1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major incorrect data / cross table problem

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by mdorsh, Jun 15, 2004.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Payments aren't tied to a specific invoice, so you are just going to need to make sure you delete the same dollar amount of payments as the invoices you delete. As far as deleting them goes, there is not an automated way to do it, so you are going to have to write a script to do it.

digitalpoint, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  2. mdorsh

mdorsh Guest

Best Answers:
    ohhh kaayyy. so let me get this straight.

1) You have no idea how your database software could have placed info from the call activity into invoices.

2) You have no idea why your database software would suddenly choose to bring those balances forward.

3) You have no idea how we can remedy this problem.

4) You don't much seem to care.

Let me know if I am missing something.

mdorsh, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The only way it could have brought something in from another table would be to import it.

Rebuilding the indexes would rebuild the balance due field.

The null line items clean up will take care of it going forward, but going back historically, you would need to be able to key off something unique within those line items to be able to fix it. If there is nothing unique about those line items, it would be impossible.

digitalpoint, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  4. mdorsh

mdorsh Guest

Best Answers:
    -----"The only way it could have brought something in from another table would be to import it."

As stated in a previous post, we seem to have tracked the creation of these bogus invoices to our upgrade to 3.3.2 which did, I believe, do some imports of ._usr files converting them to the fm5 format.
    However the upgrade was completed with no errors reported. The upgrade took place earlier this year with accounts and invoices going back to early 1997. If an incorrect file was imported during the upgrade then why/how could this happen? Also why would this only cause the 1 or 2 months span of invoices on only some accounts to corrupt rather than all of them? It is obvious that, at least at some point, it imported the correct file, as the vast majority of invoices were imported correctly.

-----"Rebuilding the indexes would rebuild the balance due field."

BUT we rebuild indexes daily and these invoices have been there since feb/march so why all of a sudden would that days reindex bring those forward after so many months?

mdorsh, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not sure to be honest, do you have a backup of your old data, and if so are you able to replicate the problem with it when doing the import?

6. mdorsh

mdorsh Guest

Best Answers:
    I have found the backup from right before the upgrade and will try this as time allows today.

This brings up a question. If after this experiment the invoices are not corrupted, is there a way we can overwrite the invoices from a specific time period. What I mean is if for example I export all the 1997 invoices (can I even do this?) can I then import these into our current database overwriting them all?

Martin

mdorsh, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It could be done... it would require a little scripting and getting at the data via XML to alter the tables directly.