1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Make Itrader More Prominent - Control Rising Cases of Scams

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by khan.anzer, Jul 20, 2013.

Hi Friends,
    I am noticing that even though the new changes to DP are quite appealing and user friendly. However, DP has somehow degraded the importance of itrader. I have come across a lot of cases recently in which a user has duped so many article/content writers (Thank God, DP Banned them). Still, article writers lost their money as they weren't paid. I feel that worth of itrader has come down as now its not as evident as it was in earlier interface. The itraders and comments used to help a lot in establishing the credibility of the user. Whereas, i feel Like and Trophy Points aren't as effective. In one such case, the user enjoys Good Trophy Points and Counts but still was a scam
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/num-lock.101788/

So, i suggest its high time DP should keep quality users in its forum and highlight itrader as it used to

khan.anzer, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can see from that user's Marketplace tab that they have been involved in many refunds and disputes. BTW - there is no iTrader any longer.

digitalpoint, Jul 20, 2013 IP
    khan.anzer, Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just a thought, but isn't the iTrader thing a vbulletin plugin and wouldn't any such system need to be one for Xen Foro on DP now seeing as how DP no longer uses vbulletin these days?

not that I am saying anything against iTrader (or similar) or for it or anything like that, as perhaps somehere on the list DP and Shawn have some sort of plans in this regard?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 21, 2013 IP
    khan.anzer likes this.
  4. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think new system working great. I believe scammer and Spammer wouldn't be able to get high amount of Likes and Best Answer. I always think people with low likes and less Best answer were not qualify enough to be good client for long-term relationship. Off course I understand not all people come to DP to socialize. Most of them were coming here for doing businesses.
    However, member with high Likes and Best Answer tend to have good personality and respect. Both of them are really important in the world of Online Business.

Measuring someone through Trophy point is good but it is better to use 'Likes' and 'Best Answer'. However, the best solution to measure another member is through their posts. Posts would tell us their opinion about a something, How good they are in doing business and the risk we may get by doing business with them.

To measure whether they were good seller/buyer, Checking their 'Market Place' tab in their user profile is necessary. The tab has more information with higher and better accuracy. As DigitalPoint already stated, Itrader were no longer available. Old itrader were shown up in the tab but it no longer usable. 'MarketPlace' tab is better than Itrader IMO.
    Here is simple example of mine
    marketplace.jpg
    I only have one transaction in DP. Always avoid doing business with member whom have less than 100% rating and negative feedback in 'MarketPlace' tab. Sometimes it is better to do business with only great members.
    To sum up the everything, Itrader is good but new system is better. What makes different is how we use the forum to do business. Once you love the new system, You'll find it has lots of features that benefits their honest and respected seller/buyer.
    Good luck with your business.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is already a feedback system.

Regarding iTrader, the ditching of it was announced long ago (and the "new" system brought in, albeit it just recorded transactions then):

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/transition-away-from-itrader.1942652/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/marketplace-instant-pay.1913920/

ryan_uk, Jul 21, 2013 IP