1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make over $5000 a month from a Forum

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rhoula, Feb 16, 2009.

A very good friend of mine said that he could turn any forum into a money making machine in 6 to 9 months. He said he developed a technique that could bring more members and income that you can dream of.

He said with a cost of around $5000 for the first 6 month the Forums will be bringing that amount each and every month.

I know this sounds impossible. I trust him a lot and I m wondering if it would be a good idea to invest that amount.

Please guys let me know what you think. 5000 is all have to my name and I don't want to waste it.

Thank you

rhoula, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  2. Pixulated

Pixulated Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to be honest, what are you actually buying?

You don't really know do you?

Try to get some proof from you friend and get a little bit more information about the technique before you even think about doing anything, $5000 is a lot of money and you can lose it in the blink of an eye but you can't make it in a blink of any eye can you?

Good luck.

Pixulated, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  3. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    forums are very hard to monetize. Mate or no mate ask to see revenue/traffic stats.

Highena.com, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  4. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    smells fishy and sounds more like a scam.
    Don't need to spend so much $5K for a new forum.

more likely you earn peanuts after paying this guy $5K and he disappears into the sunset.
    Yes, you will easily earn $5K per month .. but that will be $5K Zimbabwe dollars , NOT US Dollars:D

tradester, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  5. rjmwx81

rjmwx81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If he's really your friend, he'd do it for free and then let you pay once it's profitable. I'm not saying ALL businesses can do this, of course, but if he's actually a friend, and not someone who's just looking for a new customer, he should be willing to do this.

rjmwx81, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  6. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask to see proof. Also see if you can pay after the forum is profitable.

scweb, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  7. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also if he's a friend what should the normal rate for this sort of thing be if you are paying 5k if its the same he's not much of a friend.

lorddan01, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  8. Kirsty H

Kirsty H Banned

Best Answers:
    I would definitely want to see proofs of his past success with forums, revenue stats etc... Be careful with your money, because nobody else will.

Kirsty H, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  9. jeffbeer09

jeffbeer09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree 110%... a friend would work with you on this for cheaper, you pay him with a couple beers/pizza and like a couple hundred bucks.
    I say start a forum, work on it a little with minimum budget. If you only have
    5k to your name, then keep your money and use your 5k to reduce any debts, invest in PepsiCo. Stock... don't invest 5k into a forum.

If your friends being a real jag, just say that you'll give him a % of the total profits... since he is so certain this method will work, he would be dumb not to take you up on it.

jeffbeer09, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you ever met this "friend"? or is he an online friend?
    If it's online only then I'd walk away from the deal.
    Google his name, at the very least and check what others have to say about him.

sarahk, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  11. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes we both live in Oklahoma City. He has a very successful job with the Oklahoma Lottery commission and has a nice portfolio.

The 5000 is not going to him. He is helping me for no charge he said that 5000 will go to promote the site.

He said that 20% of the money will be spent on Adwords, 16% will be spent on buying links. 16% for ad placement on other forums, 16% to rent signatures from posters from other forums, 16% will go to contests, 16% will be spent on hosting forum license blog license vbseo skins and other software and scripts.

I have a little experience in forums, and he is making sounds so feasible.

So what do you think guys :)

rhoula, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  12. buster23

buster23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really dont think you should do it.You can do more things or different ways of making that much woithought spending it all

buster23, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  13. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $1000, possible, i manage a forum like this.
    $5000, don't know. Could be true if your forum grows large.

xrvel, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  14. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many members threads posts and impressiond would you make a $1000 a month.

To tell you the truth. I would be happy with a $1000 a month with a $5000 investment. That is a 240% ROI?

I don't know much about the risk tho?

rhoula, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  15. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The income does not come from automated ads such as adbrite / adsense.
    It comes from manual banner ads on the header.
    Current members are 71k.

xrvel, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  16. BromptonWeb

BromptonWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    forums are very hard to make money with and very easy to spam.....

Very hard to maintain unless you have moderators or you are in front of it 20/24H a day:(

And last be carefull of proof from other forum, many forum are new or have no visitors but admin upload databases that are available to make beleive there like 20,000 users on it:)

Good Luck!

BromptonWeb, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  17. krolbiz

krolbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Rhoula, please spend your $5000 wisely. You can do something else other than forums with more profitable and with much much less capital to spend. I would recommend my FREE method for you on my signature link below.

Inside, you can even start today without any experience or special skills - even if you don't have a list or a website yet!

It contains solid info on how you can make anywhere from $500 to $5,000 or MORE every month in extra income.

To your success...! :)

krolbiz, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  18. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to ask your friend to show you some evident first such as his portfolio and what is his last successful forum.
    The most important thing is ask for the analytic data sheet and 12 month of monthly income statement before you trust him with your hard earn money.

mentos, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  19. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your going to spend $5k on a forum why not open a site that will actually profit from the $5k spent to promote it.

lukey372, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  20. Captain Tycoon

Captain Tycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Theres just too many factors of which will affect the success of this idea; but to start with:

Whats your forum niche? Is it Unique or Is it over-saturated?
    Does your competitors in the same niche actually make that amount of money?
    How are you really planning to make that amount of money every month?
    Are you planning to make $5000p/m just from advertisements? If yes then I think that you're going to need to put up alot of advertisements, but is that a good idea if its going to draw so many visitors away and distract members?
    Unless your forum is already active, Why are you going to spend so much in advertising when you're not spending anything to actually make your forum active and have unique content?

Its possible, but I think that the strategy your friend is using is for forums that already exist, are fairly active and need a boost of traffic/activity for growth.

Captain Tycoon, Feb 17, 2009 IP