, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  20. WharfeValley Systems

Best Answers:
    hahaha love that pic!

WharfeValley Systems, Jul 25, 2008 IP