1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major TOS Violation

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by adstracker, Mar 23, 2006.

1. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    I think javascript

SEO Guru, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If I run into any site where it says to click on the ads, support me by clicking on the ads, click on the google ads, etc etc etc
    It is automatic that I report the violation to google.

And yes, I am sure that google does the same searches, finds these sites, and at some point, disables the ads or bans the account.

Any webmaster who signs up for adsense and does this, is not stupid, that person is a thief.

iowadawg, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  3. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I will give the admin some time to respond to my message. If he doesn't do anything, I will report it to Google.

I mean, a lot of advertisers pay money to let people visit their sites. The goal is that these people are interested. If webmasters ( better call them webnoobs ) are messing around with "click on the ads" that really pisses me off, cause, because of their fraud, our PPC will go down.

adstracker, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  4. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

I got a reply from the admin:

"Thank you very much for your concern. I will address the issue immediately. We appreciate the support ahem clicks ;)"

I looked at his sig, and now he has changed his signature to:
    "Help support the bandwidth costs by doing anything you can think of to support us."

It's pretty borderline, but I won't report this to Google. Hope this will stay this way.

5. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, smart guy and a nice idea:D
    Just wondering that can we use this line "Please support this website by visiting our sponsors"

6. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    I just came across this on one of my competetiors page:

"For operating costs, we rely solely on nominal revenue generated through our sponsored link advertisers. Every time you click to visit one of our sponsor advertisers, we receive a small amount for helping you find their products and services. Thank you for supporting these sponsored advertisers."

Now I am not going to report that, bc I thihnk that is underhanded and dirty, but isn't that entering a grey area in the ToS?

TCR, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  7. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree that it is in the grey area of the ToS.

@Seo-Guru: "Please support this website by visiting our sponsors"
    is forbidden, I recently read a post on the Adsense website ( the Google Adsense pages, with info how to avoid being banned ), and that exact phrase was mentioned there.
    So that's not allowed, and it will get you banned.

8. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks but i wasnt going to use that anyhow. :)
    I was just wondering that it can be used or not.

9. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought so :) .

I think it's pretty strange that Google spends so much money on click fraud but not on this kind of things. I think there must be much more "Please click on my ads" sites that cause costs to advertisers, then through click fraud :S

10. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Click fraud is so big because of the people who do not consider what the ads are really about anyways. They only see them as a source of income to support their Internet habits. The truth is of course this program is provided so that the advertisers can reach a broader market and find customers they normally would miss. They want to pay for the honest clicks and not dishonest ones to support a website because the webmaster is to stupid to figure out how to make money honestly.

TheNetCode, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  11. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    The practical side to this is, whatever anyone does, G00gle is getting the money, this way or the other, I have seen ads on many parked domains sites also, and they are more common on those sites, than on other sites, we dont get to know about them because we hardly strike on with them on our searches, and even if we do, we are in a hurry to ignore them, You think Google doesn't knows about it??
    If you think so, you are mistaken, they are the originators of such revolutionary technology that took the world by storm that this computer world has seen only after microsoft, So do you expect them to be ignorant about these things, no, they pretty much know all about it, and whatever be the way they are earning, the fact will remain as it is that they are earning and they are earning big.

12. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got a point there. I also think Google knows that this is happening. But the fact remains, that, if you earn more then 50$ with Adsense, Google is probably going to review your site.
    If they discover that you do such a thing, they will ban you.
    I think they only do this with advertisers that really make a lot of money with the "click on the ads" thing.
    It isn't profitable to ban every user that breaks that part of the ToS because that would cost more money than it would earn.

I think Google is questioning his dignity by doing this. Why would advertisers follow the rules if they don't check these rules?

This is the grey area between the ToS and fraud, and only Google can judge about this.

SEO Guru likes this.
  13. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me tell you a loophole in google that you look unaware of,
    While registering with adsense, just need to show them your site, there spider visits your site checks dead links IMO, and you get a mail about this. After complete registration google allows you to use ur id for any number of sites, and at the time of payments, even if they review the site, they'll just see the main site, that you registered with, and what about the other ones, they get unnoticed, I am not sure if this has been fixed or not, but it really needs to be fixed real soon if it hasnt been done so far.
    Disclaimer : Please don't try this method, if google bans you, i won't be held responsible if you do ;)

14. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with any type of click fraud is that it hurts all people who take advantage of the AdSense program. It is the fodder upon which future class action lawsuits will be based and to the extent lawyers can keep raising the acquisition cost of ad revenue for Google it will be compelled to recover that cost by lowering the percentage it pays to AdSense participants.

Google has to keep Wall Street happy to maintain its share value and to the extent Wall Street worries about click fraud and to the extent it shows up on its balance sheet as restated income and/or rising legal costs it affects the company's share value. If Google is no diligent it could even incur the wrath of the SEC or DAs like Spitzer.

Encouraging people to click on ads is encouraging people rip off the people who pay to run the website. This is a form of fraud because you are making a promise to treat that person well, but you turn around and treat them like crap.

If you also use Google to advertise and if this kind of thing is wasting your ad budget, then you are going to re-evaluate whether spending money advertising through Google makes sense, especially if it is going into a program which continues to attract fraudsters.

One can choose to ignore these sites, contact the operator, or contact Google. But, if you are trying to make money from AdSense, you may want to give some consideration to doing something rather than nothing.

clancey, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  15. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you sign up with one website only, then use your code in other websites, google knows.
    They track the clicks and they see them coming from different domains, etc.
    So come time to pay you, they will check each domain out.
    So if you have a domain that blatantly says to click on adsense and believe that by not telling google you have this domain, you are kidding yourself big time!
    Have no fear, google outs the crooks, the spamsters and the fraud artists.

And still, I say, you run across a violation, or think it is a violation, report the site to google at once.
    Not only will they check the reported site, but any other sites that have the adsense code on them of the reported site.

See, someone is thinking like a fraudster, to say just tell google you have one site and then put the code on many other sites.
    That is not a loophole, that is a black hole from which one will never get out and will stay banned for all time!

iowadawg, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  16. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clarifying it, as i said I dont know if it still exists, I read it somewhere, maybe that article was an old one when this thing used to exist, and dont be doubtful
    I like to
    ..::plAy sAfE::..
    ;)

TCR likes this.
  17. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So has anyone Ever heard of some one getting a refund on their adwords? It may take a few months for the adsense fraudster to reach a point that Google checks them. Meanwhile the adsense client have paid Google for the click. If Google desides some one is a fraud and so doesn't pay them the adwords cleints chould get their money back. Never heard of that happening!

adacprogramming, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  18. apondonet

apondonet Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be mean my brother. Contact him and let him know that he is violating the TOS. Be very detailed when you do so, by referring him directly to the Adsense TOS.

If he doesn't comply, then he is fair game. I also hate unfairness, but as somebody indicated above it may just be due to ignorance.

apondonet, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  19. adstracker

adstracker Peon

Best Answers:
    I did that, and he removed the sentence. So everything is good now.

I also think it's weird that Google isn't refunding Adwords, they keep the money themself and that isn't fair at all.

adstracker, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  20. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    :eek: they claim that they do refund the money

SEO Guru, Mar 24, 2006 IP