1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major help needed

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by e10, May 30, 2008.

Okay, I know some clever clogs here is going to tell me to flip a switch and I am going to feel like such an idiot but I have a major problem and am just not getting where it came from or how to fix it.

Since opening the pc this morning I have had no access to certain sites including my own eTenerife site. I can't access the site, send/receive email or access via ftp although apparently the rest of the world sees the site as normal.

I contacted the host Futurequest who honestly as always bent over backwards trying to help. They had me do a TRACERT which bunged up at jump 15... then asked me to check if I could reach some other sites. 3 of them I could, and 2 I could not including http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

In IE i get a diagnostic message which says: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#
    but I get nothing except a blank white page on FF.

I did google for info on the error and it seems there is a conflict in IE7 which can cause this to happen in IE. I don't understand what is affecting FF though and why is it affecting only certain sites - particularly my own?

I have rebooted, restored, and reset the modem till I am blue in the face and I am getting nowhere.

Please if anyone knows what the hell I am ranting on about please help me sort this out before I explode.

e10, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. Afazelpoor

Afazelpoor Guest

Best Answers:
    Who is your ISP and are they blocking your host?

Afazelpoor, May 30, 2008 IP