1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make over $5000 a month from a Forum

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rhoula, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like an excellent idea. I've never thought of that before.

I agree with you 1000% you are right. That is why I changed the topic of the forums to General Forums.

Could I still have a forum and use affiliate programs with it and succeed?

Thank you for your input.

rhoula, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  2. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only forum that would ever generate a large income is either the type where you invest hundred thousand dollars or more, like some anime site I know that has over 8 million members. Or the illegal kind like warez forums and you make money through donations and having a VIP section etc. Don't be fooled by this. A normal forum can never in it's life generate so much money unless there is something totally unique that another forum doesn't have. Reason why I mentioned this anime site...it started as a forum and then became a game and a place where you can 'legally' watch movies online at certain times of the day with your virtual character. They were bought out by another company for 2 million dollars. Their concept is unique and that is why I said no normal forum can ever achieve that.

sarah_harvey, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  3. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would setup a system, pay 10% upfront, then 25% in the middle , once you notice results and the rest at the end.

Overall, It sounds to good to be true.

Dreads, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  4. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing is to start a Pay Per Post program for your forum. You will get enough members and traffic for your forum and it will also bring money.

momi, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  5. chosenlight

chosenlight Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords :$1000 (20% of $5000)
    Waste of money, your not selling a product, you have a forum. If you lead people to a dead forum they hit the back button. I've never heard of anyone having a ppc campaign on a forum. I think right there you should know he doesnt know what he is talking about.

$800 for back links and another $800 dollars for more backlinks from signature postings....i think is way too much. 800 I think is enough to start with.

800 on contests....i think is a waste of money, its very hard to run a successful contest that does the job (which means attracting people to your site long term)....i think its a waste of money

800 will be spent on hosting and other software???? WHY??? thats way way way too much.

In conclusion, I don't think your friend knows what he is talking about. Esp. that he didnt tell you that for a new forum to start, most of the time you'll have to hire a paid poster(s) to keep the forums active.

n e ways....goodluck

chosenlight, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have that kind of money. If I did I may consider something like that.

That's what I m looking for, something unique.

That Sounds like an excellent Idea. I admit that I have never though of something like that.

Wow that would be great if I could make half of that from my forum :)

I don't think you read the thread. My friend is just helping me. He is not getting paid for his work.

That is one of the step that I will be taking.

I agree with you. My intention is to make the content appealing so I could keep each and every visit I receive.

So many Forums use Adwrods to lure visitors to their forums. I did my homework and was amazed how many were successful. I'm an admin at one of them.

Not all the money will be spent in full. Money will be spent depending on many factors. If I see good result, I will continue spending, if not I will look for a better alternative.

The Vbulletin license is 180.00 vbseo is $160.00 dedicated servers are around $69 a month

I
    He did said that, plus It's obvious that paid posters are needed. As I said I'm an admin at another forums and I know how important that is.

rhoula, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  7. lava1984

lava1984 Guest

Best Answers:
    Boss best way is to create a own forum and try to momentise it with the ways you know. Within 2 months you can get what you want

lava1984, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  8. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what the question is all about? how to monetize a forum. It would be great if you could better formulate your answer.

Thank you

rhoula, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  9. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    to earn 5000$ from a forum you need tons of traffic. I think you could ask your friend how would he make that possible and how much cost it will be. You could not get that much traffic and income if only rely on free advertising/marketing methods alone.

tradeya, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  10. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    PM'ed you, talk to me and see if you're interested in what I have to offer. I have owned a forum that has made $5000/mo and up from direct advertisers.

clade, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree with you, I will need about 10.000 page impressions to make a little over 160 a day to meet the 5000 a month.

As I said many other methods will be used.
    Thank you for your Post

Tried to reach you through yahoo but was not successful. I also sent you a PM. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Thank you :)

rhoula, Mar 24, 2009 IP