1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make money by answering people's questions?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Julian Brockmann, Mar 21, 2022.

Some teachers recommend looking for which questions people have on the internet and answering them.
    This brings your website into google for those search terms.
    Now what does the website look like?

Question -> Answer -> Affiliate link.

The affiliate link should be connected to the answer contextually.

Yet, they never are, they are always more or less off. Unless you actively work towards a product some company sells via affiliate.

So the teachers say that you can blog about your favourite topic as long as there are people searching for what you write about.

Yet my experience shows that people do not click on affiliate links or don't buy there, unless it's amazon.

Yes, Amazon's commission fee is so low that you could call it a scam, and once a product is returned, the fee is being deducted from your earnings, which should not happen, as you contributed to the customer buying this and it's not your fault if he decided otherwise.

But as long as clickbank and all the others don't work at all, amazon is still your best bet.

I cannot relate that teachers recommend leaving amazon in favour of other affiliate programs while still talking about what you want if there's search volume for it.

It seems that the only way to make money is not by writing about what you care about, which is being searched for, but by doing a sales pitch for someone else's product on clickbank.

So you are doing their marketing, have to come up with reasons why someone should buy their products all the while you get a low fee - albeit higher than amazon's.

So you say: "Look at those products, I have them all at home, they are awesome, only 5 are left <insert javascript counter that resets after 5 products were 'sold'>"?

It seems to be wrong to write about what people ask. You need to do a sales pitch for some product with a high commission rate, like credit cards instead of writing about how to kajak to then mention in a link that there was some kajak course that you heard was good and you put an affiliate link to it.

What is your take and your experience?

Julian Brockmann, Mar 21, 2022 IP
  2. aurorazero

aurorazero Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will start by saying that I have never done this nor would I consider doing it. To me it is dishonest and just a way for people to sell you something you do not need. I have run into this type thing and it always irritates me to no end.

If I have a question about a product, or even a service I want genuine answers not to be sold something.

aurorazero, Mar 23, 2022 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  3. suzuqami

suzuqami Peon

Best Answers:
    The author questions the effectiveness of aligning website content, questions, and affiliate links, expressing skepticism about non-Amazon affiliate programs. They emphasize the challenge of earning through genuine content creation and suggest a focus on high-commission products, questioning the conventional advice on writing about popular topics.

suzuqami, Jan 16, 2024 IP